A fun little jam I just had......

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
smutek

A fun little jam I just had......

Post by smutek » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:25 am

A fun little jam I just had.

Check it out if you'd like.

Mr. Gummy Bear

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:45 pm

Nice work Smutek. The panning is very effective in giving the track some dimension. Good job also on making the drums complex without turning into a minefield of random beats. Phat Youngin was good. Did you use ring mod or freeze a flange on the drums? The bass had a really good sound but I was wishing it would change a little everynow and then, but that is the nature of Hiphop so oh well. The vocal sample and drum programing make up for the repetetiveness of the bass line though. I'm still in the newbie stages music production, which means my tracks are utter crap. I'll post a link if u are interested.

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:58 pm

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:34 pm

Hey Suburban, thanks for listening and def thanks for the compliments!

Phat Youngin was done with reason and has a filter between the mixer and the master out.

Your stuff is tight, don't sell yourself short dude - you remind me of myself with that "I sound like crap" stuff!

I especially like the breaks track. Nice evil sound - I'm interested in hearing the final product! I detected a plastikman influence in Heavily Medicated......... am I right?

Jimmy

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:16 am

Thanks Smutek, and yes I LOVE Plastikman, best 101,303,808,909 tweaker alive. Consumed is my favorite album, whats yours? All of those songs/noise collages were done with reaktor3 and acid3. Now that I have a proper sequencer (live4) I feel much more confident in my song writing ability. Learning new software and trying to write a song is a bitch but fun at the same time :?