Roland space echo nearest free plug in

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
rompling
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Location: Brighton Uk

Roland space echo nearest free plug in

Post by rompling » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:38 pm

Anyone know and vouch for a free plug in (vst) thats like the leg roland space echo I know theres an official one from UAD but you need a card
many thanks
Pc Dual core 3gb Ram Live 8 ,Reason 4, Novation X station Akai MPC1000 Novation Nio2/4 M Audio BX 5 Korg Zero 8 Novation Nocturn & Launchpad
Been on live since version 2 but ableton forum has somehow only had me down as a user since 08 doh !

mr.adl
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Roland space echo nearest free plug in

Post by mr.adl » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:45 pm

No free but pretty cheap is this one:
http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=26

For free check out the Bionic Delay:
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/892.html

glitchrock-buddha
Posts: 4357
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:29 am
Location: The Ableton Live Forum

Re: Roland space echo nearest free plug in

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:15 pm

There is also this free Echo unit emulation of the same era:
http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=36

Not based on the roland space echo, but it's free.
Professional Shark Jumper.

oblique strategies
Posts: 3580
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: Another Green World

Re: Roland space echo nearest free plug in

Post by oblique strategies » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:38 pm

mr.adl wrote:No free but pretty cheap is this one:
http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=26
I can vouch for this one too. Very nice, & inexpensive. Well worth the price.

glitchrock-buddha wrote:There is also this free Echo unit emulation of the same era:
http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=36
Not based on the roland space echo, but it's free.
Not a lot of adjustable parameters, plus the tape-grunge/background hum build up gets pretty bad pretty fast, which requires resetting frequently.

Nod
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:18 pm

Re: Roland space echo nearest free plug in

Post by Nod » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:15 pm

Another good freebie:

http://p1.rocks.it/

Goran@Irrupt
Posts: 565
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:18 pm
Location: Belgrade
Contact:

Re: Roland space echo nearest free plug in

Post by Goran@Irrupt » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:36 pm

I have Boss RE-20 pedal. Love it!
I also happen to know that The Bug and Kode 9 use it as well. ;)

edit: I know it's not free, but it's a nice investment...
http://www.irrupt.com ? Irrupt Studios / A&R


Homebelly
Posts: 2887
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Roland space echo nearest free plug in

Post by Homebelly » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:38 am

15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

UnCL0NED
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:43 am
Location: Latitude: 52° 4' 60 N, Longitude: 4° 17' 60 E

Re: Roland space echo nearest free plug in

Post by UnCL0NED » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:44 am

If you're just in it for the Dubby delays... You can get very nice results with the standard effects in Live.

Check out this very nice video tutorial by the Covert Ops:
http://www.thecovertoperators.org/Videos/dub-delays
soundcloud
"everything you read on the internet is true!"

Goran@Irrupt
Posts: 565
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:18 pm
Location: Belgrade
Contact:

Re: Roland space echo nearest free plug in

Post by Goran@Irrupt » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:53 am

erm... he was asking for an (space) echo. not a delay.
really not the same thing. this space echo has a built in reverb. which you can recognize in a lot of dub tunes...
anyway, some great recommendations i've found here. :D
http://www.irrupt.com ? Irrupt Studios / A&R

mr.adl
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Roland space echo nearest free plug in

Post by mr.adl » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:41 am

UnCL0NED wrote:If you're just in it for the Dubby delays... You can get very nice results with the standard effects in Live.

Check out this very nice video tutorial by the Covert Ops:
http://www.thecovertoperators.org/Videos/dub-delays

Cooo!, Haven´t watched that video in a while and totally forgot about it. :D

UnCL0NED
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:43 am
Location: Latitude: 52° 4' 60 N, Longitude: 4° 17' 60 E

Re: Roland space echo nearest free plug in

Post by UnCL0NED » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:12 am

WebSite! wrote:erm... he was asking for an (space) echo. not a delay.
really not the same thing. this space echo has a built in reverb. which you can recognize in a lot of dub tunes...
I realize that Space Echo is not the same as a Delay... I was just mentioning this tutorial to show how to get that dubby vibe, cheap!
Put a reverb in the chain if that's what you want.

Get creative! :wink:

This tutorial helped me out a lot, anyhow!
soundcloud
"everything you read on the internet is true!"

Goran@Irrupt
Posts: 565
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:18 pm
Location: Belgrade
Contact:

Re: Roland space echo nearest free plug in

Post by Goran@Irrupt » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:39 am

UnCL0NED wrote:
WebSite! wrote:erm... he was asking for an (space) echo. not a delay.
really not the same thing. this space echo has a built in reverb. which you can recognize in a lot of dub tunes...
I realize that Space Echo is not the same as a Delay... I was just mentioning this tutorial to show how to get that dubby vibe, cheap!
Put a reverb in the chain if that's what you want.

Get creative! :wink:

This tutorial helped me out a lot, anyhow!
i wasn't talking about your post. i just noticed people were posting links for delays, that's all.
that tutorial is great, btw! thanks.
http://www.irrupt.com ? Irrupt Studios / A&R

UnCL0NED
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:43 am
Location: Latitude: 52° 4' 60 N, Longitude: 4° 17' 60 E

Re: Roland space echo nearest free plug in

Post by UnCL0NED » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:06 pm

No Worries :D
soundcloud
"everything you read on the internet is true!"

Swordfish
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:12 am

Re: Roland space echo nearest free plug in

Post by Swordfish » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:05 pm

I have a couple of different roland space echoes...they are definitely delays. Some of them have a reverb unit in them too.

Tape echo is one of those things the current digital emulations don't seem to get close imho...everything else analog seems to be really closely emulated but tape is hard.... I think ohmboys is the closest thing to my tape echo. It has a pretty good saturated feel to the echoes. Having said that I often prefer the sound of the plugins to my real space echoes! The echoes are always in sync which is nice.

Post Reply