Urgent advice requested please

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kolakube

Urgent advice requested please

Post by kolakube » Sun May 31, 2009 6:49 am

Hi everyone.

I have just sold my Behringer BCR2000 on Ebay.

The person I sold it too says he cannot get it to work on his Mac and wants to return it.

The behringer has seen about 7 hours of use and worked flawlessly for me on my PC. Prior to posting it I tested it on my PC on Live via the USB cable and then on my ancient Roland Alpha Juno and it worked there fine too.

In other words it worked perfectly for me the day I posted it.

Is there any known issues regarding Mac's and Behringer BCR2000's? If so is there an easy resolve.

EDIT - to try and spell title correctly doh!
Last edited by kolakube on Sun May 31, 2009 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

timothyallan

Re: Urgent adive requested please

Post by timothyallan » Sun May 31, 2009 8:04 am

mine works fine on my Mac... and on my PC. Get the guy to test it on a friends PC and see if it doesn't work?

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Sun May 31, 2009 8:09 am

ive just moved from the pc to the mac. the bcr worked right away on the mac - no need to install anything [on xp the drivers had to be installed].

i assume he is using live, if he is. make sure in has the midi I/O correct in lives midi section and / or selects bcr2000 from the automap drop down.

kolakube

Post by kolakube » Sun May 31, 2009 8:53 am

Thanks for the quick answers fellas.

Just wondering as it all worked fine for me before sending him it on my PC.

@ Nuperspective - would he still need to set up Live's MIDI in/outs if he's using the USB to connect it?

TBH i'm starting to think he just doesn't want it. I originally had a load of hassle of him saying he hadn't received it and I must of sent it to the wrong address. He didnt know Id sent it tracked. When I checked delivery had been refused twice. I told him this and he said he hadnt ever refused it. Why would the post office lie twice??
Eventually he got it and said it didnt work. Last night he told me he had rang Behringer customer support just. Not sure but do Behringer have a phone service on a Sat night or a weekend for that matter at all??
I hope he hasn't broken it just to ensure I refund him. That means I am left totally out of pocket re postage and a knackered item I can't resell which will total 100 pounds loss for me.

Of course he may be genuine also it just all worked fine prior to posting and is as good as brand new condition :(

kolakube

Re: Urgent advice requested please

Post by kolakube » Sun May 31, 2009 8:59 am

doh - Just noticed thread title. Gotta get a better spell checker!

EDIT - fixed by editing first post
Last edited by kolakube on Sun May 31, 2009 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun May 31, 2009 9:09 am

i used one for a little while on a mac, no trouble at all... he should check, like said before with a PC around, maybe the unit got totally damaged.

only reason i got rid of it is space issues in my new setup. otherwise it's the only thing ever made OK from Behringer.
*** Image GAFM ***

kolakube

Post by kolakube » Sun May 31, 2009 12:36 pm

Hey Sub funk

I can understand a knob getting smashed off but not MIDI stopping working. Suppose anythings possible

kolakube

Post by kolakube » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:53 am

Right, got this back in post this morning.

1 - Plugged the MIDI out from my Delta 1010 soundcard into the MIDI in on the BCR2000
2 - On Ableton went to Preferences > MIDI sync and choose BCR2000 as a control surface and selected the MIDI ins and outs for the control surface as my Delta 1010.
3 - Twiddles a few knobs and instantly the sliders and sends on Live start moving all over the place so it works over MIDI as I knew it did.

Now, can anyone offer help on how to set it up over USB? Im an old skool 35 year old and stick to what I know and was brought up with real MIDI with din cables etc. I know nothing of USB MIDI.

Can anyone advise how I would set up Live to see the USB MIDI port thingy. I would have thought this would have been in the list where I select the appropriate MIDI channel in the drop down box to the right of where I selected the BCR2000 as a control surface in step 2 above. Doesnt show but then it wouldn't as it isnt an installed device. Al As I am doing is plugging a USB cable into my PC from the BCR.

Warminstrel

Post by Warminstrel » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:23 pm

BCR2K should show up as 'audio device' when in USB plug 'n' play mode.

This works fine though if you wish you can d-load the proper driver from behringer which then lists the device as 'BCR2000'

kolakube

Post by kolakube » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:35 pm

Hi mate,

where abouts do I look for audio device?

kolakube

Post by kolakube » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:41 pm

ah yeah I know what you mean, where I select the midi port for the BCR.

Got it thanks, and the whole thing works fine via either USB or MIDI.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:08 pm

kolakube wrote:Hey Sub funk

I can understand a knob getting smashed off but not MIDI stopping working. Suppose anythings possible
electronic can be tricky... there can be all sorts of resulting problems from a damaged soldering connex, for example... and all other "un-thinkable" stuff... it was just a maybe? from my side... it is possible, though.
*** Image GAFM ***

kolakube

Post by kolakube » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:17 pm

suppose mate. Anyhow it works fine. Ive never used USB MIDI in my life and got it working in 5 mins. Worked instantly with real MIDI. I dunno, some people.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:35 pm

Watch out for shady motherfuckers on ebay. Dude might have broke his... know what I'm sayin?