Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
pepezabala
Posts: 3499
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: In Berlin, finally

Post by pepezabala » Fri May 23, 2008 7:13 pm

Image

Tone Deft
Posts: 23914
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 23, 2008 7:17 pm

pepe - damn man... beautiful!

ken - amazing setup

kaffein - cool as well
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, POD500HDX, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

oblique strategies
Posts: 3580
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: Another Green World

Post by oblique strategies » Fri May 23, 2008 11:08 pm

pepezabala wrote:Image
Wonderful!!

Can you post a picture of this setup at night? You have some great opportunities for lighting amongst the plants. Especially with candles.

I've done shows in gallery spaces with 100 candles & a lot of plant material we brought in. Very nice indeed...

condra
Posts: 2753
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:03 pm
Location: Dublin
Contact:

Post by condra » Fri May 23, 2008 11:20 pm

Pepe! SO nice!

Verbal
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:05 pm

Post by Verbal » Sat May 24, 2008 2:49 am

Ken,

I currently use a room in the basement. Eventually I'd like to build another room inside it.

Any pics of your room from the outside? Just want to see how it looks.

NativeOps
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:10 am
Contact:

Post by NativeOps » Sat May 24, 2008 5:44 am

man, what a beautiful environment for producing. me on the other hand am in my lil sis's room, with dust everywhere and crusty carpet. well, times like these allow me t save for he rest of my gear. once i complete it, I'll come back and post a pic of mine. maybe a link to a youtube vid too.
Those who speak, don't know.
Those who know, don't speak.
http://nativeacoustics.com/

kenporter
Posts: 452
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:18 pm
Location: 5,660 miles from Ableton HQ

Post by kenporter » Sat May 24, 2008 7:00 am

Verbal wrote:Ken,

I currently use a room in the basement. Eventually I'd like to build another room inside it.

Any pics of your room from the outside? Just want to see how it looks.
Hey Verbal,

It's the outside of my house on 2 sides, my wife's office on the other side and then the wall that's inside the garage. I can send pictures, but they're not going to be exciting. Let me know and I'll email them to you...

Ken

glu
Posts: 2769
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 12:27 am

Post by glu » Sat May 24, 2008 7:05 am

pepezabala-

I have lusted over several studios on this long torturous thread, but this picture
is a dream-

I will soon be in the Amazon recording monkey vocalizations, I will have to take
a shot of my portable jungle studio; hopefully it will look as inspiring as your
green studio! I like the mannequin on the right of the photo. And it's nice to
see both monochots and dichots in your studio!
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

pepezabala
Posts: 3499
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: In Berlin, finally

Post by pepezabala » Sat May 24, 2008 8:26 am

humm, unfortunately it is not my studio, only very nice place where we had the chance to play. I would really love to have a place like this for producing. I think plants should be the best bass traps you can have to treat a room. :-)

Here you can hear a small excerpt from the two hour session I did together with my mate Carsten from Institut FATIMA and our invited percussionist/noisemaker Frank R. (Suma). All improvised stuff, with Frank using bricks, flowerpots, leafes and wood for percussion:
Suma & Fatima - In a garden

kaffein
Posts: 1195
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact:

Post by kaffein » Sat May 24, 2008 8:37 am

pepezabala wrote:humm, unfortunately it is not my studio, only very nice place where we had the chance to play. I would really love to have a place like this for producing. I think plants should be the best bass traps you can have to treat a room. :-)

Here you can hear a small excerpt from the two hour session I did together with my mate Carsten from Institut FATIMA and our invited percussionist/noisemaker Frank R. (Suma). All improvised stuff, with Frank using bricks, flowerpots, leafes and wood for percussion:
Suma & Fatima - In a garden
They are more like mid range/high range diffusers really... Although they do give off oxygen and everything.

djgroovy
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:15 pm
Location: Portugal

Post by djgroovy » Sat May 24, 2008 1:29 pm

Pepe, that was the most inspiring setting so far... really beautiful.

ScholarlyGent
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 12:52 pm
Location: Detroit

Post by ScholarlyGent » Sat May 24, 2008 1:51 pm

djgroovy wrote:Pepe, that was the most inspiring setting so far... really beautiful.
I love the "in the garden" session as well.

Angstrom
Posts: 14707
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:22 pm
Contact:

Post by Angstrom » Sat May 24, 2008 3:17 pm

The Barcelona garden one is nice, and slots in just nicely behind my favourite of all time:

Mammalux wrote:
Image

oblique strategies
Posts: 3580
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: Another Green World

Post by oblique strategies » Sat May 24, 2008 5:50 pm

Angstrom wrote:The Barcelona garden one is nice, and slots in just nicely behind my favourite of all time:

Mammalux wrote:
Image
Thanks for re-posting this image -one of my favorites too.

sublimelobc
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:30 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Post by sublimelobc » Sat May 24, 2008 6:04 pm

Wow!

WOW!!

Post Reply