The only way to beat a hangover..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
slatepipe

Re: The only way to beat a hangover..

Post by slatepipe » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:56 pm

hangovers - pah

you need a big mug of strong tea and a bacon sandwich with mayonnaise and tomato, then something sweet like maybe a massive slice of carrot cake. wash it down with about 4 expressos and you should be ok. that'll get you through to about 4 or 5pm when its ok to crack a botle of wine open and get a bifter together :D

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:00 pm

slatepipe wrote:hangovers - pah

you need a big mug of strong tea and a bacon sandwich with mayonnaise and tomato, then something sweet like maybe a massive slice of carrot cake. wash it down with about 4 expressos and you should be ok. that'll get you through to about 4 or 5pm when its ok to crack a botle of wine open and get a bifter together :D
O MAH LAWD...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Edit- BLT!

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:08 pm

Only pussies get hangovers!

:D

Hd

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:12 pm

heavensdaw wrote:Only pussies get hangovers!

Hd
Shut up bitch! Really though, some people don't get hangovers! Are you one of them?

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:23 pm

liveISlife wrote:

Hd
some people don't get hangovers! Are you one of them?
Me?

Ow!

Does that answer your question? :)

Man, I'm such a wimp that I have been know to 'nurse one' for way over the international 'norm' :roll:

Why does all the good tasty shit in life, fuck you up so bad :cry:

Hd

continuous

Post by continuous » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:45 pm

Smoke a j... that help's me more than anything really. Too bad I'm always outta.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:49 pm

Hd

+1

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:56 pm

ice in the drinks eases the pain.

real men get 4 day hangovers and shut up about it.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:17 am

Tone Deft wrote:real men get 4 day hangovers and shut up about it.
god DAM your eloquent bro. I was thinking of a way to put this but you just put it there. Respect, respect. *slaps on back, offers you a cig and if you would like a drink(on me of course)*

Jacqueslacouth

Post by Jacqueslacouth » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:25 am

Keep your liver working hard...I recommend a filthy fry up of bangers, bacon, steak, mushies, tomato, eggs, chips with mountains of salt, tomato sauce and fried bread (in lard). lots of strong coffee, nurofen, panadol and codeine in liberal doses.

Then when the Old Ball and Chain comes through asking if we are feeling dusty with an evil glint in her eye, put on your brightest face and calmly state that you are absolutely fine because you only had x number of drinks ( x=a-15, where a= the actual amount of drinks you had.)

ALSO, remember to keep the missus away from the recycling until the empties are suitably covered..

Gatorade helps as well (even better with vodka)

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:38 am

Jacqueslacouth wrote:( x=a-15, where a= the actual amount of drinks you had.)
Utter genius.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:41 am

I am quite an experienced drinker, so I think I can help here:

first of all, drink a little water throughout your drinking night.

when you wake up drink some water, some gatorade too, and eat a multivitamin and a banana. it also couldn't hurt to eat a spoonfull of salt to help you retain some water. you'll be perfectly fine in 20 minutes or less. once you're feeling better you're gonna want to get some real food in you, I recommend something fatty. I don't know why, but fatty food always does the trick.

what your body needs most is vitamin B, for instance when you go to the hospital with alcohol poisoning they are gonna give you whats called a banana bag. which is basically just saline and vitamin B.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Jacqueslacouth

Post by Jacqueslacouth » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:58 am

Johnisfaster wrote: when you go to the hospital with alcohol poisoning they are gonna give you whats called a banana bag. which is basically just saline and vitamin B.
Exactly, Alcohol poisoning I discovered recently is what I term a really fucking BAD hangover. You know the ones, uncontrollable vomiting, headache so bad you actually bash your head against the wall, creeping skin feeling, hot flushes, tremors.....

funny how the missus gets a hangover every time I am feeling amorous.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:10 am

when you wake up in the morning, it's probably OK to wear the same pants as last night provided you didn't fall down. try not to throw up when you bend over to pick them up. if you're lucky they're over the end of the bed. start scouting for a clean shirt now so you can hang it in the shower to freshen it up. the worse you feel the better you should dress, people will overlook any signs of wear from last night. when showering just hit the hot spots, the armpits, crotch and feet. run COLD water on the face to minimize the bags under your eyes and just try to keep moving, don't dawdle. you're already late for work but it's not a beauty contest you just need to hide the evidence. fuck shaving. remember you might still be drunk, so be careful when driving to work, leave the windows down, radio off (not like you need the noise.) once you get to work, leave your coat, backpack, whatever in the car so when you're walking around people think you just got out of a meeting, not rolling in an hour late. if you can, bring a piece of paper with you and walk hurredly, people won't stop you to talk. get to the computer, turn it on, immediately open a work-type application, if you don't work at a computer, make your work are look 'used' for the morning, now go find water, coffee, gatorade, Red Bull, whatever. it's only a few hours until lunch, if that, plan on an 11:30 lunch. chances are someone won't look for you for 15 minutes, 11:45 is an OK time for lunch, it's just a little early. now go get your backpack, coat and whatever. you have one hour, maybe more, USE THAT TIME. eat a good meal, sleep it off in the car. buy gum, to cover the alcohol breath and the smell leaching from your pores. just like leaving early for lunch, see how late you can go back as if you left late. if questioned, tell them you had a dentists appointment, took a friend to the airport/hospital/whatever, you did some 'life stuff' at lunch rather than during work hours, you're a hero, not a slacker! now it's later in the afternoon. keep moving, 'work' for 20-30 minutes at a time, spaced apart by walks in the fresh air. hydrate/eat/sleep in the car as necessary. try not to watch the clock. one trick is to get a screensaver for the computer that changes every 15 minutes. take snapshots of desktops with different applications open. when your computer sleeps, the screen saver goes up, when people see your computer they think they missed you since the desktop changed and it's not sleeping. on your way home decide if it's hair of the dog and night in the doghouse. repeat as necessary.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:02 am

Hd

+2