Forum log-ins that we'll never hear from again...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
alex.the.forge

Re: Forum log-ins that we'll never hear from again...

Post by alex.the.forge » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:05 pm

well, Forge is no more.

the login's been deleted, along with the post count, and by Proxy, Tone Deft is now father forum.

What is thy bidding, my new master?

8O

Post by 8O » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:26 pm

^ 8)

...but why didn't you just ask them to delete alex.the.forge and assign forge to your ableton licenses? Or is resetting the post count part of a purification ritual?

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:58 pm

8O wrote:purification ritual?
yep, something like that! ;-)

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:00 pm

alex.the.forge wrote:well, Forge is no more.

the login's been deleted, along with the post count, and by Proxy, Tone Deft is now father forum.

Makin' your way in the world today takes everything you've got...
Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot.

Wouldn’t you like to get away?

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:16 pm

Hidden Driveways wrote:

que?

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:26 pm

alex.the.forge wrote:
Hidden Driveways wrote:

que?
Eh. I was just assuming that the entire world was familiar with classic American TV shows, like my Irish buddy Daire. It's the theme song from a show called Cheers. If you were a dumb American you would recognize my post as an attempt at humor.

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:59 pm

Hidden Driveways wrote: Eh. I was just assuming that the entire world was familiar with classic American TV shows, like my Irish buddy Daire. It's the theme song from a show called Cheers. If you were a dumb American you would recognize my post as an attempt at humor.
so wait.... that was a way of expressing "cheers"?

I appreciate the sentiment, but you used 29 words where you could have just said "cheers"

Besides, this is a German forum, only Prost is allowed.

Wilford Brimley

Post by Wilford Brimley » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:09 pm

*edit*
Last edited by Wilford Brimley on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Wilford Brimley wrote:apparently my aburgener login is dead forever because ableton customercare isn't helping me out...

motherFLIPers causing me to be short with my wife
show her the back of yer hand!
Last edited by alex.the.forge on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:25 pm

bwahaahahaha! too late!

Wilford Brimley

Post by Wilford Brimley » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:26 pm

I know... I got hand-slapped. :oops:

Hypomixolydian

Post by Hypomixolydian » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:16 pm

Hidden Driveways wrote:Astral Fridge Magnet? Astral Fridge Magnet-- are you there? Oh God no. No no no no!!! ASTRAL FRIDGE MAGNET!!!! For the love of God wake up!!! 8O :o :o :o :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

::whimpers:: ...astral fridge magnet

Long time no see and to be honest I haven't missed any of you. I left this forum a long time ago as it was getting a bit unpleasant. Perhaps things are different now, though time will tell.

Anyway, to my surprise I get an email from Ableton saying they have merged my account with my forum account. Well, fuck that! I am not happy about it at all. I don't use these forums anymore and I don't want to be associated with my past forum name. But now it seems I have no choice.

If I change my mind and decide to contribute to this forum, then I would like to do so with a clean slate and not have any baggage that may be associated with my previous forum identity.

Can you blame me? As I was skimming through the forum earlier today to see if there were any comments about this new account system, I came across this thread and see that Hidden Driveways at least considers me to be one of the forum bad boys.

I don't remember being unpleasant to anyone except b0unce and just before I left the forum, to nebulae because he was acting like a twat and I reacted.

I basically want to say, that I am not in favour of this new system and I want the right to control my own account. I don't need somebody to do my thinking and deciding for me. I want to choose my forum name and not have it imposed on me. Is that so unreasonable?

Perhaps this is something to do with Germany's new internet laws. If so, let's welcome in the dawning of Big Brother and the nanny state. Goodbye freedom of choice, goodbye free thought and expression. You will be sadly missed.

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:23 pm

No hard feelings AFM. The only reason I brought up your name is that I think it's a funny log-in. You're Astral Fridge Magnet. You should be proud.

But if you want to start fresh, you should just email customer care. They'll take care of it.

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:26 pm

Rave wrote:
sparklepuff wrote:What is this all about?

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=117959
Wait... what?

dom

Post by dom » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:49 pm

Astral Fridge Magnet wrote: I basically want to say, that I am not in favour of this new system and I want the right to control my own account. I don't need somebody to do my thinking and deciding for me. I want to choose my forum name and not have it imposed on me. Is that so unreasonable?

Perhaps this is something to do with Germany's new internet laws. If so, let's welcome in the dawning of Big Brother and the nanny state. Goodbye freedom of choice, goodbye free thought and expression. You will be sadly missed.
Nope, nothing to do with internet laws. We just combined the website login and the forum login so you don't have to cope with two different accounts.
We're also not into thinking or deciding for you and we don't impose a username on you - you've chosen Astral Fridge Magnet yourself ;-)
Just as before, it is not possible to change the name of a forum account after its creation - you always had to create a new forum account in order to get a new name.

If you don't like Astral Fridge Magnet anymore, just contact customercare@ableton.com as i stated in the announcement.

Best,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com