Metal, continued from the geezer hippy music thread

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ThrowAway

Metal, continued from the geezer hippy music thread

Post by ThrowAway » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:04 pm

I listened to three or four my bloody valentine songs and was unimpressed. Ive been listening to the bands they heavily modeled themselves after for years. There alright but couldnt compare imo to illnino,all that remains, nothingface etc etc all of them rock harder and did when all the kids from mbv were in diapers, literally.Maybe I listened to the wrong songs and got a wrong impression of them. Dont get me wrong I cant hold there age against them too much because I love silverchairs first album and still listen to it a couple of times a year.

aisling

Re: Metal, continued from the geezer hippy music thread

Post by aisling » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:10 pm

:D regardless of your musical tastes, differences of opinion..... If you're a cool guy, with honor, integrity, respect and sincerity, your all right with me.

lets hate on tiesto here too, while were at it......
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:18 pm

I dont really think your all geezers or that being older is better/worse than being younger. Im bored. I should have known better than half heartedly try to rile up a group of pacifists.

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:39 pm

I'd rather get a wig from the hair club that listen to tiesto!

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:06 pm

ThrowAway wrote:I listened to three or four my bloody valentine songs and was unimpressed. Ive been listening to the bands they heavily modeled themselves after for years. There alright but couldnt compare imo to illnino,all that remains, nothingface etc etc all of them rock harder and did when all the kids from mbv were in diapers, literally.Maybe I listened to the wrong songs and got a wrong impression of them. Dont get me wrong I cant hold there age against them too much because I love silverchairs first album and still listen to it a couple of times a year.
:lol: who's the old geezer??

all I take from this thread is that you're old, and you like Silverchair. they suck kangaroo dick. there's no metal in this thread. wtf man?

"and the water's very hard to dri-i-ink"
they set the mold for Nickelback, same sound.

Silverchair is not metal, not by a long shot. no 'chugga chugga' no metal. :roll: serious fail, you might need a paramedic after this thread. paging aisling!!
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:01 pm

I wasnt saying silverchair is metal. They do rock. I dont consider them grunge if my memory is correct about the last thread from a year ago like you do.

Pantera, stuckmojo, illnino, early slipknot,fearfactory, megadeath, tool, nothingface, all that remains,sevendust, slayer,primus, the black dahlia,motorhead,canibal corpse etc these are all metal bands to me. Im sure theres someone here who will put each of these bands in a diffrent genre but to me its all metal. If I put silverchair in a playlist with all these bands it wouldnt really jump out of the mix like it didnt belong. they did it hard there first album.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:09 pm

Id rather make out and have sex with courtney love and kathy bates with the lights on than listen to tiesto.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:09 pm

w/o a condom

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:14 pm

ThrowAway wrote:I wasnt saying silverchair is metal. They do rock. I dont consider them grunge if my memory is correct about the last thread from a year ago like you do.

Pantera, stuckmojo, illnino, early slipknot,fearfactory, megadeath, tool, nothingface, all that remains,sevendust, slayer,primus, the black dahlia,motorhead,canibal corpse etc these are all metal bands to me. Im sure theres someone here who will put each of these bands in a diffrent genre but to me its all metal. If I put silverchair in a playlist with all these bands it wouldnt really jump out of the mix like it didnt belong. they did it hard there first album.

See I was bred on slayer, megadeth (up to peace sells) exodus, anthrax, destruction, celtic frost, kreator, motorhead, metalica (pre cock rock era), mercyful fate, dri, sod, nuclear assult, suicidal......

The newer metal just seemed like recycled of what I had already known.....Yes pantera rocked, primus and tool were beyond metal (I felt). I flirted with some deicide, morbid angel, upside down cross, agony column and bolt thrower..... Just seemed like I needed "new music". And besides all the cute girls were definitely not into metal back then.....
Silverchair........ :roll:

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:17 pm

ThrowAway wrote:Id rather make out and have sex with courtney love and kathy bates with the lights on than listen to tiesto.
you may have just toped it with that...... I see MC Hammer dancing across the screen "you can't touch this"......
I'd give Cher a lick or two (NY taco style), as well as Hillary Clinton before tiesto played.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:33 pm

no 'chugga chugga' no metal. Primus isn't metal by a long shot. the rest were. man I miss the days of the 3 letter thrash bands. I still have cassettes around of copies of copies of copies of albums from those bands.

I appreciated Silverchair because of their ages and they were Australian, it was great to see them beat the odds to become talented and successful regardless of their handicaps.

nothing wrong with music threads, I love this shit.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:34 pm

aisling wrote:
ThrowAway wrote:I wasnt saying silverchair is metal. They do rock. I dont consider them grunge if my memory is correct about the last thread from a year ago like you do.

See I was bred on slayer, megadeth (up to peace sells) exodus, anthrax, destruction, celtic frost, kreator, motorhead, metalica (pre cock rock era), mercyful fate, dri, sod, nuclear assult, suicidal......

The newer metal just seemed like recycled of what I had already known.....Yes pantera rocked, primus and tool were beyond metal (I felt). I flirted with some deicide, morbid angel, upside down cross, agony column and bolt thrower..... Just seemed like I needed "new music". And besides all the cute girls were definitely not into metal back then.....
Silverchair........ :roll:
...those were the days..

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:38 pm

Tone Deft wrote: I appreciated Silverchair because of their ages and they were Australian, it was great to see them beat the odds to become talented and successful regardless of their handicaps.
I harbored a deep jealously for silverchair considering how hard I was trying to "make it" back then. Ultimately I respect anybody in any genre of music that was able to make a career out my ultimate dreams....music

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:48 pm

hell's yaaa

and i loved metallica anthrax and slayer....and on..
by the way the biggest let down of the last 50 years is metallica.. they should have changed their dang name.
back in the 800's when i was getting into metal i was also getting into punk rock and hip hop too.

o and zeppelin

man Black Sabbath F.T.W.!!

o and suck on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WowZB-K-Svs

edit... more

any one remember these guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpSSV-7Am5I

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:09 pm

bosonHavoc wrote:Image

hell's yaaa

and i loved metallica anthrax and slayer....and on..
I loved the first two maiden albums...Paul Diano (I think) was a grea vocalist...besides his problems....
3dot... wrote: ...those were the days..
I remember when one of the guys asked moddona out on mtv headbangers ball and she shot him down.....