women and babies

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Geebag

women and babies

Post by Geebag » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:36 pm

are a pain in the arse

D K

Re: women and babies

Post by D K » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:10 pm

there are many that are on the same page with you.
dual income, no kids, and lots of lube and laser hair removal.

Geebag

Post by Geebag » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:26 pm

lol.

I want to make music, drink, play sports, play computer music, watch films, have orgies etc.

A swinging bachelor is the way.

too late now.

do love me kids and wife and would not give them up but I can dream

D K

Post by D K » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:34 pm

the grass is always greener...
at the least, if you raise those kids right they will take care of you in the latter years...
you can have nursing home orgies and play computer music and bacci all day...

aisling

Post by aisling » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:51 pm

I have 2 kids under 6 I can TOTALY relate........
At the end of the day, after all the drama, stress, aggravation, lost personal time, etc......
Just to know how much those two little rug rats adore and look up to me, gives me a great satisfaction.....
Yesterday my 5 year old raided her piggy bank (unsolicited) to give me .40 cents. She insisted I take it as it would be fathers day this weekend.... :D
Now if wifey could only turn back the pages of time and be 25 again...... :wink:
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

gjm

Post by gjm » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:44 pm

Geebag wrote:are a pain in the arse
I adopted the view that they were in my life to high light all the selfishness, arrogance, asshole-ness, etc tendencies that I have. There is nothing better to help with personal refinement, negotiation skills, time management and anything else you suck at. You either decide to change, for the better, or face the consequences. Don't get me wrong, this is not a gripe. Although often inconvenient and uncomfortable, if they were all taken away from me today, I would be empty beyond description. Absolutely nothing would fill the gap.
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:05 pm

my friend is having a kid on "accident" (theres no accident...wear a friggin condom). hes 21 and doesnt have a good enough job to support his kid and his "fiancee"

never going to see him again

but if you have the money and a comfortable-ish life with your wife and kids, enjoy it...

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:12 pm

I have friends who have families and they always say "you don't understand, it's great!" I really believe them, but more and more I think it's not for me. I personally just have too much stuff I want to do. From what I can tell I was kind of odd as I was all gung ho about finding a woman and having a family early on in my life whereas lots of guys seem to want to sow the oats early on and come to the family thing later. But after more than a few failed relationships and hitting my 30s I've gotten to the point where I've just said screw it, I'm focusing on music from here on out.
Unsound Designer

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:46 pm

babies and dogs. guess what? the rest of us don't think they're as cute as you think, move the f-ing stroller and keep your f-ing dog away from my picnic.

mushbrains... the syndrome that turns perfectly normal adults into complete idiots making goo goo faces at babies. hilarious to watch. then there's the tired parent who just can't deal so they let the kid run amuck.

then there's the people that say we're selfish for not having kids. wow. the world's too messed up to bring kids into it.

off to do whatever the hell I want. :P (gonna bike over to Sausalito.) maybe we'll go to a nice restaurant after that and come home whenever we want. HA!
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Come to think of it, that's one reason I've always been a cat person. I like dogs, but they're just too much trouble compared to these breathing pillows I have lying around.
Unsound Designer

aisling

Post by aisling » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:35 pm

stringtapper wrote: I like dogs, but they're just too much trouble compared to these breathing pillows I have lying around.
:lol: that's hilarious!
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

Geebag

Post by Geebag » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:40 pm

Love my kids more than life. I would not give them up for all the musical fannys in tutin fanny land.

Maybe unemployment might be the key. I am just time starved

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:51 pm

hurlingdervish wrote:my friend is having a kid on "accident" (theres no accident...wear a friggin condom). hes 21 and doesnt have a good enough job to support his kid and his "fiancee"

never going to see him again
Then again, when he's 40 he'll have already raised his kid and will be free again, maybe right around the time you're learning to change diapers!

Spikee

Post by Spikee » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:52 pm

Tone Deft wrote:then there's the people that say we're selfish for not having kids. wow. the world's too messed up to bring kids into it.
In a way they're sort of right, it seems like for every baby born to an intelligent, "ready" couple, there's 5 getting born to some 16 year old single mom who's going to give them minimum everything -- garbage nurturing, garbage food, garbage education and garbage examples to live by. I mean, I get it, I really do. But for every time someone tells me (I'm single; no kids) that "Only stupid people are breeding, you've got to have a kid and make a valuable contribution to society!" I don't think they quite follow the idea that if I wanted to breed to give society an advantage, then I'd have to have 5 or 7 kids and then I would be on welfare and way too stretched to give them anything other than a white-trash upbringing.

I think that, the sooner people just accept that society's going through a massive period of de-evolution, the happier everyone will be.

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:00 pm

the people you want to have kids with usually aren't the ones that benefit humanity. they benefit YOU and possibly the kids even if both parents are complete dumbasses.

if everyone had kids based on the future of the species we'd all be ugly as fuck and terrible at parties.

but at least we could engineer bombs!