Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
aqua_tek
Posts: 2569
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by aqua_tek » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:58 am

When I first sold the 2000XL, the initial plan was to get one of the newer ones, like the 1000 or the 2500. Basically get the same MPC workflow, which I loved, but with a few modern conveniences and other improvements (thanks, in part, to JJ OS).

But, I got sidetracked for a minute. Found a Machinedrum for a good price and felt compelled to try it for a while. It was kind of fun, but after the initial "wow, this is kind of cool" period, it kind of lost me.

After a few weeks with the MD, I decided that MPC's are more in tune with me, so I decided to sell it. Then it was a tossup between the 2500 and the 1000. I'd already owned both at some point or another, and I know their weaknesses and strengths. The 2500, of course, is more fully featured, but if I could save a few hundred bucks, I'd happily buy a 1000.

Fellow forumite "beats me" made me an offer that I couldn't refuse, so I bought his 1000.... which incidentally, works perfectly.

freshdrumma
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:33 pm
Location: italy
Contact:

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by freshdrumma » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:34 am

never owned a machine drum, but the mpc 1000 is the best thing i ever bought, make mw want to do music a gain, it's a real instrument where you listen to what you have done instead of looking to a screen and assuming that something needs to be "that long" ... really makes me focus on what i hear.

i think i will grab a 2500 as soon as i will get everything i can (thing that i never done with the computer) out of it.

p.s. everything i record into it sounds so alive, must be something in the converters

v00d00ppl
Posts: 1630
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:29 am
Location: Fremont, CA
Contact:

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by v00d00ppl » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:27 pm

aqua_tek wrote:When I first sold the 2000XL, the initial plan was to get one of the newer ones, like the 1000 or the 2500. Basically get the same MPC workflow, which I loved, but with a few modern conveniences and other improvements (thanks, in part, to JJ OS).

But, I got sidetracked for a minute. Found a Machinedrum for a good price and felt compelled to try it for a while. It was kind of fun, but after the initial "wow, this is kind of cool" period, it kind of lost me.

After a few weeks with the MD, I decided that MPC's are more in tune with me, so I decided to sell it. Then it was a tossup between the 2500 and the 1000. I'd already owned both at some point or another, and I know their weaknesses and strengths. The 2500, of course, is more fully featured, but if I could save a few hundred bucks, I'd happily buy a 1000.

Fellow forumite "beats me" made me an offer that I couldn't refuse, so I bought his 1000.... which incidentally, works perfectly.
what did you think of the E12 lo fi simulator? is it good or just better to get an sps and resample onto an old school ensoniq EPS?

ddavi78
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:46 am
Location: US

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by ddavi78 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:44 pm

Studio Update :D
http://db.tt/DNEna9f

8)

aqua_tek
Posts: 2569
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by aqua_tek » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:46 pm

v00d00ppl wrote:
aqua_tek wrote:When I first sold the 2000XL, the initial plan was to get one of the newer ones, like the 1000 or the 2500. Basically get the same MPC workflow, which I loved, but with a few modern conveniences and other improvements (thanks, in part, to JJ OS).

But, I got sidetracked for a minute. Found a Machinedrum for a good price and felt compelled to try it for a while. It was kind of fun, but after the initial "wow, this is kind of cool" period, it kind of lost me.

After a few weeks with the MD, I decided that MPC's are more in tune with me, so I decided to sell it. Then it was a tossup between the 2500 and the 1000. I'd already owned both at some point or another, and I know their weaknesses and strengths. The 2500, of course, is more fully featured, but if I could save a few hundred bucks, I'd happily buy a 1000.

Fellow forumite "beats me" made me an offer that I couldn't refuse, so I bought his 1000.... which incidentally, works perfectly.
what did you think of the E12 lo fi simulator? is it good or just better to get an sps and resample onto an old school ensoniq EPS?
It was ok. Nothing that you couldn't achieve with a good SP-12 or 1200 sample pack IMO.

ruddyp
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by ruddyp » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Image

Image
Download my recent beat tape
http://www.mediafire.com/?5lrc8l7gly1cvbj

JoshR
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 1:53 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by JoshR » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:56 pm

Your cat looks like a very elegant statue.

esky
Posts: 701
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:54 pm
Location: Berlin - Kreuzberg 61
Contact:

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by esky » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:58 am

Nice, she sits there like she was told to sit like that...some kind of a model cat...

Rabalder
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Norway

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by Rabalder » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:27 pm

This is what the cat is looking at:

Image

ruddyp
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by ruddyp » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:42 pm

hahaha. shes such a camera whore.
Download my recent beat tape
http://www.mediafire.com/?5lrc8l7gly1cvbj

RoCi
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:38 am
Location: H-TOWN, Texas

Re:

Post by RoCi » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:25 am

Poster wrote:my contribution to the slide show..

Image


Image
how weird that when i came across this i was listening to dont believe a hype surkin remix and i saw your signature lol i was like wtf? lol

shuutobi
Posts: 885
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:23 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by shuutobi » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:46 am

Rabalder wrote:This is what the cat is looking at:

Image
Thanks for giving me nightmares. :cry:
Image

Hervé
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:13 am
Contact:

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by Hervé » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:17 am

It's weird how many peoples don't care about monitors placement... Ears hight in between boomer & tweeter, Equilateral triangle distance head/monitors, twitters in the outside for stereo image if monitors are on their sides, ect... The link between you and your system is one of the most important thing ! (:

Rationalizer
Posts: 1307
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:14 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by Rationalizer » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:43 am

Hervé wrote:It's weird how many peoples don't care about monitors placement... Ears hight in between boomer & tweeter, Equilateral triangle distance head/monitors, twitters in the outside for stereo image if monitors are on their sides, ect... The link between you and your system is one of the most important thing ! (:
+1
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

freshdrumma
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:33 pm
Location: italy
Contact:

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by freshdrumma » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:35 am

maybe he just listen with his head curved on keyboard without looking at the screen..

Post Reply