Forum log-ins that we'll never hear from again...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aisling

Re: Forum log-ins that we'll never hear from again...

Post by aisling » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:54 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:I miss evilevilevilevilevil (give or take an evil)
+1
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:58 pm

i miss landrvr1

Hypomixolydian

Post by Hypomixolydian » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:22 pm

dom wrote:
Nope, nothing to do with internet laws. We just combined the website login and the forum login so you don't have to cope with two different accounts.
We're also not into thinking or deciding for you and we don't impose a username on you - you've chosen Astral Fridge Magnet yourself ;-)
Just as before, it is not possible to change the name of a forum account after its creation - you always had to create a new forum account in order to get a new name.

If you don't like Astral Fridge Magnet anymore, just contact customercare@ableton.com as i stated in the announcement.

Best,
Dom

thank you for your reply dom.

I may have chosen the name Astral Fridge Magnet, but I would also like to choose to change it. I can't remember anymore if the option to change name was available anyway without creating a new account, but I guess my gripe is that I no longer want to be associated with Astral Fridge Magnet. I think it is a great name, but perhaps it carries baggage with it and I'd rather be back here with a clean slate.

Plus sorry to be picky dom but you say:
dom wrote:
We just combined the website login and the forum login so you don't have to cope with two different accounts.
We're also not into thinking or deciding for you....
which is kind of a contradiction because I actually had no say in the matter. But let's not make an issue of it.

Thank you for giving me the option to change my forum name. Hopefully I can also go back to a zero post count.

steko

Post by steko » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:43 pm

dom wrote:We just combined the website login and the forum login so you don't have to cope with two different accounts.
Combining the website login and the forum login makes it easier now, but it leads definitely to less privacy (of course not for folks with their myspace etc. attached).

You don' t have to be a troll, or cracker etc, beeing not totally fine with it.

Was making it easier the only reason for merging?

Was it guys like KEYBOARDCAT?

What about "Google Analytics" in this context?

I don' t want to insinuate anything & probably it' s now, as every company does it & wasn' t before...

BTW the forum doesn' t remember / mark clicked links anymore, if you' re not logged in (or did it ever?).

Now I have to use my super-cryptic ableton.com-password to log in to the forums. Of course I could change it, but for registration things I want it super-cryptic, for the forum I don' t.

Just curious & generally concerned about privacy & the net (& a bit irritated about no critical posts about "merging" here at all).

steko :)
Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:14 pm

Rave wrote:I am not complaining but a clear announcement regarding this would have been nice and tbh would have saved you some of the issues you are experiencing now.

I am guessing this is all gearing up for the SHARED feature.
You guys must be glazing over the announcements section, this post has been there since the new system kicked in:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=117959

The trouble is, with a change like this that is in essence rather simple, clearly explaining what's taking place in regards to each individual person's experience with the system is somewhat complex. I was initially confused, but now I kind of get it.

steko

Post by steko » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:30 pm

I have read the announcement.

Still curious...

Probably the SHARED feature & KEYBOARDCAT & ?
Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:37 am

Ableton wrote:For those of you who have no account for newsletter subscriptions and/or product licenses at ableton.com, nothing changes.

For those who had a forum account and an ableton.com account, both with the same e-mail address, the only thing that changes is that you need to log in with your former ableton.com password from now on.
Your forum password will no longer work.
So the only people who are affected are the ones who have product registrations etc, and even then, if those registrations are done with the same email address than the forum account? 8O

I mean, if I had noticed this beforehand, I would have just changed my forum account email to my secondary email address so that the two accounts wouldn't be merged.

I don't like the idea when ever I log into the Ableton forum, from any random machine, I'm actually opening a doorway to my entire bunch of Ableton licenses and have to specifically remember to close it. Is this how it really functions now?

I mean, it's no biggie if I happen to notice some day "crap, I forgot to log off from the forum at the library, oh well, I hope no wiseguy posts some shit with my forum nick", but if it's nowadays really "crap, I forgot to log off from the forum at the library, holy hell someone can snatch all my Ableton serials" ... Then I don't like it.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:10 am

Nokatus wrote:"crap, I forgot to log off from the forum at the library, holy hell someone can snatch all my Ableton serials" ... Then I don't like it.
good point. I don't really get what's going on. I use a different p-word for any account that involves money and another for anything that involves being silly.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:19 am

Tone Deft wrote:
Nokatus wrote:"crap, I forgot to log off from the forum at the library, holy hell someone can snatch all my Ableton serials" ... Then I don't like it.
good point. I don't really get what's going on. I use a different p-word for any account that involves money and another for anything that involves being silly.
Yeah. Checked it now, just by logging into the forum the licenses/serials are wide open. I think I'll just be more careful and eventually make a new forum login alltogether.

Lucid

Post by Lucid » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:25 am

R.I.P. OvertoneZero