APC 40 transport controls HELP!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pavelius

APC 40 transport controls HELP!

Post by pavelius » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:08 pm

HOLA, is there anyway to reset to default the APC40? the transport (play,record,stop) buttons doesnt work, they did when i first installed everything but now they are not working, i tried to remep them but it seems they dont even send midi data, i think they stop working when i opened Live 8, first time i open with Live 7 and it worked. now i tried Live 7.0.13, 7.0.16 and 8.0.3 with none of them work, HELP!!

33tetragammon

Re: APC 40 transport controls HELP!

Post by 33tetragammon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:43 pm

pavelius wrote:HOLA, is there anyway to reset to default the APC40? the transport (play,record,stop) buttons doesnt work, they did when i first installed everything but now they are not working, i tried to remep them but it seems they dont even send midi data, i think they stop working when i opened Live 8, first time i open with Live 7 and it worked. now i tried Live 7.0.13, 7.0.16 and 8.0.3 with none of them work, HELP!!
i believe you can do this by going into Live's preferences midi tap,then de-select the apc-40 and disable its i/o,and then select it again and enable its i/o.this resets everything tom default.
i read that somewhere.hope that solves your problem.

my problem is i'm still waiting for mine....bummer!

Nick Shepherd

Post by Nick Shepherd » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:57 pm

afaik transport controlls on midi controllers send MMC data - not midi... should be the same on the APC !?

<edit> i was wrong there, sorry - the transport section is capable of MMC & MIDI

other than that i would try 33tetragammon´s recommandation, seems to be the only logical way for a "soft reset"

pavelius

Post by pavelius » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Nick Shepherd wrote:afaik transport controlls on midi controllers send MMC data - not midi... should be the same on the APC !?

<edit> i was wrong there, sorry - the transport section is capable of MMC & MIDI

other than that i would try 33tetragammon´s recommandation, seems to be the only logical way for a "soft reset"

Thanks guys, but ive tried that already, the problem start when i used Live 8.0.3 but now it wont work with live 7.0.16 or with other version, i reboot, disconected everything, tried with three different versions of live.
the only time that worked for some time was the first time i used it with Live 7.0.16 and when i changed the usb port but it only worked for a couple of hours. I dont know maybe a bug or apc malfunction

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:51 pm

pavelius wrote:
Nick Shepherd wrote:afaik transport controlls on midi controllers send MMC data - not midi... should be the same on the APC !?

Thanks guys, but ive tried that already, the problem start when i used Live 8.0.3 but now it wont work with live 7.0.16 or with other version, i reboot, disconected everything, tried with three different versions of live.
the only time that worked for some time was the first time i used it with Live 7.0.16 and when i changed the usb port but it only worked for a couple of hours. I dont know maybe a bug or apc malfunction
ok,so if it stopped working when you tried it with live 8,try this:dump live 8 off your harddrive,then try it again with live 7.016(latest update).if it works then,i would guess it's a live 8 bug.if not,it might be an apc bug

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:53 pm

turn your stuff off.
turn your computer on.
let it boot up and load the default apps.
turn on the APC.
wait for the computer to see it, mine beeps when it enumerates a device.
turn on your other gear.
launch Live.
set up the midi preferences.

my APC is USB AUDIO DEVICE
my BCR is USB AUDIO DEVICE [2]
my SL25 is on Port 2 for control surfaces and Port 1 for the midi stuff (IIRC on the midi half.)
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:06 pm

deleting the preferences file might do the trick

pavelius

Post by pavelius » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:35 pm

djsynchro wrote:deleting the preferences file might do the trick
Deleating the preferences was the trick, everything is working now...
Thank you guys..

celloincage

Post by celloincage » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:12 pm

hi,
how did you delete the preferences ?

Jimbabwae

Post by Jimbabwae » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:42 am

Hi Celloincage,

This should help: https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/corrupt-prefs/

Cheers