ot : RACISM...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
brightonalex

Re: ot : RACISM...

Post by brightonalex » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:34 pm

You're brain tank is on empty.
"your". Retard.

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:36 pm

its really pathetic this thread is still going

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:51 pm

stringtapper wrote:
elxicano wrote:
stringtapper wrote: The point of that statement is directed exactly at the kind of sentiment you posed in your statement here:

"Yeah, I would be puzzled how a comment containing, "Violence will solve somebody's problems in the end... The cop right now has the weaponry needed to make some things I would like to do enforceably illegal." could be misconstrued???"

Simply put, it was misconstrued. Plus I actually had already explained what I meant in my answer to you here:

"I was merely pointing out that he who has the big guns is the one who makes the law. It was true for the European settlers, and it's still true for our government today."

This was in response to your facetious statement that "it wasn't illegal because the Europeans weren't here yet." I am saying that violence solved the colonists' "problem" of the natives. Certainly you concur, correct? I mean you believe that this land was taken from the natives by force? By violence? Right? All I was doing was stating that that violence worked and continues to work in the current laws and how they are enforced. I can't break laws I might like to without some kind of violence coming down on me (incarceration, perhaps death if I choose to fight back etc.).

So in admitting that you don't see how my comments could be misconstrued you are revealing a prejudice in some way. You were expecting that I meant something that I did not, and it guided your interpretation of what I said. Bear in mind that I'm using the term "prejudice" in its strictest definition. Some prejudices can be good in fact (e.g. don't jump over the tiger's fence at the zoo, because you've learned to prejudge tigers as being wild animals that will may kill you). And as I said prejudices often stem from reactionary tendencies, even the good ones (e.g. I put my hand on the stove and it was hot and I had a reaction [pain], so later I carry that reactionary response to not touch a stove, but that doesn't mean that every stove I encounter will be hot).

Summing up, I want to be able to break the law and have those who support illegal immigrants support me as well. You say "illegal" means nothing because in your mind the colonists taking the land from the natives was "illegal." I'm saying that in the real world and in how history actually plays out, that what is "illegal" is determined by the one who has the power. So the power that enabled the Europeans to determine that what they were doing was not illegal, is the same power that today let's "the man" determine what is illegal. So the overall point to that is to say that it's futile to discuss what should or should not be considered illegal because it will always be determined by the power factor.

All I'm saying about illegal immigration is that if it's going to be illegal then why the hell are we not going to enforce it, when I can break another law and it will get enforced? Enforce them all, or forget them all and let anything go; undocumented border crossing, theft, polygamy, cannibalism, whatever. Let it all be fair game.
You don't read well do you.

I will rephrase the former post for you.

Simply put, you could have said I misunderstood you, but yet you start with all this bullshit about my prejudices predetermining my interpretation.

No that is not correct. I misinterpreted your post based on what I read, nothing more.

You saying that was not correct would have been sufficient. Really, what is the rest of your ranting worth, when it was a simple misunderstanding.

What's worse is YOUR reactionary and accusatory post, while pointing out hypocritically an individual's tendency to jump to conclusions.

If I need to rephrase this yet another time, just let me know.
Ok you're obviously taking this personally and hurling insults now so I'm bowing out of this. I refuse to engage in ad hominem and debate based on emotion. Peace.
You are REALLY a better man than me in the dignity dept. Stringtapper, I should have done the same, but it's the Irish side of the mutt that is me that gets the better of me. I suck at turning the cheek and maybe it's me that should work on a thicker skin.

(and all the people replied, "ya think?")

No more distraction from me in this thread. I tried this once but failed. :oops:

I also want to apologize to the member whom I offended with the retarded reference. I certainly meant non whatsoever. Starving Student's MJ comment was just so ridiculously inept that I couldn't think of a better way to put across it's absurd nature than the funny picture I supplied. I will do my best to refrain from that type of reference hence forth.

Incidentally, I'm a mechanic/retail automobile repair professional by trade and think of "retarded" on a regular basis as that which ignition timing is descriptively subject to. IE. aberrantly slowed down. The term "retarded" most definitely has a legitimate adjective meaning and application apart from a sole reference to the mentally handicapped.

Despite this self perceived programmed desensitivity to the term, I meant you no offense and duly apologize for that unintentional insult to you and yours.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:15 pm

DrXparaMental wrote:
ROTFLMAO!!!! What a weak kneed and a thin skinned puss you are. I really didn't anticipate much more than what you have offered in response here, but thanks for the laugh anyhow.

If you can't win an INTELLIGENT debate, resort to being as childishly insulting as possible and become the next "I wanna get bitch slapped" poster child. :lol:

From what I have heard of your mad skillz via soundcloud eldorko, your talent bank is in broke piggy bank mode as well.
Seriously cut the bullshit. You started a conversation with insults and this is what you got in return, so don't start claiming different now because it makes you look like a hypocrite with a selective memory.

You want to have an impersonal debate, or even just a intelligent conversation I'm all for it.

You set the tone of our initial interactions, why not do it again and lead by example, unless an intelligent debate or conversation is not what you truly want.

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:32 pm

elxicano wrote:
DrXparaMental wrote:
ROTFLMAO!!!! What a weak kneed and a thin skinned puss you are. I really didn't anticipate much more than what you have offered in response here, but thanks for the laugh anyhow.

If you can't win an INTELLIGENT debate, resort to being as childishly insulting as possible and become the next "I wanna get bitch slapped" poster child. :lol:

From what I have heard of your mad skillz via soundcloud eldorko, your talent bank is in broke piggy bank mode as well.
Seriously cut the bullshit. You started a conversation with insults and this is what you got in return, so don't start claiming different now because it makes you look like a hypocrite with a selective memory.

You want to have an impersonal debate, or even just a intelligent conversation I'm all for it.

You set the tone of our initial interactions, why not do it again and lead by example, unless an intelligent debate or conversation is not what you truly want.
I have to end this because I made a promise to, so no more. I'm certain there will be other opportunities on the forum for us to discuss issues. None more here in this thread.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:40 pm

DrXparaMental wrote: I have to end this because I made a promise to, so no more. I'm certain there will be other opportunities on the forum for us to discuss issues. None more here in this thread.
Alright... but how about one more promise.

The next time you and I debate or disagree, you and I can keep it on subject... no insults. We don't have to agree, just stay civil since as it appears you have an interest in "intelligent" debate and if that is true, then we share common ground in having a similar interest.

I can definitely keep my end of the promise.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:09 pm

Imaulle

Post by Imaulle » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:06 am

Most of the racial problems in America, or at least in my town, aren't about race at all. A lot of people that I know "hate" black people... but they don't really hate them for the color of their skin.. they hate them for being gangsters and criminals.. and it sucks that's how a lot of black people are in America.. I know a few black people who are really good & kind people. they were raised almost as well as I was (I came from a very wealthy family) it's just the other large % that fuck it up. so I guess I'm saying its stupid to hate someone for the color of their skin, but ok to hate the thugs & ganstas and that whole culture? I dono I'm really high..

gaijin1717

Post by gaijin1717 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:42 am

Imaulle wrote:Most of the racial problems in America, or at least in my town, aren't about race at all. A lot of people that I know "hate" black people... but they don't really hate them for the color of their skin.. they hate them for being gangsters and criminals.
I'd be willing to bet that they hate black "gangsters and criminals" more than they hate white "gangsters and criminals." I'd also be willing to wager that they would more likely assume that a black person is a "gangster" or "criminal" than a white person.
Imaulle wrote:I dono I'm really high..
If you smoke weed (and don't get me wrong - I'm not knocking it) then technically, in the eyes of the law, you too are a criminal. Do you think these people hate you too? Do you think they hate you as much as they hate a black criminal?
Imaulle wrote:I know a few black people who are really good & kind people. they were raised almost as well as I was (I came from a very wealthy family) it's just the other large % that fuck it up.
Wow. I got nothin'.

A lot of people put far to much importance on race. On the other hand, you can't just take race out of the equation when you're looking at how people view and treat others. It's convenient, but it's not really honest, imo.

I think that most people, in general, who proclaim to the world that they are not racist are usually very much racists. I think that we all are to a certain degree. It can't be helped. It's the people that acknowledge and confront those thoughts that enter your mind - even just for a moment - and then learn from them, that are the least racist of all.

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:10 am

that's a convenient concept to espouse but racism is learned it is not biological, I confront it everyday
and I am not racist cause I never learned to be, on the contrary I learned just the opposite.

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:11 am

Imaulle wrote:Most of the racial problems in America, or at least in my town, aren't about race at all. A lot of people that I know "hate" black people... but they don't really hate them for the color of their skin.. they hate them for being gangsters and criminals.. and it sucks that's how a lot of black people are in America.. I know a few black people who are really good & kind people. they were raised almost as well as I was (I came from a very wealthy family) it's just the other large % that fuck it up. so I guess I'm saying its stupid to hate someone for the color of their skin, but ok to hate the thugs & ganstas and that whole culture? I dono I'm really high..

trust me when I say that is not weed you are smoking :!:

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:12 am

Drx no offence taken my man I knew you wouldn't understand.

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:14 am

hurlingdervish wrote:its really pathetic this thread is still going

well it's not like there's no such thing as racism anymore.

gaijin1717

Post by gaijin1717 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:31 am

starving student wrote:that's a convenient concept to espouse but racism is learned it is not biological, I confront it everyday
and I am not racist cause I never learned to be, on the contrary I learned just the opposite.
Where did I say it was biological? I did not intend to insult you with my post.

What I meant was that people that understand racism is learned and environmental - it's a little
different wherever you go - and bullshit, I think those are the least racist of us all. If that's you, well great.

Dexes

Re: RACISM...

Post by Dexes » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:38 am

Just Started reading this thread and I'm only up to page 3 of 33 so please excuse me if this has allready been pointed out but...
DrXparaMental wrote:Pay the same price that our forefathers did. Fight your own battles and stop depending on us to bail your ass out when you don;t have the balls to pay the price that we already have.
You seriously must be kidding!!! you want the current (illegal) immegrants to pay the same price and fight ("their own") battles like your forefathers???

So basicly you're saying they should come to your country, take your land, slaughter everyone (including women & childeren) bringing the existing population close to and beyond extinction????? 8O 8O 8O