BEHRINGER BCR2000 not appearing on ableton midi (AGAIN)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
johnnydeep

BEHRINGER BCR2000 not appearing on ableton midi (AGAIN)

Post by johnnydeep » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:54 pm

HI. I POSTED THIS PRBOLEM AND GOT A REPLY TO RESTART MY COMPUTER WITH THE BCR2000 PULGGED IN. I TRIED 3 TIMES BUT NO LUCK.
IF U CAN READ BELOW AND IF U HAVE ANY ADVICE, WUD LOVE TO HEAR FROM U. IM IN INDIA AND THERES NO SERVICE CENTER(BOOOHOOO)

hi all
i know this is a beringer question more than ableton, but hopefully someone can help.
when i plug my bcr2000 via usb to my mac(abelton 7), it's not showing up, in the midi when i check preferences and i have no control obviously. as youd know normally its automatic. i tried to connect with my old x session and works fine. wondering if im doing something wrond. the only thing i can think of, is 1 week ago, i changed the buttons below the top dials, to trigger as a one hit, so i could use them for play and cue functions.
hope i havent confused u.
but maybe there's something simple i need to do with my bcr2000, or its faulty

Warminstrel

Re: BEHRINGER BCR2000 not appearing on ableton midi (AGAIN)

Post by Warminstrel » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:10 pm

With out installing drivers; the BCR2000 should show up a 'USB Audio device' in the preferecnes/midi sync section.

Selecting this option will work though if you install the driver from Behringer site your BCR2K will show up with its proper name.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/SUPPORT/B-C ... loads.aspx

If you still have problems email the Behringer customer support, thats what I did when I had exactly the same issue.

johnnydeep

Post by johnnydeep » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:41 pm

HEY
thanks for your reply.
i have been to the site and downloaded the drivers etc already. however, they are for pc not mac osx. so not sure what to do next. is there a mac osx drier? i cant see one

regards

nath

Warminstrel

Post by Warminstrel » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:13 pm

johnnydeep wrote:HEY
thanks for your reply.
i have been to the site and downloaded the drivers etc already. however, they are for pc not mac osx. so not sure what to do next. is there a mac osx drier? i cant see one

regards

nath
soz nath, can't see a mac osx driver either :(

I'd recomend contacting behringer support, they got back to me in a matter of hours...

johnnydeep

Post by johnnydeep » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:13 am

hey thanks anyway. i think i got a loose connection. gonna have to use midi ports

cheers