Thank you for expressing your interest in the iPhone/iPod touch Application - we now have the first version ready for testing. Please follow the instructions below:
*Please note, currently only compatible with Mac OS 10.5x (Leopard)*
The application allows you to use your device (iPhone/iPod touch) as a wireless Automap hardware controller over a WiFi network
Therefore first of all, your Mac which you use to run Automap, and your iPhone/iPod touch must be on the same network.
Once you have done this, you then need to do the following:
1) Download and install the latest Beta release (3.1b3) of Automap here: http://beta.novationmusic.com/automap/
2) Mount the attached volume "Automap_iPhone-1.0b1.dmg", which contains two seperate files - "Automap_Testing.mobileprovision" and "Automap.app"
4) Open iTunes, drag the file "Automap_Testing.mobileprovision" onto the iTunes icon in the dock (you only need to do this once)
5) Drag the file "Automap.app" into your iTunes Library, you should now see "Automap" listed in your Applications within iTunes
6) Sync your iPhone/iPod making sure that "Automap" is checked in the Applications tab
Once this is done, launch Automap on your Mac, and launch the Automap application on your iPhone/iPod, you should see your Mac running Automap in the list of available servers.
Select the appropriate server, and begin controlling!
If you experience issues connecting to Automap, you may need to disable any Firewalls you have running (if using Airport you might want to set up a dedicated wireless network).
A few known issues so far:
+ Issue with HUI Pan control
+ Default HUI mapping/layout has not yet been created
+ Some web links are yet to be implemented
We have not included any user documentation as we are interested in your user experience with the Application alone.