Music you hate...... And why?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
H20nly

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by H20nly » Fri May 22, 2009 4:15 pm

I've got someting for you, then!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKywmELG690

I hate THAT. Holy shit that was one of the lamest things I've only listed to half of in long time...

mike_o

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Gargoyle wrote:
mike_o wrote:I hate hip hop and rap music the most, and I hate the people who listen to it more.

I also hate anyone who claims that Rap and Hip Hop are different styles of music - FUCK YOU -
rap being the thug stuff and hip hop being everything else - allegedly - fuck them again.

I hate the fact that when I meet someone whos into rap and they find out I produce breaks and DnB and always say "you should make hip hop beats man, that would be so much better" as if I really wanna lower the bar on myself.

I always meet these dumb little fuckers who say "I dont know how to do that but you can produce it for me right", when I never offered a fucking thing.

I hate rap people who tell me their a producer, then I ask what system they use, then they say "an MPC, it does it all man, everything"
*note - MPC's are OK, but if you think it does "everything" you expose your own stupidity and or producer poser status.

I hate the marketing of stupidity and low class degenerate behavior as the end all be all of cool things in rap music.

I also hate piano driven house music, but not nearly as much.
check out this guys myspace page influences half of them are directly inspired by hiphop and rap music and the other half directly use samples from hiphop music in their own music. All I can say is what a twat, grow up boy.
and that is coming from a gargoyle.

yes hip hop has had an influence across all styles of music, I never discredited that, I just cant stand it direcly, all the N word this and that, people rhyming a word with the same word 2 words later, rapping about cheap plastic everything in their lives, rented bling in videos etc...

now if you like hip hop thats fine, this is a thread about music we hate, I hate RAP bitches, if my hatred of rap got you that upset to start throwing out twat and what not it just makes me laugh at the thought of you actually caring if I hate it, I dont give a fuck what you love or hate.

you can like Black Sabbath but still hate the Beatles or Elvis, just because they paved the way through music history and influenced sabbath doesn't mean that I need to love them to love Sabbath.

same with the hip hop influence in electronic music, I love scratching, but thats about it, the slow ass beats, generic rythmes, sampled and resampled production just don't do it for me.
Last edited by mike_o on Fri May 22, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike_o

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Gab wrote:
mike_o wrote:I also hate piano driven house music, but not nearly as much.
I've got someting for you, then!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKywmELG690

thats pretty brutal man, really brutal.

Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle » Fri May 22, 2009 4:27 pm

mike_o wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:
mike_o wrote:I hate hip hop and rap music the most, and I hate the people who listen to it more.

I also hate anyone who claims that Rap and Hip Hop are different styles of music - FUCK YOU -
rap being the thug stuff and hip hop being everything else - allegedly - fuck them again.

I hate the fact that when I meet someone whos into rap and they find out I produce breaks and DnB and always say "you should make hip hop beats man, that would be so much better" as if I really wanna lower the bar on myself.

I always meet these dumb little fuckers who say "I dont know how to do that but you can produce it for me right", when I never offered a fucking thing.

I hate rap people who tell me their a producer, then I ask what system they use, then they say "an MPC, it does it all man, everything"
*note - MPC's are OK, but if you think it does "everything" you expose your own stupidity and or producer poser status.

I hate the marketing of stupidity and low class degenerate behavior as the end all be all of cool things in rap music.

I also hate piano driven house music, but not nearly as much.
check out this guys myspace page influences half of them are directly inspired by hiphop and rap music and the other half directly use samples from hiphop music in their own music. All I can say is what a twat, grow up boy.
and that is coming from a gargoyle.

yes hip hop has had an influence across all styles of music, I never discredited that, I just cant stand it direcly, all the N word this and that, people rhyming a word with the same word 2 words later, rapping about cheap plastic everything in their lives, rented bling in videos etc...

now if you like hip hop thats fine, this is a thread about music we hate, I hate RAP bitches, if my hatred of rap got you that upset to start throwing out twat and what not it just makes me laugh at the thought of you actually caring if I hate it, I dont give a fuck what you love or hate.

you can like Black Sabbath but still hate the Beatles or Elvis, just because they paved the way through music history and influenced sabbath doesn't mean that I need to love them to love Sabbath.

same with the hip hop influence in electronic music, I love scratching, but thats about it, the slow ass beats, generic rythmes, sampled and resampled production just don't do it for me.

I can't even debate you you don't know what you're talking about.
the Gargoyle

mike_o

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 4:32 pm

Gargoyle wrote:I can't even debate you you don't know what you're talking about.
you cant debate me on this because I dont know what I'm talking about, then enlighten me sifu, please.

Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle » Fri May 22, 2009 4:36 pm

you better run and go change your myspace influences before everybody finds out how much you don't know, do it now.
a gargoyle told you so.
the Gargoyle

mike_o

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 4:39 pm

Gargoyle wrote:you better run and go change your myspace influences before everybody finds out how much you don't know, do it now.
a gargoyle told you so.

OK statue boy, sure thing. why arent you enlightening me with all your musical knowledge, as I said, you dont need to love the past to love the present that was influenced by that past, does that simplify it for you?

Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle » Fri May 22, 2009 4:44 pm

I'll give you a hint to get you started on your musical journey. the line that you drew between the beatles and sabbath is much much much longer than the line between hiphop and your influences and even yourself. now quickly go change that damn myspace page before someone finds out. don't walk run.
the Gargoyle

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Fri May 22, 2009 4:45 pm

judging people based on their musical tastes is going to replace Religious and Racial bigotry.

mike_o

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Gargoyle wrote:I'll give you a hint to get you started on your musical journey. the line that you drew between the beatles and sabbath is much much much longer than the line between hiphop and your influences and even yourself. now quickly go change that damn myspace page before someone finds out. don't walk run.
no it is not that far off, its the exact same, one musician listens to another, takes influence from their sound, adapts it into their own sound, makes their own music, others listen and the cycle repeats.

what about that do you not understand?

mike_o

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Aequitas123 wrote:judging people based on their musical tastes is going to replace Religious and Racial bigotry.
I thought it already had.

-just joking for the sensitive types-

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri May 22, 2009 4:53 pm

mike_o wrote:the MC's and wanna be hip hop producers are ALWAYS the ones who very arrogantly say "you can just do it for me" which is fucking lazy and insulting, as you say in hip hop thats a starting point, in life thats being a lazy hack.
While I can see what you're saying, the key words are "wanna be". Everybody wants a fucking break. The difference is that most bands and groups that have a set want to step off stage and get offered one. Least some of these "ignorant" hip hop assholes have the balls to ask.

I think you are "ALWAYS" getting asked to help build a set. Thats called networking and credit/props. Fuck dude just tell em you don't work for free. There goes half of them. Say cool, we can work together $500.00 a beat. What's the worst that can happen -
the guy goes away, you make 500 bucks for your "talent and the work ethic" and/or get a bunch of phone calls to make more music/money?

mike_o wrote:"but I can tell you've got your face either stuck so far in your own shit or up your own ass that you think every kid who wants a beat is on your nuts" - and how exactly can you tell that? this is typical of hip hop ignorance.
Well here's one way I can tell...
mike_o wrote:where my heads at, its in my headphones making my own music because I have the talent and the work ethic to do it without begging someone else to create it for me.
Maybe some of them are simply asking to do it with you. Besides, what do you expect in L.A.?

I guess it just boils down to this... I realized after reading your post that the genre I hate most - is cocky assholes.

Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle » Fri May 22, 2009 4:55 pm

mike_o wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:I'll give you a hint to get you started on your musical journey. the line that you drew between the beatles and sabbath is much much much longer than the line between hiphop and your influences and even yourself. now quickly go change that damn myspace page before someone finds out. don't walk run.
no it is not that far off, its the exact same, one musician listens to another, takes influence from their sound, adapts it into their own sound, makes their own music, others listen and the cycle repeats.

what about that do you not understand?

listen my young baby human orphan dissolusioned adollescent friend, many of your influences sample hiphop as a basis for their music, you probably do yourself, in other words you're full of self hatred. now run to the doctor do not skip and get that checked out and tell them.
a gargoyle told you so
the Gargoyle

mike_o

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 4:58 pm

why am I a cocky asshole, because I believe in do it yourself and follow through on your own ambitions?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri May 22, 2009 4:58 pm

mike_o wrote:"Well I don't hate you, but you do sound like a bit of an asshole." this part you are somewhat correct about, but I'm only an asshole through honesty, which I believe is the best kind of asshole to be.
+1
True and at least you'll admit it