American Idol Upset

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
the_antagonist

Re: American Idol Upset

Post by the_antagonist » Thu May 21, 2009 8:42 am

oh sorry. in the uk we are on "uk got tallent", Is what i fot we were talking about.

yeh we don't watch that idol shit round here. its for the women.

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Thu May 21, 2009 8:59 am

the_antagonist wrote:not quite.... wifes put the program on the tele. husbands slowly move away from their computers towards the tele
my partner puts Idol on the Tele, and i move closer to my Tele. (Telecaster that is!)
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu May 21, 2009 11:33 am

that's an accurate assessment...it's all Mrs. Neb's fault. Of course, she's sucked in mini-Neb too, so now I'm the schmuck if I don't watch...freakin' peer pressure from the evil family. Why me? WHY!?!!??!
Image Image Image Image

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Thu May 21, 2009 11:40 am

liveISlife wrote:Damit dude, save yourself now and stop watching that shit! Just turn the TV off and go count your ass hairs or something.
Smooth as the bonnet of a porsche.

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Thu May 21, 2009 11:46 am

nebulae wrote:that's an accurate assessment...it's all Mrs. Neb's fault. Of course, she's sucked in mini-Neb too, so now I'm the schmuck if I don't watch...freakin' peer pressure from the evil family. Why me? WHY!?!!??!
Because the universe wants you to enter this competition and win it. Go for it. You are the chosen one.

cosmosuave

Post by cosmosuave » Thu May 21, 2009 1:24 pm

MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu May 21, 2009 2:01 pm

Ohhh. :oops:

Well lads, it took some courage on my part to admit that I watch American Idol let me tell you. I know just how Manly all of you are, but know that I've fully embraced my feminine side and feel only a tinge of shame. I shall immediately run out and kill an elk with my bare hands and leave it's corpse to rot - smearing it's blood on my face for good measure. :P

:lol:

Shit. I missed Dancing with the Stars. Does anyone know who won? :evil:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu May 21, 2009 2:24 pm

nebulae wrote:that's an accurate assessment...it's all Mrs. Neb's fault. Of course, she's sucked in mini-Neb too, so now I'm the schmuck if I don't watch...freakin' peer pressure from the evil family. Why me? WHY!?!!??!

neb: Most amazing bit of backpedaling EVER. lol.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu May 21, 2009 2:36 pm

Meh. Backpeddling 101 is a required course in the first year of law school.
Image Image Image Image

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Thu May 21, 2009 2:42 pm

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the hippest of them all?

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Thu May 21, 2009 3:26 pm

nebulae wrote:...or no upset at all...once again, the American public has no clue about real talent...well played. Idiots.

Ha. I voted for Allen. I believe Glambert had more vocal talent, but the dude can't help himself from going too far. Every. Time.

He made a fan of me with Tracks of my Tears. He lost me the following week.

I heard a quote once: "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Thu May 21, 2009 3:28 pm

nebulae wrote:...or no upset at all...once again, the American public has no clue about real talent...well played. Idiots.
I must have missed something. Where was the talent you were talking about?
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Thu May 21, 2009 3:38 pm

I'll admit.. I watch Idol and I'm disappointed that Adam lost. He is an amazing singer/performer. I will also say that Kris is a decent artist and has a good voice. But I think this one came down to the gay issue, which is pathetic if that's the case. It's a singing competition and it's clear who has more talent in that sense. I could actually see Adam touring with Queen after last night's show. He would make a great lead singer for a band like that. Not that he's as good as Freddie Mercury, but he has a very similar performance style and can wail. He's very flamboyant and yes, he's gay too!

I really think America got this wrong and now my girlfriend is threatening not to watch Idol anymore.

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Thu May 21, 2009 3:41 pm

sparklepuff wrote:
I must have missed something. Where was the talent you were talking about?
No kidding. If you guys are so into this show, you should start hanging out in kareoke bars where they take the singing seriously (no I'm Too Sexy For My Shirt). You'll be blown away! You should book some wedding bands to play covers for you and blow you away with their talent. There are bars in Hoboken where cover bands play cover songs all night long and it's free and their talent will apparently blow you away.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu May 21, 2009 4:02 pm

Lambert doesn't have talent? How do you define 'talent'? Dude's got a killer voice. He's got vocal and arrangement chops. He's got the entertainment factor down. He's the only mofo I've seen on that show who could actually go on to be a pretty creative artist. meh. In fact, fuck yeah on the Queen gig. Sorry, but that guy could do Freddie proud.

It's always funny when the discussion turns to pop music on this forum. It's offered up as the lowest form of music possible, while the DJ/dance/scratching stuff is elevated to Everest heights. Fail.

99% of you on this forum should simply never comment on pop music. Ever. :wink: