ot : RACISM...

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
DrXparaMental
Posts: 950
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:18 pm

Re: RACISM...

Post by DrXparaMental » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:20 pm

Aequitas123 wrote:
DrXparaMental wrote: HELLO!!!! I am talking the United Snakes here my man, NOT the UK. How the hell can you make a judgment call? Even so, forgive me, but you sound a little namby pamby, and frankly, that's an AWFUL thing to be. You're not into Star Trek are you?
new Star Trek is a sweet movie... what you talkin bout?!

New Trek movie is the best I have ever seen. An eleven on a scale of one to ten with respect for what I was expecting.

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: RACISM...

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:38 pm

Drx, if you lived a month out of one of these people's lives you might have slightly different perspective.

We're talking about human beings going through some pretty deep shit here, that's something that it is easy to miss when you've never experienced any real hardship in your life.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Tone Deft
Posts: 24047
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Re: RACISM...

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:45 pm

3dot... you're an ass.

Dr. X and the rest are just tools to your manipulation.
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, POD500HDX, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: RACISM...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:04 pm

Tone Deft wrote:3dot... you're an ass.

Dr. X and the rest are just tools to your manipulation.
wtf man?!
just making conversation...

DrX I think you're cool... not trying to manipulate anyone...
it's a discussion... you're free to join...
Image

DrXparaMental
Posts: 950
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:18 pm

Re: RACISM...

Post by DrXparaMental » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:08 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:Drx, if you lived a month out of one of these people's lives you might have slightly different perspective.

We're talking about human beings going through some pretty deep shit here, that's something that it is easy to miss when you've never experienced any real hardship in your life.

.lm.
This is true LM, but someone decided to take me to task by insinuating that I am a racist because of my view on illegal immigration. That's just plain horse shit.

What's that old Alvin Lee tune, "I'd Love To Charge The World"

I am certainly not denying the immense and unfair suffering that many the world over are horribly subject to. What motivated us to come here to begin with? It still gives the suffering no right to free load at my expense by not taking the correct channels to naturalize within the US. My wife did. Why can't they? I can answer this question. It's as simple as basic physical laws bare out. It's energy taking the path of least resistance.

There is no legitimate reason.

ANYONE can become a citizen here if they are willing to take a course of action that does actually involve one risk. That's the risk of disappointment.

People can yak and yak about various justifications for the actions of whomever, but when I break the law, there are NO excuses, I go to jail. Why don't they? When the IRS pops me (hypothetically) because I made an error on my tax return and I have to pay the cost with penalties, it's not their concern because 99% don't pay a dime of income tax and neither do their employers. When I get sick or when one of my children breaks a limb, I have to pay or I have my wages garnisheed, not them, their hungry, poor & tired. The tax payers can foot their bill.

I'm sorry man, it just doesn't work. Not with this F'ed system anyway. Besides, isn't there already too many people that can't take care of themselves now in this country? We certainly don;t need anymore.

Tone Deft
Posts: 24047
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Re: RACISM...

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:14 pm

3dot... wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:3dot... you're an ass.

Dr. X and the rest are just tools to your manipulation.
wtf man?!
just making conversation...

DrX I think you're cool... not trying to manipulate anyone...
it's a discussion... you're free to join...
:lol: join these guys? :lol:

not trying to manipulate anyone?? who are you trying to kid here? starting a thread like this? you tell DrX he's cool?? you're just patronizing the jackass.

I was wrong, you're hilarious, these guys falling for your troll thread are asses, some are clearly racist like DrX.
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, POD500HDX, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

DrXparaMental
Posts: 950
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:18 pm

Re: RACISM...

Post by DrXparaMental » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:18 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
3dot... wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:3dot... you're an ass.

Dr. X and the rest are just tools to your manipulation.
wtf man?!
just making conversation...

DrX I think you're cool... not trying to manipulate anyone...
it's a discussion... you're free to join...
:lol: join these guys? :lol:

not trying to manipulate anyone?? who are you trying to kid here? starting a thread like this? you tell DrX he's cool?? you're just patronizing the jackass.

I was wrong, you're hilarious, these guys falling for your troll thread are asses, some are clearly racist like DrX.
Do you like the way he trolls? He's predictable much like the weather.

MrShine
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:27 am

Re: RACISM...

Post by MrShine » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:33 pm

This was sent to me via email, interesting reading:
Michael Richards makes his point.....................Michael Richards better known as Kramer from TVs Seinfeld does make a good point..


This was his defence speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act.. He makes some very interesting points...

Someone finally said it... How many are actually paying attention to this? There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.
And then there are just Americans. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman'... and that's OK.


But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel Head, Sand-Nigger, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink .. You call me a racist.


You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you...... so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?


You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day.


You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day.


You have Yom20Hashoah. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.


You have the NAACP. You have BET... If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.


If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.


If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR, lives we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.. Wonder who pays for that??


A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant but any colour can be in the Miss America pageant.


If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships ....You know we'd be racists.


There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the U.S. Yet if there were 'White colleges', that would be a racist college.


In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.


You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.


You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug dealer
running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.


I am proud... But you call me a racist.


Why is it that only whites can be racists??

Tone Deft
Posts: 24047
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Re: RACISM...

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:34 pm

- never get involved in a land war in Asia.
- never trust a Sicilian when death is on the line.
- never get involved in hot button issues on the Ableton forum.


at least I've never done the first two. :oops:

you get it. my $0.02 is up, as you were, enjoy the conversation. ;)
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, POD500HDX, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

sublimelobc
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:30 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: RACISM...

Post by sublimelobc » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:48 pm

Sure, how about the illegal immigration issue in the united states for starters? There is positively NO thin end of the wedge. It's black and white. If you don't pay taxes, are not on a legitimate visa and are otherwise unaccounted for, GET THE FUCK OUT (no matter what race they are) because I am tired of supporting their ass.
Dx- You are forgetting that the native americans had all kinds of atrocities committed against them when your (our) immigrating ancestors went looking for a better opportunity for their families and left their more oppressive countries.
Don't tell me because I don't feel like supporting a bunch of uneducated third world country vagrants that I am a racist. This ain't no flop house my man, and there is NO free ride.
I would challenge your assertion that you are educated by the fact that you are so closed minded. Any idiot can graduate from high school in the US, all it takes is being foolish enough to be present every day to accomplish that much.
If you haven't made it to the point in this life where you pay taxes (and not just get a refund), you vote and you support others as well as yourself, you wouldn't have a clue, nor would I expect you to.
Most illegals would gladly pay taxes if provided the opportunity to reside and work legally. I'm guessing that you would have less tax evasion from such illegals than you would from many die hard chest thumping americans.
Intolerance is assuredly justified as long as it's qualified with hard logic. You should only get out, what you put in. Claiming that you do a bunch of jobs that no one else is willing to is an excuse I am sick to death of hearing. Who did the jobs prior?
I would more appropriately change your quote to "Intolerance is assuredly justified as long as it's qualified with fuzzy logic". That sounds like a more honest interpretation of the closed minded/xenophobic or possibly worse logic you are using. It really blows my mind that so many americans believe that the "american dream" and the "land of opportunity" only applies to their ancestors, never applied to the native americans, and shouldn't apply to anybody outside our borders.

True there needs to be some sort of order and law in immigration....if you work here you should pay taxes and not depend on the system, a more liberal policy will achieve that goal quicker than copying the Chinese and building a wall will. (Besides if we deport 15 million illegal mexicans, would there be anybody left still qualified or willing to build such a wall?)
Pay the same price that our forefathers did. Fight your own battles and stop depending on us to bail your ass out when you don;t have the balls to pay the price that we already have.
Finally, amen to that and something we can agree on! (partly) If only we would let the rest of the world take care of their own problems rather than forcing our will onto them.

Aequitas123
Posts: 1204
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:58 pm

Re: RACISM...

Post by Aequitas123 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:03 pm

Tone, are you bored at work too?

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: RACISM...

Post by H20nly » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:06 pm

I grew up in South Texas right by the Mexican border. I got picked on all through school for being white. I had to fight and I had to keep my mouth shut or risk fighting more... I was the minority.

My mother and (biological) father are from the U.K. When my mother left my step dad and I was about 11 or 12 years old. We moved to the U.K. where in that enviroment I was picked on for being a Yank. No where near as bad, but singled out none-the-less.

In 1996 I got arrested in Mobile Alabama when I was passing through with 12 pounds of weed. I got thrown in jail then prison for 3 years that were predominately filled with blacks. I understand what it is like to be descriminated against because of my skin color for above mentioned reasons. So, when the Arian Brotherhood wanted me to join their cause, I rode alone. This of course caused the whites to alienate me too. As a group it was actually the Muslims in prison who were the most noble and understanding of all who I came across.

Racism is a double edged sword and there are a lot of things that Americans of all colors forget. One of the things that bothers me most about a lot of Hip-Hop music that you see on TV is that the same fucker who is talking down about whites and talking up "his" people is wearing a big Diamond ear ring. Where did that diamond come from? What mine and under what conditions? Also, not all slaves were "stolen" from their homes by whites which is the common accusation. Many of them were purchased from blacks who sold them because they had captured them as the spoils of war.

My forefathers are long gone. Who were they. I don't know. Could I be different? - Indeed.

Racism is a crutch that has become a kickstand.

sublimelobc
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:30 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: RACISM...

Post by sublimelobc » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:08 pm

Tone Deft wrote:- never get involved in a land war in Asia.
- never trust a Sicilian when death is on the line.
- never get involved in hot button issues on the Ableton forum.


at least I've never done the first two. :oops:

you get it. my $0.02 is up, as you were, enjoy the conversation. ;)
This is one of those "20/20 hindsight" moments for me. ;)
It's just that some nonsense causes a knee jerk reaction if you aren't careful!

Tone Deft
Posts: 24047
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Re: RACISM...

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:16 pm

Aequitas123 wrote:Tone, are you bored at work too?
actually, today no. I gots troubles to deal with. I was ranting before I even got to work, should have never come in.
sublimelobc wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:- never get involved in a land war in Asia.
- never trust a Sicilian when death is on the line.
- never get involved in hot button issues on the Ableton forum.


at least I've never done the first two. :oops:

you get it. my $0.02 is up, as you were, enjoy the conversation. ;)
This is one of those "20/20 hindsight" moments for me. ;)
It's just that some nonsense causes a knee jerk reaction if you aren't careful!
totally.

I dedicate this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jufT3v1roaU
to those moments.
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, POD500HDX, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

Sage
Posts: 1102
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:16 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: RACISM...

Post by Sage » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:33 pm

DrXparaMental wrote:
leisuremuffin wrote:Drx, if you lived a month out of one of these people's lives you might have slightly different perspective.

We're talking about human beings going through some pretty deep shit here, that's something that it is easy to miss when you've never experienced any real hardship in your life.

.lm.
This is true LM, but someone decided to take me to task by insinuating that I am a racist because of my view on illegal immigration. That's just plain horse shit.

What's that old Alvin Lee tune, "I'd Love To Charge The World"

I am certainly not denying the immense and unfair suffering that many the world over are horribly subject to. What motivated us to come here to begin with? It still gives the suffering no right to free load at my expense by not taking the correct channels to naturalize within the US. My wife did. Why can't they? I can answer this question. It's as simple as basic physical laws bare out. It's energy taking the path of least resistance.

There is no legitimate reason.

ANYONE can become a citizen here if they are willing to take a course of action that does actually involve one risk. That's the risk of disappointment.

People can yak and yak about various justifications for the actions of whomever, but when I break the law, there are NO excuses, I go to jail. Why don't they? When the IRS pops me (hypothetically) because I made an error on my tax return and I have to pay the cost with penalties, it's not their concern because 99% don't pay a dime of income tax and neither do their employers. When I get sick or when one of my children breaks a limb, I have to pay or I have my wages garnisheed, not them, their hungry, poor & tired. The tax payers can foot their bill.

I'm sorry man, it just doesn't work. Not with this F'ed system anyway. Besides, isn't there already too many people that can't take care of themselves now in this country? We certainly don;t need anymore.
Illegal immigrants can't freeload though, otherwise they get caught out. Your views aren't based on reality.

Post Reply