Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
david.barker

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by david.barker » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:27 pm

My last posting the image failed for some reason,so thought I have another go,ha,ha :oops: :D

My studio is in my tiny bedroom of my mobile home (static trailer to my American freinds,he,he)

You cannot have enough controllers,thats what I say,lol

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:22 am

david.barker wrote:Image

My last posting the image failed for some reason,so thought I have another go,ha,ha :oops: :D

My studio is in my tiny bedroom of my mobile home (static trailer to my American freinds,he,he)

same controllerism here

Logic8807

Post by Logic8807 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:13 am

https://soundcloud.com/thegraysmith/asp ... itch-remix

Check me out...let me know what ya'll think.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:50 am

I am fascinated by the keyboard with the yellow stickers. What are you doing there?

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:33 pm

The Finn wrote:

I am fascinated by the keyboard with the yellow stickers. What are you doing there?
Ha,ha my old fashioned way of learning chords and keys,basically :lol:

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:02 pm

crystalmsc wrote: Image
Your studio looks like a Korg showroom. :lol:

samsteeno

Post by samsteeno » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:59 pm

crystalmsc wrote:Image
I am a huge KORG fan also! The new MS-20 Kit is great as well, I'm always over my mates place to play on his... Cant wait for the ARP Odyssey!
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2014/ ... p-odyssey/

I love how KORG are bringing back 'analog'; at very good price points as well!
The Finn wrote:Believe you me, after the coming apocalypse, when we are all reduced to huddling around little fires in the smoking ruins, your Ableton Push is not going to make any sounds.
https://soundcloud.com/sam-steensen

samsteeno

Post by samsteeno » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:10 am

Here's the beat lab/creative space in the corner of my bedroom. I have a modded Apollo Quad on it's way back from Black Lion Audio, the guys there are great. My MacBook (2.8GHz Dual-Core i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB Flash Storage) runs the whole show, it hides under the Push stand when connected to everything.
I am yet to treat this room because I'm moving soon, hopefully my new room will be bigger, so I can get a better bass response. Next on the list will be a proper desk and monitor stands, then a Warm Audio TB-12 and WA76 to form a channel strip of doom for guitars and microphones. You can spot the little Orange bass amp in the bottom left corner, that thing hits hard. The amazing KORG C-540 does MIDI over USB, along with Push, this makes entering MIDI into Live a breeze, this is the best workflow I've ever had out of any setup.

Last edited by samsteeno on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Finn wrote:Believe you me, after the coming apocalypse, when we are all reduced to huddling around little fires in the smoking ruins, your Ableton Push is not going to make any sounds.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:14 am

What mods did BLA do on the Quad? I didn't know they were modding those now, hmm....

samsteeno

Post by samsteeno » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:18 am

Tarekith wrote:What mods did BLA do on the Quad? I didn't know they were modding those now, hmm....
(Copy n Paste from their website)
Premium Mod
New, high performance op-amps on EVERY analog input and output (mic preamps, line inputs, Hi-Z inputs, headphone outputs, monitor outputs, and line outputs)
New, high-grade signal path capacitors on EVERY analog input and output -> Apollo 8 only (mic preamps, line inputs, Hi-Z inputs, headphone outputs, monitor outputs, and line outputs)
Improving the performance of the analog stage circuits makes a drastic difference for tracking, mixing, and mastering (expect amazing micro-dynamics and space)!
Proprietary decoupling on all A/D and D/A converters using methods found in our Signature, FM, and XB modifications
Our approach to converter decoupling reduces noise generated during the conversion process, leaving you with crisp, clear audio!

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:54 am

BoddAH wrote:Your studio looks like a Korg showroom. :lol:
it's supposed to look like one, I was endorsed by the local representative here :)
samsteeno wrote:I am a huge KORG fan also! The new MS-20 Kit is great as well, I'm always over my mates place to play on his... Cant wait for the ARP Odyssey!
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2014/ ... p-odyssey/

I love how KORG are bringing back 'analog'; at very good price points as well!
yes, I've been following Korg since 1992 and still keep a bunch of collections from the back catalog here. Would love to have the full sized MS-20 one day. but for now, the mini is way more practical for live show and saving some studio space. me too, can't wait for the Arp Odyssey..also hoping that the 2600 is going to be on their list too.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

samsteeno

Post by samsteeno » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:35 am

crystalmsc wrote:..also hoping that the 2600 is going to be on their list too.
+1
KORG should also re-release some of the classic Roland gear while they're at it, since Roland are wandering off into the digital consumer market.
Also very keen for the new, super low priced, AKAI Rhythm Wolf.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:02 am

samsteeno wrote:
crystalmsc wrote:..also hoping that the 2600 is going to be on their list too.
+1
+ all my teenage wishes.

I got to play around with one in a synth class I took years ago. It really clicked for me, but at about $8,000 on ebay right now…
They could probably release one for around $2,500-4,000 that had the same build quality as the original.

alexdecker

Post by alexdecker » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:09 pm

This is my humble little home studio. Placement is not top notch, but I try and work through it though.

– Alex

Edit: In case anybody is wondering:

Sony TC-755 reel-to-reel
Adam A3X
DSI Tempest
Moog Voyager
Push
Supernova II Rack Pro-X (gotta love those 48 voices)
MOTU 828 mk3
Nord Electro 3HP with Clavias own legs
Cheap midikeyboard for on-the-go stuff

cmreal04

Post by cmreal04 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:27 pm

alexdecker wrote:This is my humble little home studio. Placement is not top notch, but I try and work through it though.

– Alex

Edit: In case anybody is wondering:

Sony TC-755 reel-to-reel
Adam A3X
DSI Tempest
Moog Voyager
Push
Supernova II Rack Pro-X (gotta love those 48 voices)
MOTU 828 mk3
Nord Electro 3HP with Clavias own legs
Cheap midikeyboard for on-the-go stuff
Very nice homie, are you gertting enough volume / bass out of those 3 inch Adams?
Ableton 9, Feeltune Rhizome, Focusrite Pro, Mpk249....