Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
micah frank
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:50 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Contact:

Re: Post your set up and your ugly cat...

Post by micah frank » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:23 pm

Image

Swapped the KRKs out for some 0300s and more modular stuff, but besides that it's the same. Carpet needs a vacuuming though.

Oh, and my cat

Image

nuxnamon
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: 650 area

Re: Post your set up and your ugly cat...

Post by nuxnamon » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:36 pm

micah frank wrote:Image

Swapped the KRKs out for some 0300s and more modular stuff, but besides that it's the same. Carpet needs a vacuuming though.

Oh, and my cat

Image
from KRK's to 0300's?? isn't that like going from a honda to a porsche.. was there a big difference in how your mixes translated? Someday I will own a pair..
Image

micah frank
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:50 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Contact:

Re: Post your set up and your ugly cat...

Post by micah frank » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:03 pm

nuxnamon wrote: from KRK's to 0300's?? isn't that like going from a honda to a porsche.. was there a big difference in how your mixes translated? Someday I will own a pair..
It's more like going from sliced swiss to Gruyère. Or Heineken to Leffe. As far as monitors go, these aren't even that "high end" and I can still detect nulls in the freq response. However, they are A LOT less hyped and smoother than the KRKs. I had them set up simultaneously for a while and the KRKs just started sounding really harsh once I got adjusted to the o300s. Def a worthwhile investment, but I think my room is still too small to get the most out of them.

I haven't upgraded the cat yet (the orange one, not the drumKat). The model you see there is the dumb-605. He has a special antenna that emits tri-diode UHF plasma signals for enhancing the dilemma factor. Oldie but goodie.

nuxnamon
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: 650 area

Re: Post your set up and your ugly cat...

Post by nuxnamon » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:05 pm

micah frank wrote:
nuxnamon wrote: from KRK's to 0300's?? isn't that like going from a honda to a porsche.. was there a big difference in how your mixes translated? Someday I will own a pair..
It's more like going from sliced swiss to Gruyère. Or Heineken to Leffe. As far as monitors go, these aren't even that "high end" and I can still detect nulls in the freq response. However, they are A LOT less hyped and smoother than the KRKs. I had them set up simultaneously for a while and the KRKs just started sounding really harsh once I got adjusted to the o300s. Def a worthwhile investment, but I think my room is still too small to get the most out of them.

I haven't upgraded the cat yet (the orange one, not the drumKat). The model you see there is the dumb-605. He has a special antenna that emits tri-diode UHF plasma signals for enhancing the dilemma factor. Oldie but goodie.
lol.. it's clear your probably on a whole different tax bracket as I have no clue what or how to even say Gruyere or Leffe. :mrgreen: I've heard the 0300D's and I thought they were the best things I've ever heard, but I am only basing it on the monitors i've experienced which are KRK, Mackie, NHT, and Adams.. what exactly is "high end" for you? Focals SM11? continue your success BTW on your company..

4.33
Posts: 1198
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:49 pm
Location: Moscow

Re: Post your set up and your ugly cat...

Post by 4.33 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:13 am

@sunaivod, how does this line6 interface work for you? i plan to get one for gigging, is it stable?

Raychem
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:26 am
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Post your set up and your ugly cat...

Post by Raychem » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:57 am

Finally finished building my new desk!

Image

pepezabala
Posts: 3498
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: In Berlin, finally

Re: Post your set up and your ugly cat...

Post by pepezabala » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:14 pm

sublimelobc wrote: Pepe- Great setup! I enjoyed your sounds that were on Puremagnetik a while back, great work...thanks for sharing! My sister in law will be arriving in Barcelona later today, staying for a week...she is studying in London and has some vacation and will be staying the week with some friends of hers living in Barcelona. She is a huge music fan, do you have anywhere I might recommend her to visit while she's there?

By the way, I love Barcelona....the architecture, the history of it's urban planning, the beautiful people you see walking la rambla! Your studio space location sounds prime. Peace!
hi! thank you! sorry for answering late, I was out.

If your sister likes electronic music I would send her to the moog club or to the macarena, both in the city center, close to the ramblas. for a huge club with several floors there is the razzmatazz, that's a bit out of the center. Nice places to hang around and meet people are the Miscelanea and the maumau undergound (center) and the NIU (poble nou neighbourhood).

I am not sure if there is anything special going on next week.

bvl
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 2:21 am
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Contact:

Re: Post your set up and your ugly cat...

Post by bvl » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:22 am

Here's my studio after a recent cleanup and reorganization. Loving the fact that I only have what I actually will use, instead of all the junk that had accumulated!

Image

Image

aizo
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:00 am
Location: Osaka

Re: Post your set up and your ugly cat...

Post by aizo » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:45 am

I'm jealous of all that space there bvl!!!

Here's my lil corner:
Image

a closer look:

Image

my poor drums that live in my garage for just a little longer(they're in boxes now):

Image
ImageImage

BinaryB
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:04 am
Location: Sydney / SanFrancisco

Re: Post your set up and your ugly cat...

Post by BinaryB » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:23 am

bvl wrote:Here's my studio after a recent cleanup and reorganization. Loving the fact that I only have what I actually will use, instead of all the junk that had accumulated!
How is the griffin Powermate ?
Can you use it like novations speed dial?
That is ... hover mouse over a vst/control and use the knob ?

Or how do you use it ?

Cheers
B
Live8 & Serato
Download NYE'08 DJset

logic_user99
Posts: 1965
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:58 pm
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: Post your set up and your ugly cat...

Post by logic_user99 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:23 am

Still loving them tubs, azio! And, after looking at the APC set up (giving it a bit of context) I have noted that it is HUGE! Thought it was much smaller than that...
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

sunaivod
Posts: 541
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:01 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Post your set up and your ugly cat...

Post by sunaivod » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:36 am

aizo wrote:
Image
Damn, the apc40 Looks big on this pic, or am I the only one?

kaffein
Posts: 1195
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact:

Re: Post your set up and your ugly cat...

Post by kaffein » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:22 pm

sunaivod wrote:
aizo wrote:
Image
Damn, the apc40 Looks big on this pic, or am I the only one?
It's because he sits on the floor. :)

bosonHavoc
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:34 am
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: Post your set up and your ugly cat...

Post by bosonHavoc » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:38 pm

or maybe he is a hobbit

djgroovy
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:15 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Post your set up and your ugly cat...

Post by djgroovy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:47 pm

sunaivod wrote:
aizo wrote:
Image
Damn, the apc40 Looks big on this pic, or am I the only one?
Was gonna say the same thing!

Post Reply