ot : RACISM...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
knotkranky

Re: ot : RACISM...

Post by knotkranky » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:05 am

@b0unc3 - naw, I picked the wrong debate with the wrong dude is all. I'll take some of that though.

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:23 am

Android Bishop wrote:I thought we were talking about MJ now

I thought you got thrown out of the sotomayor hearings today

jsg4z

Post by jsg4z » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:59 am

speaking of MJ, is he releasing Thriller 2 The Search for Skin Grafts anytime soon?

designempire

Post by designempire » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:34 pm

As you are all aware by now, that the right wing political parties in Europe are increase in strength and popularity.
How are we going to avoid this ? The BMP ate now in EMP - More hateful poison being spread in the UK by such far right cockroaches

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:31 pm

DrXparaMental wrote: So far, neither you nor MW has offered one shred of factual information, just clique oriented opinion.
You have turned a topic about racism into your own personal anti PC/anti illegal immigration agenda. It's what you do, you take a thread an derail it into being about you. I read how you loosely tried to connect it to the original subject, and I'm not buying it.

You do it with threads on music you don't understand as well. Instead of people having a conversation about Autechre for instance, it becomes pages of posts by you explaining to them why Autechre are fakes etc. This would be interesting or even understandable if Autechre were platinum selling artists that were unavoidable, but they're not, they're a niche group with a small following, but because others like it, and you don't get anything from it, you feel a need to get into arguments on the internet with them about it. It's your right, I'm not contesting that, but I will point out that once again, the subject becomes you flaming people, and trying to gain intellectual high ground by the sheer size of your posts.
It doesn't matter how much you write about it, your opinion on the problem of illegal immigration, and your whining about how people tag you as racist unfairly is beyond shaky at best related to the topic. Simple fact is a lot of racists think illegal immigration is the #1 problem in the USA because they hate hispanic people. You side with them, and you have you accept that you're most vocal allies have a higher than average likelihood of racial tendencies. Whining about it won't change that fact, and bringing it up and getting into pages of debate with people won't change that, but it's what you do.

Anyway, again, my beef with you is simple, you think your topic is more important than the original topic, and you spend everybody's time debating you off topic, in countless threads. Every topic becomes about you, not about the subject at hand. That's why I won't generally write long replies to you, it's what you want, for the thread to become about you, and your issues. Also, I generally have better things to do with my time.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Machinesworking wrote:Simple fact is a lot of racists think illegal immigration is the #1 problem in the USA because they hate hispanic people.
How do you know this? How is it a "simple fact?" The reason I ask is because, as I stated earlier in this thread, to my mind this seems like a gross generalization that has a lot in common with the basic impulses that perpetuate prejudices based on race. And to be clear, my stance on the illegal immigration thing is that it's the law, the people hiring and the people jumping the fence are breaking the law. So if they get to do it, then I want to be able to break whatever laws I want and have people defend me for it like so many defend illegal immigrants. So I ask again, how can you actually, truly know what you are saying is true? Is it a hunch? A feeling? Have you talked to most of the people in the country who are against illegal immigration and tabulated a set of statistics? How?
Unsound Designer

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:54 pm

okay all together now... on 3...

Can't we all just get along?!

2 and a half....

Fuck it. I doubt it.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:02 pm

so how's summer treating everyone?

In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:10 pm

Racism is bad. Mmmm Kay.

Bikinis are good. Mmm Kay.

All of these multinational women got together for a picture.
um.. Thats good. Real good. Mmmm Kay?

:idea: /Thread
Mmmm Kay?

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:26 pm

stringtapper wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:Simple fact is a lot of racists think illegal immigration is the #1 problem in the USA because they hate hispanic people.
How do you know this? How is it a "simple fact?" The reason I ask is because, as I stated earlier in this thread, to my mind this seems like a gross generalization that has a lot in common with the basic impulses that perpetuate prejudices based on race. And to be clear, my stance on the illegal immigration thing is that it's the law, the people hiring and the people jumping the fence are breaking the law. So if they get to do it, then I want to be able to break whatever laws I want and have people defend me for it like so many defend illegal immigrants. So I ask again, how can you actually, truly know what you are saying is true? Is it a hunch? A feeling? Have you talked to most of the people in the country who are against illegal immigration and tabulated a set of statistics? How?
might want to read the part of his post that you quoted again, he didn't say what you think he said. he said alot of racist put alot of blame on imigration he didn't say that everyone against illegal imigration
is racist. and it is true, racist are always blaming illegal imigrants for everything it's part of their modis operandi. not supporting illegal imigration does not make you a racist, I don't support it either like i said somewhere in this monster of a thread before illegal imigration doesn't cater to equality and these days I can't support anything that doesn't cater to equality whether it's good or bad.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:31 pm

Bikinis are good. Mmmmm Kay?

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:35 pm

H20nly wrote:Bikinis are good. Mmmmm Kay?
And it's nice that they let MJ sit in the bottom left corner.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:45 pm

rmfaol... :lol:

I was seriously thinking about trying to reply with "Bikinis are good. Mmm Kay" to every post until this thread went away or I pissed enough people off to at least start a flame war about something besides racism or immigration, but what you said... thats just funny...

:twisted: you derailed my diabolical plan!

*** yells "curse you" while waiving fist and escaping in typical played out villian fashion***

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:17 pm

Incredibly funny H20nly! :lol: and Tone Deft, way to distract my normally impulsive responses.

Ahhhh...to be buried under all that brown skin and white bikinis. Everything's fine here.

You rule for that vision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now on to that miserable retch Mw... 8O

No, I'm just kidding guy. You are certainly no retch but I will state that you're high on the mind reading meter and on the low side of the intelligent facts and insight scale.

Somehow, no matter how hard you try, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and we all know who is the sow's ear here don't we. :lol:

Drop it man, you couldn't be more lost. Projecting your fear into me in the form racial hate for Hispanics and thread jacking is just plain pathetic. Game over.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:31 pm

stringtapper wrote:

Really who gives a fuck. Everyone but the Natives here were descended from or are "illegal" immigrants.

Too bad they didn't have forums to write about the crazy whites jumping off boats, raping, pillaging, forcing religion, robbing and killing. Oh, but that wasn't illegal then because the Europeans hadn't taken over yet. OOOOopsies!!