Bugfix update Live 8.0.4 is available!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
williamhue

Re: Bugfix update Live 8.0.4 is available!

Post by williamhue » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:46 am

i carry out several different operations such as loading in vsts or changing folder loacations. Im totally confused, Ive payed for this program and cant even use it while there are probably many people out there with illegal versions that are working fine for them.

Thanks

Guri

cctv systems
cctv security cameras

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:52 am

weedywhizz wrote:Wonderful to see they fix APC problems so quickly.

What about users of other controllers? Less support for users of other brands now cos Ableton like to sell theit own stuff?

Might this also be the reason for not providing an industry standart eucon protocol?

What about a high quality controller with motordriven faders and a display AND support for Logic and other apps?

No - I will not switch my controllers for using Live. I'll switch Live to use my controllers.

Will wait till V9. If there are still no plans of supporting Eucon or even support controllers made for Live like Faderfox completely and bug free I'll definetly switch. Already learning Logic. Never used a DAW which FULLY supports Eucon.

For now Live for me is just a Excel-Sheet to fire clips and do a bit of FX. Why? Bad controller support.
Anyway just for firing clips Live is overpriced. Except you fell in love with your computer mouse.
williamhue wrote:What about users of other controllers? Less support for users of other brands now cos Ableton like to sell theit own stuff?

Might this also be the reason for not providing an industry standart eucon protocol?

What about a high quality controller with motordriven faders and a display AND support for Logic and other apps?

No - I will not switch my controllers for using Live. I'll switch Live to use my controllers.

Will wait till V9. If there are still no plans of supporting Eucon or even support controllers made for Live like Faderfox completely and bug free I'll definetly switch. Already learning Logic. Never used a DAW which FULLY supports Eucon.

Regards & Thanks

controlling blood sugar
how to lower blood sugar

Twin bots. Somewhere somebody is getting paid to post drivel on this forum.

gosinisha

Post by gosinisha » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:03 pm

somebody said -
The only software that has ever messed up on me is the stuff I've payed for. :lol:

completely agree-i had the same thing with cubase untill i got rid of the licence.after was ok.but i have to supprise you.with 8.0.4 i do not have any issues at all.completely stable.all working on vista64 on edirol fa66 audiocard and all the plugins work well too.same like on live 7.all legal copies.i must admit that at the time i purchased upgrade i did not have any issues also with 8.0.3. bravo ableton,great job! love your soft!
thinkpadT520/win7.64/studioONE2/firefaceUC/akaiMPKmini/VSTinstruments/sampleCDs

lukas412

Post by lukas412 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:36 pm

aleme wrote:I experience massive audio clicks with projects which haven´t clicked before.
I get the same thing. Same settings in both and 8 clicks like hell. Lame. Was just about to upgrade. Also this is with the default project loaded and just using the test in preferences. In 7 no clicks at all. In 8 tons of clicks.

Luke

musicmachine

Post by musicmachine » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:56 am

hoffman2k wrote:
weedywhizz wrote:Wonderful to see they fix APC problems so quickly.

What about users of other controllers? Less support for users of other brands now cos Ableton like to sell theit own stuff?

For now Live for me is just a Excel-Sheet to fire clips and do a bit of FX. Why? Bad controller support.
Anyway just for firing clips Live is overpriced. Except you fell in love with your computer mouse.
williamhue wrote:What about users of other controllers? Less support for users of other brands now cos Ableton like to sell theit own stuff?

Regards & Thanks

controlling blood sugar
how to lower blood sugar

Twin bots. Somewhere somebody is getting paid to post drivel on this forum.
Wait, you can get paid to post drivel on this forum? Where do i sign up? :P
Dell Inspiron 1525|Live 8.03|Akai MPC1000|Waldorf Blofeld||NI AK1|Event TR8s|

gdorworth

Post by gdorworth » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:54 pm

What are the procedures to update Live 8 Suite 8.01 to Live 8 Suite 8.04 without losing the boat load of content already installed? Why is there not a readme file with installation documentation for your updates? I have been afraid to update to 8.02, 8.03 or 8.04 for lack of documentation. My main concern or misconception is that your updates install in a new directory and do not update the currently installed product. Is that assumption correct? Any link to FAQ's on update procedures would be helpful.

Regards,
Gordon
i7 920 2.67GHz, ASUS P6T Deluxe, 6GB OCZ DDR3, ATI Radeon 4350, 500GB & 1.5TB SATA, 03 Rack+, WIN XP SP3

musicmachine

Post by musicmachine » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:55 pm

I don't know about the suite but Live usually asks if you want to add, keep or replace the library content when installing an update.
Dell Inspiron 1525|Live 8.03|Akai MPC1000|Waldorf Blofeld||NI AK1|Event TR8s|

catflap

Post by catflap » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:50 pm

Just installed 8.0.4 to upgrade from 8.0.1

Still really sluggish on the GUI front

new project - moving the loop brace slows down the whole interface

activity monitor cpu goes mental

OSX 10.4.11

open up Live 7 - no problem at all

I just want a stable version of live that includes the ablity to change track inputs on serveral tracks at once with the grouping function.
when will this be a reality :(

astroschnautzer

Post by astroschnautzer » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:48 am

I`m not really sure if this is the right place to post this but I found a "bug" or a "feature thats missing" wich annoys my workflow abit:e the simplers default preset wont open up when you load samples into drumrack, it works fine if you open it normally to a track but not if you drag a sample to drumrack.

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:22 am

astroschnautzer wrote:I`m not really sure if this is the right place to post this but I found a "bug" or a "feature thats missing" wich annoys my workflow abit:e the simplers default preset wont open up when you load samples into drumrack, it works fine if you open it normally to a track but not if you drag a sample to drumrack.
Hi,

I'd suggest you inspect the "Default presets" folder closely, in the Library folder, and also read the manual page 217, which describes exactly what you're after.

Basically, there's a separate default preset for when dropping samples onto a Drum Rack.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

astroschnautzer

Post by astroschnautzer » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:43 pm

:oops: Thatks for the answer.

eliteforce

Post by eliteforce » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:44 am

A 'bugfix' is the wrong phrase I'm afraid. They need to get pest control in, put Live 8 _down_ & out of it's misery and get an L9 working properly like previous versions have done, or are we all so obsessed with the latest versions that we've completely lost sight of the fact that we use programs such as Ableton to expedite workflow and give voice to our musical ideas, not to do realtime research for the company at our own cost?

Live 8 brings my G5 to it's knees compared to previous versions it's such a CPU hog. Then there are the frequent crashes on trying to use pretty much any VSTs [all legit], especially the Native ones, & Virus TI is unusable it crashes so often.

So I've given up with it. I'm going back to 7 & to be perfectly honest it feels like a refund is in order. After all, if you bought the newest version of a car & when you got it it transpired they hadn't bothered to put an engine in it, you'd be rightfully annoyed.

s

catflap

Post by catflap » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:26 am

eliteforce wrote: So I've given up with it. I'm going back to 7 & to be perfectly honest it feels like a refund is in order. After all, if you bought the newest version of a car & when you got it it transpired they hadn't bothered to put an engine in it, you'd be rightfully annoyed.
YOu're getting the same issues as me mate
I have already enquired about refund and they were not accomodating to the reqest.
The most ridiculous and infuriating thing about it is that Im only after the grouping feature tbh and that you can't revert back any Live 7 projects that I have opened in Live 8

bendybones

Post by bendybones » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:49 am

Finally updating from Suite 801 to 804 but don't want to read this whole thread.
Would love if someone could answer these 2 quick q's:
-Does it mean anything if my splash screen is a different colour after I update? (It is currently coloured not B/W).
-Is there anything to be updated in the Suite content in addition to the program?

Big thanks,
B
MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.5.8, Live 8 Suite, Logic Studio 9, Ultralite Mk3

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 pm

Could we please get a non-beta update to version 8.0.5, or at least an 8.0.4.1? Having to constantly update Live once each beta expires is annoying, especially since I do not have permission to connect my clients PC to an internet.

USB stick this, USB stick that- a more permenant update woud really help me out :)