Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
g1sh

Post by g1sh » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:30 pm

It'a a line to my label ;)

but seriously it's just something I like aestheticaly
planning to put one of my old shures into it and use it live. Just a prop for now ;)
[ ]

g1sh

Post by g1sh » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:34 pm

SubFunk wrote:
no worries... i am just sometimes a bit of a crazy weirdo... found that red one once on the street, it's an old school chair, loved it and picked it up. it was damn uncomfy, i never wanted to get rid of it, cause i thought it fitted the studio environment in a spiritual way, it reminded me of always being stupid and learning or being free like a child without boundaries and fears... but i had to, it was really unpleasant to sit on it for hours, now i have a super comfy modern office chair...
That's exactly how I feel about stuff (the "orange" phone for example was also found on the street somewhere)
Besides props like that can trick your mind into switching on that creative state ;)
[ ]

condra

Post by condra » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:51 am

I love it

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:55 am

SubFunk wrote:ok, sorry for the utterly poor quality, took those with phones.

i had a older setup in london, england, with tons of hardware, decks, subwoofer and the lot... but got rid of all the weight. and don't have any photo of that first setup :(

some stuff i sold along the way:
2x 1210 technics
1x ecler smac 32
1x akai mpc 2000xl fully loaded with effect bank and the whole lot
1x tascam cdr 700
1x tascam DA-20
1x korg guitar delay
1x dbx 160
1x mackie 1604 vlz
1x neutrik patchbay
some guitar effects (i don't play guitar at all)
a yamaha 10 band stereo EQ (forgot the model number)
2x BSS ID boxes

several small casio and toy synths, some of it (model numbers and such) i can't
even remember...

genelec 1029a plus sub got stolen :(

edit: just remember some more:
1x emagic amt8
1x tc elektronic m-one xl
1x a tb 303 clone 19" rack module made in bavaria, i remember...
1x korg... that controller / software bundle which looks like a ms-20, what was it's name?... the software is cool, but the controller sucked.
1x behringer BCR 2000

got, i need to remember... so much useless stuff, it all just started to eat dust, thanks god the times of hardware are over!

here is the older setup in bratislava, slovakia, after most was already reduced.

now i try to get as minimal as possible [new setup in berlin, germany], i still figure if i can't compress it even further, but now it's really hard to get rid of the last remaining hardware pieces...

the cables still need a tidy up and one more custom made holder is coming it's way to be integrated into the table for my old SU10 toy (it's an emotional keep, it was the first thing i ever bought for 'making' music) and some other bits and bobs.

me (older promo pic copyright by andrew hillard)

is that the IKEA desk with the movable shelves on the last two pictures? I forget the model name. Saw it the other day, and thought it might work nicely for studio purposes. You may have proven me right!

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:41 am

SubFunk wrote: some stuff i sold along the way:
That right there could be the title for a whole new thread... :wink:
God knows, my list would probably be about a page long.. :roll:
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:12 am

aqua_tek wrote:
is that the IKEA desk with the movable shelves on the last two pictures? I forget the model name. Saw it the other day, and thought it might work nicely for studio purposes. You may have proven me right!
hey, it's a simple ikea desk called 'fredrik' i actually wanted to get the 'jerker'
but ikea has discontinued it :(

it's cheap and serving me well... i just got some little additional custom made holders for the korgs and stuff made... also use a kitchen TV holder for the padKontrol...

we will see how long it's going to last, but the amounts of times i moved... i did not wanted invest into something crazy... who knows when i have enough of berlin again (clubland here is already pissing me off, there are a lot around, but all with shitty village quality, or is it the stiff no fun people!?!)... another reason i did stripped down my setup, so i can pack up and go again anytime... i am a gipsy by heart.
*** Image GAFM ***

UnderwaterSunlight

Post by UnderwaterSunlight » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:24 am

This is my setup...

The Adam speakers (P 22 A) sound excellent, logically due to what is fed into them. And that's the phat Reaktor 5 besides some freebies, mostly in our beloved Live.
Apple MacBook Air M2 (2022), 24 GB RAM, 1TB internal SSD, MacOS 12 Monterey (up-to-date), Ableton 11 Standard (up-to-date), NI Komplete 14, Steinberg UR22 mkII

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:26 am

g1sh wrote:
SubFunk wrote:
no worries... i am just sometimes a bit of a crazy weirdo... found that red one once on the street, it's an old school chair, loved it and picked it up. it was damn uncomfy, i never wanted to get rid of it, cause i thought it fitted the studio environment in a spiritual way, it reminded me of always being stupid and learning or being free like a child without boundaries and fears... but i had to, it was really unpleasant to sit on it for hours, now i have a super comfy modern office chair...
That's exactly how I feel about stuff (the "orange" phone for example was also found on the street somewhere)
Besides props like that can trick your mind into switching on that creative state ;)
i hear you, it's mainly about feelings and energy, concious states, etc...

:P
*** Image GAFM ***

madlab

Post by madlab » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:48 am

Human Koala wrote:Image

Focal Solo 6BE
Casio CZ 1000
Monomachine
Remote 61 SL
PadKontrol
FirePod
dsi Mopho and a lot of annoying noisy box :
yamaha vss 30
Cracklebox
Gakken SX 150
gameboys with nanoloop lsdj and gameboycamera

HK
Is the cracklebox the stuff from STEIM ? not found often in studios if tha's the case.
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission

Phrenetic

Post by Phrenetic » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:20 pm

My cozy setup

and the other side of the room

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:09 am

I'm packing up my studio tonight for a move on Saturday. Here it is:

There Scratch Live and Ableton sit, side by side, waiting to unite! Woo hoo!

Not pictured are my synths, guitars, Farfisa, drums, and other stuff like that. I'd take a picture but my place is all in a jumble of cardboard boxes and chaos.

I'm being forced to slim down my set-up a little bit because my new space will be a lot smaller. :( But, the way I'm dealing with it is by buying more gear! :D I like hardware, and want more of it, so I've been carefully putting together the ideal 16 space rack set-up. I'm really looking forward to setting up again and getting back to the music. And hopefully some beta testing as well.

Just to note, I'm aware that my Genelecs are too low. I'm kind of a girl when it come to looks, and I haven't found the right blocks to prop them up with yet. It's amazingly difficult to find two minimal heavy square blocks in either black or white.

funkyfat

Post by funkyfat » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:50 am

How do you post a photo?

g1sh

Post by g1sh » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:51 am

Upload it somewhere and use the IMG tag while posting, putting the link to the picture in the tag. Basically ;)
[ ]

8O

Post by 8O » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:53 am

funkyfat wrote:How do you post a photo?
Upload it to a photo hosting site like photobucket, flickr, etc and then copy the image URL to the image tag in a forum post. Right-click on previous images here to see where people have hosted their photos...

serge_a_storms

Post by serge_a_storms » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:55 am

This my small and compact set up. :D