Music you hate...... And why?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
mike_o
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:07 am
Location: Martinez

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 5:00 pm

Gargoyle wrote:
mike_o wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:I'll give you a hint to get you started on your musical journey. the line that you drew between the beatles and sabbath is much much much longer than the line between hiphop and your influences and even yourself. now quickly go change that damn myspace page before someone finds out. don't walk run.
no it is not that far off, its the exact same, one musician listens to another, takes influence from their sound, adapts it into their own sound, makes their own music, others listen and the cycle repeats.

what about that do you not understand?

listen my young baby human orphan dissolusioned adollescent friend, many of your influences sample hiphop as a basis for their music, you probably do yourself, in other words you're full of self hatred. now run to the doctor do not skip and get that checked out and tell them.
a gargoyle told you so

wow Dr.Phil, you know me so well.

Gargoyle
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:08 am

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by Gargoyle » Fri May 22, 2009 5:03 pm

mike_o wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:
mike_o wrote:
listen my young baby human orphan dissolusioned adollescent friend, many of your influences sample hiphop as a basis for their music, you probably do yourself, in other words you're full of self hatred. now run to the doctor do not skip and get that checked out and tell them.
a gargoyle told you so

wow Dr.Phil, you know me so well.

only who you pretend to be. a hater of ones self. save yourself the strife and wikipedia all of your influences, spend the day with a mirror, some history and a cup of tea it'll do ya good.
the Gargoyle

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by H20nly » Fri May 22, 2009 5:03 pm

mike_o wrote:why am I a cocky asshole, because I believe in do it yourself and follow through on your own ambitions?
If thats all it takes we're all cocky assholes.

No YOU are a cocky asshole because you can't recognize the hint of a compliment while at the same time talk a bunch of shit about your "talent". Your talent should be pointed out to you by others not self proclaimed. Your the type of cat that would hate his own fans if he was to actually become famous. Like the asshole DJ who pushes people in the face because they're too close to his decks just trying to get a look at him.

mike_o
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:07 am
Location: Martinez

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 5:04 pm

I think you are "ALWAYS" getting asked to help build a set. Thats called networking and credit/props. Fuck dude just tell em you don't work for free. There goes half of them. Say cool, we can work together $500.00 a beat. What's the worst that can happen -
the guy goes away, you make 500 bucks for your "talent and the work ethic" and/or get a bunch of phone calls to make more music/money?

if it only worked that way man, this approach has led to some of the nastiest arguments I've ever had in music, but thats life.

mike_o wrote:"but I can tell you've got your face either stuck so far in your own shit or up your own ass that you think every kid who wants a beat is on your nuts" - and how exactly can you tell that? this is typical of hip hop ignorance.
Well here's one way I can tell...
mike_o wrote:where my heads at, its in my headphones making my own music because I have the talent and the work ethic to do it without begging someone else to create it for me.
Maybe some of them are simply asking to do it with you. Besides, what do you expect in L.A.?

I guess it just boils down to this... I realized after reading your post that the genre I hate most - is cocky assholes.[/quote]

the genre I hate most is insecure asshats who get bent out of shape because I donyt like hip hop, but love electronics.

Gargoyle
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:08 am

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by Gargoyle » Fri May 22, 2009 5:11 pm

these are you myspace influences

Uberzone, Snake River Conspiracy, Machine Head, Rob Dugan, Meg Lee Chin, A perfect Circle, Tool, BT, Cold, The Crystal Method, DJ Punk Roc, Velvet Acid Christ, Deftones, DJ Tolgar, DJ Rap, Drain STH, Guano Apes, Joe Satriani, Infectuous Grooves, Kosheen, Lily Hayden, Linkin Park, M.I.A., Massive Attack, Virgos Merlot, U2, U.N.K.L.E., Stevie Nicks, Smoke City, Slipknot, Sara Mclaughlan, The Prodigy, Plump Dj's, DJ's Digital, High Eight, Aaron Jae, Omar Santana(his old break stuff only), Nine Inch Nails, Pantera, simply jeff

trust me you love hiphop. you're old enough now it's time to find out who your real parents are.
the Gargoyle

mike_o
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:07 am
Location: Martinez

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 5:14 pm

H20nly wrote:
mike_o wrote:why am I a cocky asshole, because I believe in do it yourself and follow through on your own ambitions?
If thats all it takes we're all cocky assholes.

No YOU are a cocky asshole because you can't recognize the hint of a compliment while at the same time talk a bunch of shit about your "talent". Your talent should be pointed out to you by others not self proclaimed. Your the type of cat that would hate his own fans if he was to actually become famous. Like the asshole DJ who pushes people in the face because they're too close to his decks just trying to get a look at him.
you got me more wrong than you will ever know man. I never spout off about myself in life, my reference to my talent wasn't saying anything about being better or worse than anyone else, it was just a reference regarding me working the hardest I can to make the most of what I have, as thats all I've got in life, when someone asks me to do something for them and their not willing to work as hard or as long as I am, then I'm not helping, I'm being used, there is a difference.

mike_o
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:07 am
Location: Martinez

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 5:15 pm

Gargoyle wrote:these are you myspace influences

Uberzone, Snake River Conspiracy, Machine Head, Rob Dugan, Meg Lee Chin, A perfect Circle, Tool, BT, Cold, The Crystal Method, DJ Punk Roc, Velvet Acid Christ, Deftones, DJ Tolgar, DJ Rap, Drain STH, Guano Apes, Joe Satriani, Infectuous Grooves, Kosheen, Lily Hayden, Linkin Park, M.I.A., Massive Attack, Virgos Merlot, U2, U.N.K.L.E., Stevie Nicks, Smoke City, Slipknot, Sara Mclaughlan, The Prodigy, Plump Dj's, DJ's Digital, High Eight, Aaron Jae, Omar Santana(his old break stuff only), Nine Inch Nails, Pantera, simply jeff

trust me you love hiphop. you're old enough now it's time to find out who your real parents are.

which one of those groups makes hip hop?

and thanks for visiting my myspace page man!!! (sorry dude I couldn't help it)
Last edited by mike_o on Fri May 22, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by H20nly » Fri May 22, 2009 5:16 pm

mike_o wrote:the genre I hate most is insecure asshats who get bent out of shape because I donyt like hip hop, but love electronics.
I don't give a shit if you like hip hop or not.... remember this?
mike_o wrote:I hate hip hop and rap music the most, and I hate the people who listen to it more.
Khazul wrote:Loathe R&B, Hip Hop, RAP etc
Notice how Khazul just mentioned he doesn't like it. He didn't try and take down half of this forum with his comment
Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one. Assholes are assholes Asshole.

mike_o
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:07 am
Location: Martinez

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 5:19 pm

H20nly wrote:
mike_o wrote:the genre I hate most is insecure asshats who get bent out of shape because I donyt like hip hop, but love electronics.
I don't give a shit if you like hip hop or not.... remember this?
mike_o wrote:I hate hip hop and rap music the most, and I hate the people who listen to it more.
Khazul wrote:Loathe R&B, Hip Hop, RAP etc
Notice how Khazul just mentioned he doesn't like it. He didn't try and take down half of this forum with his comment
Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one. Assholes are assholes Asshole.

true, I deserve a little heat from the generalized comment on the listener side, but they always just want to sample everything rather than create something new in my experience, thats local rappers and not listeners I should have been more precise.

Gargoyle
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:08 am

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by Gargoyle » Fri May 22, 2009 5:22 pm

mike_o wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:these are you myspace influences

Uberzone, Snake River Conspiracy, Machine Head, Rob Dugan, Meg Lee Chin, A perfect Circle, Tool, BT, Cold, The Crystal Method, DJ Punk Roc, Velvet Acid Christ, Deftones, DJ Tolgar, DJ Rap, Drain STH, Guano Apes, Joe Satriani, Infectuous Grooves, Kosheen, Lily Hayden, Linkin Park, M.I.A., Massive Attack, Virgos Merlot, U2, U.N.K.L.E., Stevie Nicks, Smoke City, Slipknot, Sara Mclaughlan, The Prodigy, Plump Dj's, DJ's Digital, High Eight, Aaron Jae, Omar Santana(his old break stuff only), Nine Inch Nails, Pantera, simply jeff

trust me you love hiphop. you're old enough now it's time to find out who your real parents are.

which one of those groups makes hip hop?

I really wished you had not asked That Question, there is nothing more to say now have a nice day.
Last edited by Gargoyle on Fri May 22, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the Gargoyle

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by beats me » Fri May 22, 2009 5:23 pm

the_antagonist wrote:its not the music i hate its the people who listen to the music I hate that I hate.
I think the fans account for about 80% of the music we hate. The other 20% is in fact pure shit musically.

I also don't subscribe to the "but they're awesome live!" philosophy. If I can't stand listening to them at home why the fuck would I go see them live.

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by H20nly » Fri May 22, 2009 5:25 pm

mike_o wrote:it was just a reference regarding me working the hardest I can to make the most of what I have, as thats all I've got in life, when someone asks me to do something for them and their not willing to work as hard or as long as I am, then I'm not helping, I'm being used, there is a difference.
No there is a statement I can dig. +1

I know how that feels but even though I rhyme (rap) and make hip-hop style beats I use guitars/guitar players, bass/bass players, and other genre style vocals for hooks and even verses. I've never had a rapper try and use me... maybe thats just because I'm buried in my own personal underground, but those guitar playing vocalists and bass players have pushed me to using riff loops and playing my own basslines. They have tried to use me to do all the hard work (which is mixing/production) but i don't hate rock, alternative rock, or punk music and its listeners because of it.

mike_o
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:07 am
Location: Martinez

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 5:26 pm

Gargoyle wrote:
mike_o wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:these are you myspace influences

Uberzone, Snake River Conspiracy, Machine Head, Rob Dugan, Meg Lee Chin, A perfect Circle, Tool, BT, Cold, The Crystal Method, DJ Punk Roc, Velvet Acid Christ, Deftones, DJ Tolgar, DJ Rap, Drain STH, Guano Apes, Joe Satriani, Infectuous Grooves, Kosheen, Lily Hayden, Linkin Park, M.I.A., Massive Attack, Virgos Merlot, U2, U.N.K.L.E., Stevie Nicks, Smoke City, Slipknot, Sara Mclaughlan, The Prodigy, Plump Dj's, DJ's Digital, High Eight, Aaron Jae, Omar Santana(his old break stuff only), Nine Inch Nails, Pantera, simply jeff

trust me you love hiphop. you're old enough now it's time to find out who your real parents are.

which one of those groups makes hip hop?

I really wished you had not asked that question, there is nothing more to say now have a nice day.

you got me on MIA and unkle, but I pretty much stopped listening to both of them a few years ago, but they are groups I listened to heavily for a short while a few years back.

mike_o
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:07 am
Location: Martinez

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 5:30 pm

H20nly wrote:
mike_o wrote:it was just a reference regarding me working the hardest I can to make the most of what I have, as thats all I've got in life, when someone asks me to do something for them and their not willing to work as hard or as long as I am, then I'm not helping, I'm being used, there is a difference.
No there is a statement I can dig. +1

I know how that feels but even though I rhyme (rap) and make hip-hop style beats I use guitars/guitar players, bass/bass players, and other genre style vocals for hooks and even verses. I've never had a rapper try and use me... maybe thats just because I'm buried in my own personal underground, but those guitar playing vocalists and bass players have pushed me to using riff loops and playing my own basslines. They have tried to use me to do all the hard work (which is mixing/production) but i don't hate rock, alternative rock, or punk music and its listeners because of it.

I am not a hip hop fan to begin with, I'm all abot electro breaks and DnB, what you experience with the rock guys, is what I get with MC's and DJ's who "want" to produce, not really liking the music + being disrespected for my work by many many people in that genre, and now I just hate it, sorry man nothing personal intended here, but I hate it.

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by H20nly » Fri May 22, 2009 5:31 pm

mike_o wrote:true, I deserve a little heat from the generalized comment on the listener side, but they always just want to sample everything rather than create something new in my experience, thats local rappers and not listeners I should have been more precise.
I use NO samples other than what came with the Ableton Suite, FL studio, keyboards, sample packs, or live samples (cuts and loops) of people that played the music in my studio. My beats are original hand made with a mouse, a key, or a drum pad one note/sound at a time.

I'm not the only one.

Post Reply