OT: Your favourite sandwich

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
brightonalex

OT: Your favourite sandwich

Post by brightonalex » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:43 pm

What is your favourite sandwich? Near where i work there is a place called Fuzzys Grub. You choose whatever roast meat you want and vegetables and have it in whatever bread.

My favourite is beef, yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots, roast potatoes, horseradish, crackling and gravy on doorstep white. Which is why I am so fat.

the_antagonist

Re: OT: Your favourite sandwich

Post by the_antagonist » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:55 pm

triple fried egg sandwich with chili sauce and chutney

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:31 pm

I like mine with a bit of auditory stimulation:

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:38 pm

There is no sandwich in the world that rivals the Philadelphia cheesesteak, which consists of thinly sliced steak grilled on a flat grill with onions, and the cheese slices laid on top to melt (unless "the whiz" is used, then it is ladeled over) and then conveyed into a freshly baked footlong italian-bread-type roll.

There are an almost infinite number of variations, including different types of cheese and assortments of trimmings.

My favorite type of cheesesteak is the pizza steak with mushrooms, which is mozzarella cheese melted over a savory simmering pile of steak, transferred into the roll and pizza sauce spooned over.

Also a native of Philadelphia and a close runner up is the italian grinder, which is an assortment of meat (usually including salami, cappicolla, and provolone cheese) broiled open face in a pizza oven for a spell, and then garnished with onions, tomato, lettuce, italian seasonings and red wine vinegar/oil.

^the above is possibly a customized grinder in the 'pre broil' stage. :)

And then there are gyros. It is hard to get a bad gyro.

It should be noted that here is No City in the world that rivals Philadelphia for advanced sandwichery

Jesse

Post by Jesse » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:46 pm

I was about to wax poetic on Philadelphia sandwichery, but MikeMC beat me to it and has proven himself to be a gentleman of good taste.

The hoagie is another platinum success from Philadelphia. I recently showed Gerhard Behles the touch screen magic that can be found at Wawa (do you want extra meat? Do you want extra cheese? Do you want bacon? Do you want extra mayonnaise?) I am going to get one in 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Koch's deli in west Philly is so good (and unhealthy) that both Koch brothers have died from heart attacks, a loss that still can bring a tear to my eye.

Jesse

cosmosuave

Post by cosmosuave » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:01 pm

BAT with mayo....

MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:47 pm

Cheese & Marmite FTW!
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:51 pm

^^^ oh god, you make my mouth watering... i so love marmite, but it's not that easy to get and expensive in shite germany.
(same with backed beans, damn german fuck country, oh here it goes again... my stupid decision to move back to shitty berlin, :twisted: )
*** Image GAFM ***

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:52 pm

Jesse wrote:I was about to wax poetic on Philadelphia sandwichery, but MikeMC beat me to it and has proven himself to be a gentleman of good taste.
Thank you, sirrah, and for this...
The hoagie is another platinum success from Philadelphia. I recently showed Gerhard Behles the touch screen magic that can be found at Wawa (do you want extra meat? Do you want extra cheese? Do you want bacon? Do you want extra mayonnaise?).
it is inexpressably, wonderfully uplifting to hear that someone who strives to suffuse the best of German ingenuity into music-making software should be so rightly treated to the best in American sandwich technology :D

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:55 pm

SubFunk wrote:^^^ oh god, you make my mouth watering... i so love marmite, but it's not that easy to get and expensive in shite germany.
(same with backed beans, damn german fuck country, oh here it goes again... my stupid decision to move back to shitty berlin, :twisted: )
Shit, dude. If I didn't think it would get mashed up in the post, I'd totally send you some over!
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:08 pm

logic_user99 wrote:
SubFunk wrote:^^^ oh god, you make my mouth watering... i so love marmite, but it's not that easy to get and expensive in shite germany.
Shit, dude. If I didn't think it would get mashed up in the post, I'd totally send you some over!
wow, thanks for the offer, though...

but i found some sources, i could not live without a greasy spoon every now and then or marmite on buttered toast, yumm. this german breakfast is for gays.

just have to pay evil for it, over here.
*** Image GAFM ***

Rogue Scrunt

Post by Rogue Scrunt » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:21 pm

for lots of great records, check out,
http://stores.ebay.com/id=64360994?ssPageName=ME:F:ST

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:27 pm

Rogue Scrunt wrote:Image
what is that delicous looking concoction?

assessingaccess

Post by assessingaccess » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:31 pm

Jesse wrote:...Koch's deli in west Philly is so good (and unhealthy)...
:D

^^I live right by Koch's! Amazing sandwiches!
West Philly represent!
Stuffs.

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:41 pm

yup - chesse and marmite in a toastie

bacon, lettuce and tomato with mayo and chili sauce in turkish bread - i am going to have one now :D