Best place to get apc40 online for US shipping

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cacti

Best place to get apc40 online for US shipping

Post by cacti » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:10 pm

Ableton just said some units are shipping, anbod know the quickest place to grab one?

AYBABTU

Re: Best place to get apc40 online for US shipping

Post by AYBABTU » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:26 pm

cacti wrote:Ableton just said some units are shipping, anbod know the quickest place to grab one?
They are intentionally making Customers who have paid already wait longer to create more demand than there really is so they can justify a large price increase.
This is shady business practice and this is the first and last product I will ever buy from Akai.

One month later and those who pre ordered and payed before May 30 still haven't received their product. Akai is horrible with their delivery. The distributor I purchased from as well as others I've called around the U.S. to inquire have not received a single one yet.
If you are one of the unlucky ones to be 100 in line you probably won't get yours for another two to three months.
UNACCEPTABLE!!!

I see this leading to customers demanding their money back and getting a Monome Clip Matrix and some Korg nano controllers instead.

I urge all who are waiting for an Akai APC40 to call and write them and tell them to start acting as if they were a big professional company and not some garage operation.
If enough voice their frustrations perhaps they will realize that this is for them a sink or swim situation.

They can be contacted at:

Akai WORLD HEADQUARTERS
200 Scenic View Drive
Suite 201
Cumberland, RI 02864
United States
Tel: 401.658.4032

Remember to tell them to sink or swim.

If they act as if they could care less, tell them you are canceling your order and do it.. Counter their demand fluffing tactics. Wait them out and drive the cost DOWN instead by leaving them with excess stock. Then they will see that this kind of manipulation of us and our economy can and will blow up in their face.

Musashi

Re: Best place to get apc40 online for US shipping

Post by Musashi » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:34 pm

I just walked into a Guitar Center last Saturday and bought one off the shelf. It was the last one, however.