Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
necho

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by necho » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:15 am

oblique strategies wrote:
Is George an ocicat?
No, he's a Maine Coon cross.... looks a bit ocicat-like though. He has a leopard-spot belly.
_________
sigs suck.

Verbal

Post by Verbal » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:20 pm

[quote="Aequitas123"][quote="pwdm"]My little nest of cables.

[quote]
I've been looking for a rack like the angled one on wheels. Where'd you get it? How sturdy is it?

pwdm

Post by pwdm » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:06 pm

Verbal wrote:
Aequitas123 wrote:
I've been looking for a rack like the angled one on wheels. Where'd you get it? How sturdy is it?
Not that sturdy, and I got in a local shop here in DK.

I think its a standard stand you should be able to find one locally.
Facebook
Novation Nio, Novation Remote SL, Korg Padkontrol, Waldorf Blofeld, CME UF5, Ableton Live8, Max4Live, BCR2k, Akai APC20.

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:31 pm

necho wrote:
oblique strategies wrote:
Is George an ocicat?
No, he's a Maine Coon cross.... looks a bit ocicat-like though. He has a leopard-spot belly.
Maine Coon cats are nuts! I had friends who had one & it was HUGE. It used to run down the hallway & launch itself at people's legs, it was like getting slammed into by a decent sized dog! It would also sit there & take swipes at your ankles, & just dare you to do something about it.

:-)

necho

Post by necho » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 am

oblique strategies wrote: It would also sit there & take swipes at your ankles, & just dare you to do something about it.
yeah - he does that. He tends to wake me up in the morning by sinking his teeth into my neck. Other than that, he's very affectionate...
_________
sigs suck.

Rave

Post by Rave » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:10 am

necho wrote:
pwdm wrote: But they do make great pets. Just make sure you get more than one as they like to live in groups. Nothing sadder than a depressed rat.
We try and keep a regular group of about 6 but take in strays that skew the numbers sometimes.
I like the idea of an intelligent rodent... been thinking about rats for a while... but I still find them a bit... I dunno - eugh... I had some unpleasant rat experiences in India a while back.

And I don't think George would get on with them very well:

Your cat is lovely. Meow.

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:20 am

Rave wrote:
necho wrote:
pwdm wrote: But they do make great pets. Just make sure you get more than one as they like to live in groups. Nothing sadder than a depressed rat.
We try and keep a regular group of about 6 but take in strays that skew the numbers sometimes.
I like the idea of an intelligent rodent... been thinking about rats for a while... but I still find them a bit... I dunno - eugh... I had some unpleasant rat experiences in India a while back.

And I don't think George would get on with them very well:

Your cat is lovely. Meow.
Ditto.

kenporter

Post by kenporter » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:13 pm

My updated studio. Bought a 32" 1080p LG TV that was on sale at Best Buy. Best purchase I've made I think... :)

Command Station

Vocal Booth

Amps

Mic Collection

Gear list:
Ableton Live 8 Suite
Max for Live
2.8GHz 8-core MacPro
RME Fireface 800
Apogee AD-8000
Meyer HD-1 monitors
APC40
Virus TI Polar
Korg padKontrol
Groove Tubes SuPre
Groove Tubes Glory Comp
Blue Kiwi
Neumann TLM103
Groove Tubes GT55
Fender Cyber-Deluxe
Fender GDEC
etc.

IP

Post by IP » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:20 pm

kenporter wrote:Meyer HD-1 monitors
wet

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:23 pm

+1 on the Meyer HD1's.. +2 for the acoustic treatment..

Kenporter.. what is that thing to the left of the pad kontrol? looks like some kind of air purifier.. if so, how does it work for you and how does it help with the dust..

kenporter

Post by kenporter » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:28 pm

Yeah I love the Meyer's! If there's one thing I don't like about them it's that they are non-fatiguing and I keep turning them up over the course of some long sessions. :)

The thing next to the padKontrol is just a quiet fan (which I can't say about that other one in the room and hence pretty much never use that one.) I am in Phoenix Arizona, and even though I have AC in the room it has a hard time keeping up if the gear is on all day and there are people in the room. I may have to put another AC line in the room at some point I think, but the fan works OK for now.

Ken

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:34 pm

Looks great Ken! I like the CDs on the wall similar to gold records :) Good call on the LCD TV too, saw a thread on GS about that, think it's the route I'll go too.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Fobicafa

Post by Fobicafa » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:43 pm

My sexy cat with some gear, the Blofeld-synth on the right I sold together with MPC2500 and KaossPad3, still got a DSI Evolver Keyboard here.

And one special-sexy-cat pic :D

BTW, the cat is not to fat, it's a british-shorthair, so they have shorter legs, bigger head, everythings round... :D

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:45 pm

is that korg ms-20 you didnt even mention in the gear list the real deal or the software version?

kenporter

Post by kenporter » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:02 pm

Tarekith wrote:Looks great Ken! I like the CDs on the wall similar to gold records :) Good call on the LCD TV too, saw a thread on GS about that, think it's the route I'll go too.
Thanks. The TV thing was basically just a test and it turned out to be one of the coolest purchases. Best Buy had this LG TV on sale for $450 because their new models arrived, and I just thought let's try it. I get a 1920x1080 resolution which is plenty good, and people sitting on the couch can still see what I am doing. :)

About the CD's, far from gold! ;) I must say full of pride without sounding arrogant because it means absolutely nothing that the one furthest to the right did make the DAC (German charts) back in '07 for 2 weeks though. :)

Ken