Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:20 am

rob mikrob wrote:my studio setup in brazil.

How is the full foam covered room treating you? Did you notice a big change when you installed it?

rob mikrob

Post by rob mikrob » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:40 am

oblique strategies wrote:
rob mikrob wrote:my studio setup in brazil.

How is the full foam covered room treating you? Did you notice a big change when you installed it?

yes, my room had great reverberation.

after installing the foam could get a better result and a more accurate sound, but a little dead, because the foam retains the sound.

sorry for my poor english :cry:

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:21 pm

trexmatt

Post by trexmatt » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:04 pm

Rob Mikrob,
I bet those drum pads are perfect for that kind of music!
How sensitive are they though? I have some pads on my AKAI MPK49 and you have to really push them in... I think I have to turn the sensitivity up or something.

You've been producing since 2000! Oh my god, keep it up!
Hows that Mac?

tech44

Post by tech44 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:22 pm

aburgener wrote:What's the thing to the left of the Machinedrum?
http://www.vintagesynth.com/index2.html

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:43 pm

So the thing to the left of the Machinedrum is a website that I frequent constantly while bored at work? You'd think I would have noticed it... :roll:

Thanks to lerky for actually answering.

Dougie Jones

Post by Dougie Jones » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:51 pm

Here is me and my setup... not a great photo I know but its the best I can find right now.
Please check out my latest mix on http://dougiejones.podomatic.com

My website at www.dougie-jones.com

And my tracks on www.cascabelrecords.com

condra

Post by condra » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:27 pm

aburgener wrote:So the thing to the left of the Machinedrum is a website that I frequent constantly while bored at work? You'd think I would have noticed it... :roll:

Thanks to lerky for actually answering.
Chillax dude, the Vintage synth website uses frames, so the correct URL is never displayed.

djc

Post by djc » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:57 pm

Will post new pictures of my studio when my room in the basement is finished!
http://www.youtube.com/djcoolssm
http://www.twitter.com/coolssm

Live 8, E-mu 1616m, Emu Px-7, Krk Rp-5's, Ventura guitar, Korg D1200, Emax keyboard, many plugins, intel quad core q6600 processor, WinXP Pro, 500b hd, and 2gb's of ram.

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:42 am

polyslax wrote:Finally getting things set up in my new space... still lotsa spaghetti to tidy, but here's what's goin on so far:

This needs some updating!

Image Image

duluxdog

Post by duluxdog » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:50 pm

Very nice. I have one of those big Kensington Expert mice too. It is taking way too long to get used to so I've just swapped back to using a normal mouse. I started using it after I woke up one morning with my arm twisted out of place and this shooting pain running right down the forearm and into my wrist. I thought it might be something like Carpal Tunnel so I read that trackballs were supposed to be better for your wrists. Anyway, the pain hasn't come back now that i'm using a mouse and i'm not really sure if it was just that i'd slept on the arm in an abnormal way or whether RSI/Carpal Tunnel were to blame. I work in an administration job which requires lots of repetitive actions. The trade off on speed was also a downside as I'm very slick working with a mouse, due to working to targets in my admin job.

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:42 pm

rob mikrob wrote:
aburgener wrote:cool stuff! i dig the yellow chair too 8)

the content behind the yellow chair... :lol:

I am a racing games fan.
noice
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

the ar

Post by the ar » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:25 pm

Loved the rob mikrob compact setup.
That cabinet is a touch of class, too. :D

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:36 pm

duluxdog wrote:I have one of those big Kensington Expert mice too. It is taking way too long to get used to so I've just swapped back to using a normal mouse. I started using it after I woke up one morning with my arm twisted out of place and this shooting pain running right down the forearm and into my wrist. I thought it might be something like Carpal Tunnel so I read that trackballs were supposed to be better for your wrists. Anyway, the pain hasn't come back now that i'm using a mouse and i'm not really sure if it was just that i'd slept on the arm in an abnormal way or whether RSI/Carpal Tunnel were to blame.
I've used trackballs forever, and got the ExpertMouse about a year ago. It caused me a bit of discomfort initialy, so I put a 1" x 1" wooden bead along the underside of the unit and the wrist pad along the left hand side. So now with the left edge raised an inch, the whole thing slopes down to the right. My wrist is no longer turned fully over trying to be flat... and it's very comfy.

silicon1138

Post by silicon1138 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:25 pm

Here's my setup from 2006 when i had dual 17" screens and a G5.
I've just got a 20" imac now, and don't miss the G5.

and here's what i used to use in the 90's - it's quite different!
Carl Finlow aka - Random Factor / Voice Stealer / Silicon Scally / Il.Ek.Tro / Scarletron...
OSX 10.13, Quad Core Mac Mini, Live 10 Suite.