I am all about free speech, live and let live, but......

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
aisling

Re: I am all about free speech, live and let live, but......

Post by aisling » Fri May 22, 2009 10:25 pm

H20nly wrote:
aisling wrote:your good, do you wear glasses or are you a 20/20 kind of guy....... :D
20/20 20% of the time.
:lol: great come back.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

gjm

Post by gjm » Fri May 22, 2009 10:26 pm

aisling wrote: I once read a statistic (I can't recall it) that applied kinesiology had a 40% margin of error......In standard medicine, anything below 5% would be questionable......What was the result, the kid was deficient in refined carbohydrates and gluten?
I actually don't know what the result was. My wife was actually politely let go from her position because she was aware of the practice ethics of the BCCC and really struggled with her role. Funny thing was, her next job was with the actual College itself :wink:
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

gjm

Post by gjm » Fri May 22, 2009 10:30 pm

H20nly wrote:
gjm wrote:Your name is on my list now.
You should start to feel calm soon...
Is laughing my ass off a side of effect of the calm feeling because my co-workers are gonna be wondering soon?..
Ahhhhh..... *deep breath in through the nose..... hold...... exhale fffffffffffffffffffffffffff* Glad to be of assistance.
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri May 22, 2009 10:32 pm

gjm wrote:
aisling wrote:... I am working through some serious disappointments right now. I had a professional bomb dropped on me that will cost me a year of hard work. In a prior life I'd get a load on and numb out, but lately I have traded in that behavior for something for more immature....self righteousness 8)
There has got to be a synchronistic bright side to the bomb somewhere... me thinks. :)
yeah, a universal exhange of energy from my bank account to some capitalist who does not need it in the first place.....while I fall further into debt. And on the crystal link, I have my louise hay book standing by.... :D :D
http://www.louisehay.com/about/index.php

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri May 22, 2009 10:37 pm

gjm wrote:
aisling wrote: I once read a statistic (I can't recall it) that applied kinesiology had a 40% margin of error......In standard medicine, anything below 5% would be questionable......What was the result, the kid was deficient in refined carbohydrates and gluten?
I actually don't know what the result was. My wife was actually politely let go from her position because she was aware of the practice ethics of the BCCC and really struggled with her role. Funny thing was, her next job was with the actual College itself :wink:
I did a year of chiropractic college, and saw some "insider" stuff that changed me from a "believer" into recommending acupuncture, pilates, yoga, diet, and lifestyle awareness before chiropractic at any and all costs.
The "flying 7" technique, in particular.....Where the doctor adjusts every single patient the same way, while "telling" them their treatment is unique to their ailments....

gjm

Post by gjm » Fri May 22, 2009 10:39 pm

aisling wrote:
gjm wrote:
aisling wrote:... I am working through some serious disappointments right now. I had a professional bomb dropped on me that will cost me a year of hard work. In a prior life I'd get a load on and numb out, but lately I have traded in that behavior for something for more immature....self righteousness 8)
There has got to be a synchronistic bright side to the bomb somewhere... me thinks. :)
yeah, a universal exhange of energy from my bank account to some capitalist who does not need it in the first place.....while I fall further into debt. And on the crystal link, I have my louise hay book standing by.... :D :D
http://www.louisehay.com/about/index.php
oohhhh fcuk! don't open that can of worms for me... :evil:

have you read Wayne Dyer's book on 'Intention.'? (trying to figure out if your are serious or are taking the piss like me.... in case you hadn't caught on) :P

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri May 22, 2009 10:40 pm

gjm wrote:Glad to be of assistance.
Good lookin out

aisling wrote:yeah, a universal exhange of energy from my bank account to some capitalist who does not need it in the first place.....while I fall further into debt.
Is that the national anthem I hear playin in the background?

gjm

Post by gjm » Fri May 22, 2009 10:42 pm

aisling wrote:I did a year of chiropractic college, and saw some "insider" stuff that changed me from a "believer" into recommending acupuncture, pilates, yoga, diet, and lifestyle awareness before chiropractic at any and all costs.
The "flying 7" technique, in particular.....Where the doctor adjusts every single patient the same way, while "telling" them their treatment is unique to their ailments....
Yeah, she was not working for the teaching body but the governing body. She often got involved with things like ethics and discipline. Some crazy stuff by certain individuals.
Last edited by gjm on Fri May 22, 2009 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Fri May 22, 2009 10:43 pm

aisling wrote:The forum seems to be losing it's class and civility lately. Every other thread seems to spin out of control into a flame and insult war. Not that I want a moderator, it is just a shame to see such juvenile and classless conduct amongst supposed artistically inclined people. I imagine the rabble behave as such since they don't have the confidence, skills, real talent, or motivation to be working on music, yet feel a need to be seen and heard......just like a psy trance party :wink:

For those who are real haters...........You have my total respect, because I know how energy inefficient it is to carry that attitude. I bow in respect.....

all right insult away :lol: :lol: :lol:
My two cents is invested in the "no moderator is better" school of thought. It seems like it all comes down to one word. Control. This whole "own" bullshit is the same thing that makes certain guys completely incompatible in bands or in music projects with other musicians. It's just a mock sense of self esteem and is what Cliques are bound by. Right TD? :)

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri May 22, 2009 10:52 pm

gjm wrote: oohhhh fcuk! don't open that can of worms for me... :evil:

have you read Wayne Dyer's book on 'Intention.'? (trying to figure out if your are serious or are taking the piss like me.... in case you hadn't caught on) :P
I am talkin shit...... I have some strong resentful feelings in regard to this belief system

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Fri May 22, 2009 10:54 pm

psy-trance is total and utter bollox.
seriously it is. it is literally the sound of masturbation with a flat beat.

FUCK YOU.

ok, carry on.
spreader of butter

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri May 22, 2009 10:54 pm

H20nly wrote:
gjm wrote:Glad to be of assistance.
Good lookin out

aisling wrote:yeah, a universal exhange of energy from my bank account to some capitalist who does not need it in the first place.....while I fall further into debt.
Is that the national anthem I hear playin in the background?
Yes it is!
as a matter of fact name your soul diva who is lip syncing....at the function! 8)

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri May 22, 2009 10:56 pm

b0unce wrote:psy-trance is total and utter bollox.
seriously it is. it is literally the sound of masturbation with a flat beat.

FUCK YOU.

ok, carry on.
Oh bouncy baby, nobody fucks me like you do, your the best!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri May 22, 2009 10:58 pm

aisling wrote:Yes it is!
as a matter of fact name your soul diva who is lip syncing....at the function!
Dunno...Rosanne Barr?

Not coming in clear... need more crystal shaking... STAT
Last edited by H20nly on Fri May 22, 2009 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri May 22, 2009 10:59 pm

H20nly wrote:
aisling wrote:Yes it is!
as a matter of fact name your soul diva who is lip syncing....at the function!
Dunno...Rosanne Barr?
I just hope there is no wardrobe malfunction in the set, i'd throw up.