Features you would like to see in Ableton 9?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
3dot...

Re: Features you would like to see in Ableton 9?

Post by 3dot... » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:10 pm

ambientidm wrote: +1 above plus a pattern/tap type delay with pitch shifting per tap
meh...rack+grain delay...

deanthomastunes

Post by deanthomastunes » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:54 pm

I'd like to see Key-Detection for audio clips, with Camelot-wheel labels.
Progressive/Tech/Uplifting Trance
Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

LATEST RELEASES
BUY HERE

deanthomastunes

Post by deanthomastunes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:15 am

**Double-post**

Actually, I'm quite curious as to how much the upgrade from Live 8 - 9 and Suite 8 - 9 is going to cost.
Progressive/Tech/Uplifting Trance
Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

LATEST RELEASES
BUY HERE

flowdesigner

Post by flowdesigner » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:28 pm

adg. reference M4L files so I dont need folders etc for racks to include M4L

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:32 am

On the piano roll I'd like to be able to select notes by rubber banding in the note velocity area.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

Acid303

Post by Acid303 » Tue May 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Linear Fader Slopes

Proper drawable crossfader automation over minutes

Built in step sequencer without the need for M4L

Free M4L Runtime

The Philosopher King

Post by The Philosopher King » Tue May 24, 2011 10:07 pm

I'd actually like to see Softube Designed 'Trident A-Range' Console Strips. Vertical stylee. Instead of just the basics like volume and pan.

I def' want a solo button, and volume slider (horizontal - under the Preview Tab Waveform/MIDI display) built for the 'Preview Tab' area.

steffensen

Post by steffensen » Sat May 28, 2011 10:13 am

I cant possibly read thru all these posts, but yea.. different Low/Highcut slopes in EQ8 is a obvious update feature imo.
Sure, we have 24db slope in Autofilter, and 48db with multiband.. but it isnt not a perfect solution really.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sun May 29, 2011 3:52 pm

steffensen wrote:I cant possibly read thru all these posts, but yea.. different Low/Highcut slopes in EQ8 is a obvious update feature imo.
Sure, we have 24db slope in Autofilter, and 48db with multiband.. but it isnt not a perfect solution really.
you can make it steeper if you use more than 1 "point" on the same freq... as explained in the manual

steffensen

Post by steffensen » Sun May 29, 2011 5:42 pm

3dot... wrote:
steffensen wrote:I cant possibly read thru all these posts, but yea.. different Low/Highcut slopes in EQ8 is a obvious update feature imo.
you can make it steeper if you use more than 1 "point" on the same freq... as explained in the manual
Well, d0h. :) I know... but it aint sounding that great doing it this way. For some reason.. I do love the EQ8 otherwise, usuage-wise as well as the sound.

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Sun May 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Every mixer channel to have a fx rack like Record's mixer and the pan control to include a width control so that you can get at and see basic mix functions on all channels *without* having to dig around inside tracks chains. An easy way to do this would simply be make the first rack's (instrument, fx or drum) knobs available in a new detachable the mixer view.

Finally that will give Live a really good mixing workflow -actually better even than cubase/logic.

A full mixer view should be accessible on a second monitor with the ability to hide specific channels, thus excluding them also from control surfaces.
Nothing to see here - move along!

David Ve

Post by David Ve » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:00 pm

How about a full refund?????
;)

William

Post by William » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:09 pm

Khazul wrote:Every mixer channel to have a fx rack like Record's mixer and the pan control to include a width control so that you can get at and see basic mix functions on all channels *without* having to dig around inside tracks chains. An easy way to do this would simply be make the first rack's (instrument, fx or drum) knobs available in a new detachable the mixer view.

Finally that will give Live a really good mixing workflow -actually better even than cubase/logic.

A full mixer view should be accessible on a second monitor with the ability to hide specific channels, thus excluding them also from control surfaces.
+1 to this!
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/rimby

i7-3770K 3.5GHz
16GB RAM
256GB SSD, 1TB 7200HD

Windows 8

Live 9

nylarch

Post by nylarch » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:42 pm

Every mixer channel to have a fx rack like Record's mixer and the pan control to include a width control so that you can get at and see basic mix functions on all channels *without* having to dig around inside tracks chains. An easy way to do this would simply be make the first rack's (instrument, fx or drum) knobs available in a new detachable the mixer view.

++
MacBook Pro; Live 8 Suite, Reaktor; '77 Fender Jazz Bass; Apogee One;

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:47 am

here to resume my hopes :

- BOUNCE IN PLACE (DESTRUCTIVE MODE : to avoid freezing, flatten, un-freezing, when you must eq and comp more than 1000 sounds for sound design by exple )= MORE ERGONOMIC in the live's spirit .

- CONVOLUTION DEVICE(with a bank of impulses:reverb,eq,comp,preamp etc)

- AUTOSLICE for audio files in arrangement base on grid or transients .

- POSSIBILITY to apply a groove to some audio clips's (snippets /one shots/hits etc) sequence in arrangement like in midi:

exple : tranforming immediately an audio clips's sequence of several snippets based on a 1/16 grid in arrangement to an mpc funky'sequence just in ONE click!!!

- POSSIBILITY to edit several midi parts in ONE window nice for score composing for counterpoint .

- DNA MELODYNE STYLE KIND OF THING .

-NO MORE ISSUES with delay compensation with 3rd parties plugs .

- better waveform resolution

and of course and ever :STABILITY !

THANKS ABLETON ! :D

ps :and why not a total REFUND because between reaper and bitwig's daw ableton MUST keep the 1 st place !
Last edited by petit nuage on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.