Euphonix users and their Live setup

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
weedywhizz

Euphonix users and their Live setup

Post by weedywhizz » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:28 am

Hi,

I'm trying to get the most out of Live with my Euphonix Artist pack (MC Control & MC Mix).

At least I am able to control the first 8 tracks and their mute, solo and pan fuctions in Mackie Control Mode.

Now what about the plugins? Is there any possibility to get my VST's knobs & sliders automapped to MC-Control/MC-Mix as it already works in Logic 8. Or does it all depend on Live's lack of Eucon support?

I'm a bit depressed as my Faderfoxes doesn't work properly due to a bug in Live 8 which I already reported but didn't get an answer for 10 days yet from Ableton. I wrote approx. 8 mails and no response! That's what I call a bad support.
Now some more troubles with the Euphonix controllers. No fine working Faderfoxes with Live - No fine working Euphonix controllers with Live. Maybe a strategy from Ableton to only give full support of their own controllers.

Anyway. How do you guys have set up their Euphonix controllers with Live to get the most out of them?

hmj

Re: Euphonix users and their Live setup

Post by hmj » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:21 am

You simply can't get the most out of it without Eucon which Ableton doesn't support. The most feature rich and advanced DAW on the market IMO, but missing support for the most powerful protocol. HUGE shortcoming for Live devotees.

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:42 am

All work and no Eucon support makes Jack a dull boy. Please add your names: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=83445
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:17 am

weedywhizz wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to get the most out of Live with my Euphonix Artist pack (MC Control & MC Mix).

At least I am able to control the first 8 tracks and their mute, solo and pan fuctions in Mackie Control Mode.

Now what about the plugins? Is there any possibility to get my VST's knobs & sliders automapped to MC-Control/MC-Mix as it already works in Logic 8. Or does it all depend on Live's lack of Eucon support?

I'm a bit depressed as my Faderfoxes doesn't work properly due to a bug in Live 8 which I already reported but didn't get an answer for 10 days yet from Ableton. I wrote approx. 8 mails and no response! That's what I call a bad support.
Now some more troubles with the Euphonix controllers. No fine working Faderfoxes with Live - No fine working Euphonix controllers with Live. Maybe a strategy from Ableton to only give full support of their own controllers.

Anyway. How do you guys have set up their Euphonix controllers with Live to get the most out of them?

What faderfoxes are you having issues with? I've been using mine with Live for years, no issues in 8.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com