Music you hate...... And why?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
mike_o

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 7:13 pm

starving student wrote:ummm hi just stopped by to say you guys had better stop all of this hate crap before John Gordon sees it and opens up a can of whoop as on all a yous turtles, and to the kid that thinks mia and uncle are the only hiphop related influences in his list OMG!!!! that is all.

speak up then

Uberzone(breakbeat), Snake River Conspiracy(rock industrial), Machine Head(metal), Rob Dugan(breaks), Meg Lee Chin(breaks), A perfect Circle(rock), Tool(metal), BT(electronic), Cold(rock), The Crystal Method(breaks), DJ Punk Roc(breaks), Velvet Acid Christ(industrial), Deftones(rock), DJ Tolgar(Breaks), DJ Rap(DnB/breaks), Drain STH(rock), Guano Apes(rock), Joe Satriani(rock), Infectuous Grooves(rock/punk), Kosheen(breaks/DnB), Lily Hayden(electronic), Linkin Park(Rock), M.I.A.(hip hop), Massive Attack(hip hop), Virgos Merlot(rock), U2(rock), U.N.K.L.E.(hip hop), Stevie Nicks(rock), Smoke City(ethnic/brazilian), Slipknot(metal), Sara Mclaughlan(folk-kinda), The Prodigy(breaks), Plump Dj's(Breaks), DJ's Digital(Breaks), High Eight(Breaks), Aaron Jae(Breaks), Omar Santana(Breaks)(his old break stuff only), Nine Inch Nails(rock/industrial), Pantera(rock), simply jeff(Breaks)

the only hip hop group I left out was massive attack, only really listened to them for about 6 months actually, but their good.

who else is hip hop mr student?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri May 22, 2009 7:19 pm

Dude which part of breaks is hip hop and hip hop is breaks are you not getting?

Stop thinking 50cent and start thinking De La Soul.
Stop thinking Master P and start thinking The Pharcyde.
Stop thinking Little John and Start Thinking Run DMC

Your trying to say that orange juice is not an orange. Yeah you're right, but you're so wrong too.

mike_o

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 7:27 pm

H20nly wrote:Dude which part of breaks is hip hop and hip hop is breaks are you not getting?

Stop thinking 50cent and start thinking De La Soul.
Stop thinking Master P and start thinking The Pharcyde.
Stop thinking Little John and Start Thinking Run DMC

Your trying to say that orange juice is not an orange. Yeah you're right, but you're so wrong too.
Ido get your point, but my point is that these are groups that were influenced by hip hop, they themselves dont really make hip hop, Iguess it also depends on your history, back in 92'93' when I started raving there was what you might call a clearly agreed upon difference between the electro breaks from guys like DJIcey, Uberzone, the electroliners etc...

this was definitely not considered hip hop at all at the time and no one would have argued, I think the hip hop scene may have changed while I wasn't listening or maybe I just have an old man ravers attitude, either way I consider breaks and hip hop different thing in my heart, the boundaries are negotiable at the least. like the grey area between hard rock & roll and weaker metal bands.

oh, and I know who Run DMC is(Duh), but I have never actually heard the music of the pharcyde or De La Sol, I've heard there names, but never there music, so Icant comment or compare.

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Fri May 22, 2009 7:34 pm

I haven't read the rest of this thread yet but.. totally honest i will risk personal injury rather than hear that latest Green Day song "Know your enemy". Frequently I'll dive at the radio dial banging shins on tables and shoving people out of the way. I very very nearly started chanting NAHNAHNAHNAH out loud when it came on in a shop the other day. I can't listen to it, if i do and it gets stuck in my head I'll release it with a power drill like in the film Pi.

mike_o

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 7:37 pm

ikeaboy wrote:I haven't read the rest of this thread yet but.. totally honest i will risk personal injury rather than hear that latest Green Day song "Know your enemy". Frequently I'll dive at the radio dial banging shins on tables and shoving people out of the way. I very very nearly started chanting NAHNAHNAHNAH out loud when it came on in a shop the other day. I can't listen to it, if i do and it gets stuck in my head I'll release it with a power drill like in the film Pi.

thankfully I have not heard a green day song in like 4 years.

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Fri May 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Oh and why?

Its the singing with the mungled word in the chorus. It's musicians pretending to be teenagers when they're in their thirties. It's the vacum packed at Wall Mart punk rebellion. But mainly Billy Joe's singing :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Fri May 22, 2009 7:41 pm

mike_o wrote:
ikeaboy wrote:I haven't read the rest of this thread yet but.. totally honest i will risk personal injury rather than hear that latest Green Day song "Know your enemy". Frequently I'll dive at the radio dial banging shins on tables and shoving people out of the way. I very very nearly started chanting NAHNAHNAHNAH out loud when it came on in a shop the other day. I can't listen to it, if i do and it gets stuck in my head I'll release it with a power drill like in the film Pi.

Any cheap accommodation out your way? warm alleys even? just till the whole thing blows over.

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri May 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Don't call me out Mr. O, John Gordon might kill us both just for having this stupid conversation.
did you know he once poked a mans eyes out just because that man had eyes 8O
did you know he once forced Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles to describe what each other was wearing 8O
did you know that he once smoked a blunt sooo big that he's still fuckin smoking it 8O

you have no freakin Idea what you are saying open your damn eyes it could be our only hope. John Gordon is not the most intresting man in the world for no reason.
he will kill you.............does he look like someone you can bullshit huh, does he???

mike_o

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 7:48 pm

ikeaboy wrote:
mike_o wrote:

Any cheap accommodation out your way? warm alleys even? just till the whole thing blows over.

there's an alley out back but its kinda dirty, east LA and all.

and to student - who the hell is john gordon?

and you weren't called out, you we're asked to educate an out of his mind old man.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri May 22, 2009 7:58 pm

starving student wrote:does he look like someone you can bullshit huh, does he???
LOL. I don't know who John Gordon is either but he sounds fuckin serious.

Where the Hell is Tone Deft? He must be off of work today or else involved in another heated flame war...

edited to add one more LOL. Thats some funny shit. I'm trying to eat my lunch here bro...

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 22, 2009 8:04 pm

you really that dumb? haven't seen me post? why are you talking shit?

mike_o - you live in a cave or what?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri May 22, 2009 8:18 pm

Awe shit!

Nah I missed it. There was no popcorn eating and other than Throw Away taking his mom out of the equation there was no real mention of spouses or loved ones...

mike_o

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Tone Deft wrote:you really that dumb? haven't seen me post? why are you talking shit?

mike_o - you live in a cave or what?

my place would def qualify as a cave, and I have actually never seen you post under another name before, heard mention of it...

GOOD FUCKING JOB DUDE!!!!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 22, 2009 8:25 pm

what are you talking about Opie?

omfg the n00bs are lining up to flame me.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

mike_o

Post by mike_o » Fri May 22, 2009 8:29 pm

Tone Deft wrote:what are you talking about Opie?

omfg the n00bs are lining up to flame me.

yes they are, your almost 15K post count makes you a nice target.