Anyone, crackles in loops [L8]

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
SubFunk

Anyone, crackles in loops [L8]

Post by SubFunk » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:00 pm

i get with several samples crackles when i loop them in 8.0.3 at the "start - end point transition"
as you need to use that damn warping to be able to loop (which always bugged me) i tried all modes on the loops affected...
i usually don't want to warp anything, i hate that... saying that, i now after over 10 years of making music get slowly, slowly into using and chopping samples and therefore use warping the first time...

if i take the same sample and load and loop them in Peak for example they play back without any crackle whatsoever... proof that the sample is totally clean cut... of course i can do a workaround (which i did) using the volume envelope... but that can't be it can it? i mean it should loop clean or is that always like that with Live?

anyone else...?
*** Image GAFM ***

timothyallan

Re: Anyone, crackles in loops [L8]

Post by timothyallan » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:05 pm

I get constant crackles on loop when it's set to complex pro (even with the 8.04b2), but the others are fine for me.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:06 pm

timothyallan wrote:I get constant crackles on loop when it's set to complex pro (even with the 8.04b2), but the others are fine for me.
thanks, so it is Live screwing then... thought so...
*** Image GAFM ***

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:13 pm

Me too.
But I don't care, since I declare Live 8 unusable.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
iMac 27" Retina i5 3,2 GHz OS 10.11.3 L10.0.1 M4L.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:16 pm

chapelier fou wrote:Me too.
But I don't care, since I declare Live 8 unusable.
yup, i don't have crashes, but too many things that just don't work right... annoying, very damn annoying...

EDIT: i removed my anger.
*** Image GAFM ***

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:01 pm

You don't have to warp! If your track is say, 120 BPM and your loop is 120 BPM there is nothing to stop you from switching warp OFF and pasting as many copies as you need in the arrange page. Even if you switch warp on now, there will be no warping done as long as you don't mess with the warp markers, start end ponts and the tempo.

If there's something clicking or glitching it's a bug and you should report it, preferably send Ableton a set that demonstrates the behaviour.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:08 pm

djsynchro wrote:You don't have to warp! If your track is say, 120 BPM and your loop is 120 BPM there is nothing to stop you from switching warp OFF and pasting as many copies as you need in the arrange page. Even if you switch warp on now, there will be no warping done as long as you don't mess with the warp markers, start end ponts and the tempo.

If there's something clicking or glitching it's a bug and you should report it, preferably send Ableton a set that demonstrates the behaviour.
1. i know, you need to warp if you use looping in clips, and i don't care that much for the arrangement. i mainly need session and clips, clips, clips...
and there you do need to warp to be able to switch loop on, even if as you descriped the tempo actually matches...

2. it's a clicking crackle... and the suggestion i don't commend. the beta is over.

damn... just don't get me started... the only understanding i have is, if someone [or me] would find that one bug that appears when he does that ultra, ultra rare function / way / combination with that ultra, ultra rarely used plugin... or similar.

but i have no understanding at all... for all the bugs in MAJORLY used functions and that by any user a hundred times per working session (exept the guys at ableton apparently... ), such as transport issues, looping issues, dragging clips in arrange issues... the list goes on... this is baby shit to appear after the official release...

damn! :twisted:
Last edited by SubFunk on Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*** Image GAFM ***

scientist

Post by scientist » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:16 pm

i have the complex pro issue too. reported midway through beta testing and the problem persists. other modes are still fine for me though...i'm assuming you've adjusted the usual stuff...high quality mode, fade button, audio buffer, etc?

one of my suspicions is that all the new warp data (tons of transients) is messing with things. my project files are much bigger in 8.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:24 pm

reported midway through beta testing and the problem persists.
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:25 pm

^^^ and yeah did all the adjustments... fades and all that crap i should not need... because it is, the same file 100% perfectly looping in Peak.
*** Image GAFM ***

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Maybe it's related with your audio card.

I sometimes got crackles... I'm pretty sure it's due to my E-MU 0404 usb2.0.

I've set the audio buffer in and out... Now I got less crackles /or no crackles at all

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:03 pm

Hermanus wrote:Maybe it's related with your audio card.

I sometimes got crackles... I'm pretty sure it's due to my E-MU 0404 usb2.0.

I've set the audio buffer in and out... Now I got less crackles /or no crackles at all
negative... it's one set with about 6 audio loops... one crackles and the others not. the one that crackles always, i tried it separate in Live and plays just as all the others fine in Peak looped... that proofs that the 'cut' is clean and without any noise... (peak does not fade or smoothes loops automatically whatsoever)

the card plays like a charm.

please read...
i get with several samples crackles when i loop them in 8.0.3 at the "start - end point transition"
it is not a general audio crackles issue that could come from the card / buffer settings.
*** Image GAFM ***

nq

Post by nq » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:51 pm

i have this problem aswell. although i have crackles/glitches even mid-loop.
soundcard is fine. liveset consists of two clips, no effects no midi.
one loop is in complex pro, the other one isn't. even the other loop (beat mode) crackles, when solo'd and the complex pro mode is running.

loops fine in wave editor, peak and logic
soundcard is fine aswell

macbook pro unibody 2.4 ghz
mac osx 10.5.7
4 gb ram
live 8.04

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:53 pm

the way to fix these things is to log a bug in the support section. you could even *gasp* try to reproduce it in the latest beta.

posting it here is like dancing about architecture. <ducks>
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

nq

Post by nq » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:22 pm

Mail was sent to support hours before I posted here