Do I have to install Live packs one by one?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Krisser

Do I have to install Live packs one by one?

Post by Krisser » Tue May 19, 2009 7:20 pm

Hey ho!

I've just installed Live 7 Suite, and am in the middle of the painfully slow process of installing the EIC and drum Live Packs. It seems the only way to do it is to drag them from the DVD one by one into Live - and that there is no way of dragging across multiple files. There are dozens of files and it's taking me hours!

Am i doing something wrong? Help would be appreciated...

Thanks!

ark

Re: Do I have to install Live packs one by one?

Post by ark » Tue May 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Why do you think there is no way of dragging multiple files? At least on Windows, you do it the same way you drag multiple files anywhere: Click the first one, then shift-click each of the others, dragging the last one to the Live window.

Or if you just want to install all of the files in a folder, typing control-A in the folder will select them all and then you can drag them.

I imagine there's a way to do something similar on a Mac.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue May 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Took me almost a day to rebuild my library with Live8

Krisser

Post by Krisser » Tue May 19, 2009 8:05 pm

nebulae wrote:Took me almost a day to rebuild my library with Live8
Ark's right (thanks Ark for the tip)- control A selects all the Live Pack files, and you just drag the last one over to Live and you sit back and wait for Live to do the rest. Still looks like it's going to take a long time though...

Big Yunus

Post by Big Yunus » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:43 am

Why in the world we can't install multiple packs anymore? It get's confusing, I have over 100's of them and it's super tedious!!! Never expected such lameness from ableton...

Big Yunus

Post by Big Yunus » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:47 am

ark wrote:Why do you think there is no way of dragging multiple files? At least on Windows, you do it the same way you drag multiple files anywhere: Click the first one, then shift-click each of the others, dragging the last one to the Live window.

Or if you just want to install all of the files in a folder, typing control-A in the folder will select them all and then you can drag them.

I imagine there's a way to do something similar on a Mac.

It doesn't work that way anymore, you can't neither drag and drop all the .alp's, nor CTRL+a to select all the packs in the folder when installing. Only one by one... Ableton's becoming lame

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:31 pm

In Live 10, under Packs, you should be able to install multiple packs from within the Browser by selecting and downloading and installing Available Packs.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:35 pm

Big Yunus wrote:It doesn't work that way anymore, you can't neither drag and drop all the .alp's, nor CTRL+a to select all the packs in the folder when installing. Only one by one... Ableton's becoming lame
I just tested this with Live 10.0.3beta and High Sierra and it still works fine.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:46 pm

^ erik, he's on a PC, so drag-n-drop may be different. But in the Browser, it should be doable on both platforms. Having said that, if PC drag-n-drop doesn't work like it used to, that should be a suggestion made to the devs.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:50 pm

It should still work like that on PC too, so yes if that's not working best to contact support@ableton.com and let them know.