This is a Max/MSP patch that will convert your APC40's MIDI message into the Monome's OSC protocol. Basically it allows you to use Monome applications with your APC40 by converting the top 8 rows of the button Matrix into a Monome 40h/64. Source is included, please modify and hack as you wish.VideosTeaser!
improved a bit. check it out again!Video 1 - Setting Up/Configuring the MonomulatorVideo 2 - Using the MonomulatorDownload
This is a free download for all registered TrackTeam users. Go to: http://www.trackteamaudio.com/#3
and login to downloadUpdated!
- added ability to toggle between Monome emulator Mode and Default APC40 mode
- Added MIDI slider page
- Added MIDI Keyboard Page
- Added Tutorial videos
- fixed issue with not being able to change the receive port.
- MIDI ports are now saved automatically.
- fixed some harmless error messages.
I've tested it with lots of apps and all seem to work fine. Head over to http://www.monome.org
and grab some apps.
Big thanks to the Monome community for all of the love.
Big Ups to Dubspot
for the Inspiration and the APC40 loanWhat You need:
Max 5 runtime
Live 7.15 or above
Monome apps to control
A bit of patience and persistenceYou do not need Max For Live for this app to workLinksMonome discussion board
Lots of good information to get started with Monome appsMonome Wiki and App download area
Known Issues -
1. Most of the Monome's OSC protocol has been implemented. The only thing's i haven't implemented is [Frame] and [sys] messages. No App i have tried uses [Frame], so I don't think its a big deal. Also, Ive heard its broken in Monomeserial. [sys] doesn't effect the use of any apps, so it's not a top priority for this app. I plan on implementing [sys] for a later version.2. Ive noticed that sometimes the APC40 changes the MIDI messages it sends out, mostly for the stop clips and Track Select Rows . I don't know how or why this happens. Ive have "reset" the APC40 to its default MIDI messages by going into Live, selecting the APC as a control surface and then deselecting it as a control surface. If you notice something not working right with the Monome App you are using, try this. Maybe if someone figures out why this happens please let me know.