bitwig - anyone know the ins and outs

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Nokatus

Re: bitwig - anyone know the ins and outs

Post by Nokatus » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:11 pm

sijarvis wrote:Wrong Nokatus, whilst I used the term "firm reassurance", my suggestions were not demands for rigid timetables but suggestions.
sijarvis wrote:If you read that thread again, I say something like "why not post a fix once it's been done?"
VS:
Jarvisimon wrote:Why do you call an official announcement of weekly bugfixes "useless"?
Jarvisimon wrote:I've not made a call for promises, this is about reassurance that there will be a regular (weekly) update of fixes that have made during that week.
And so on. Yeah, no "promises" on "rigid timetables", just "firm assurances" of "weekly bugfix releases"... Yet, in my opinion, the answer you got on the very first page of that thread would have been enough to satisfy any reasonable inquiries.

But oh no, you're not hauling me further into this one. If there's one thing I've learned about social interaction :D during my years, it's that there are people who can just *suck* the energy out of you, and if there isn't a good reason not to avoid someone like that, just step away. For me, you're clearly one of those people.

Even if I sit here for ten pages, things would stay the same, minus the wasted energy. Although complaining is often constructive, there's a fine line between firm, constructive critique and manifests overflowing into the unrealistic.

From my point of view, you seem to like sitting on a high horse, complaining, intentionally interpreting things in a negative way, and not really paying attention to the answers you are being given. You mask your negativity into the guise of creative questioning, and you label people who disagree with the negative views "fanboys", and generalise that you are the voice of "the rest of us."

Still, at the same time you use the kind of rhetoric that paints you up to be some sort of maverick, someone who "stretches the boundaries."

But that's merely my personal perception.

I'm not trying to be a dick, and I'm sure you're not either. You seem like you're capable of constructive dialog, and then time and time again I'm seeing you repeat things that make me go BWOAARGH-nnghhhhh much like a tuba full of porridge. We're not compatible, so yeah, "what's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"

See ya, all the best for your boundary stretching sessions, and be sure to make some catchy tunes too! :)

necho

Post by necho » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:32 pm

sijarvis wrote:
necho wrote: mate - you're WEIRD.
Weird is a very strong word and quite insulting to be honest, so I'd prefer it were you to use something else unless you actually believe it to be true. Seeing as this is an on-line forum and you have no idea about my life, I don't think you can honestly back that word up with anything substantial.
exhibit A: this thread
_________
sigs suck.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:40 pm

he is a bit odd with the conspiracy theories.
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:56 pm

sijarvis wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:Image
It's a funny old world really hoffman. If I didn't care about someone, I'd let them carry on making mistake after mistake, knowing that soon enough, they would have dug themselves a deep enough hole to bury themselves in. Voila, the people you least care about are then out of the picture.

Sometimes you have to be quite straightforward and come out with some painful truths when you do care about something/someone. How else are they supposed to gauge your feelings?

I don't mind being attacked by all the fanboys in all the world but I know that they'll never stretch the boundaries, they're perfectly happy patting people on the back and saying "great, super, fantastic" and you're left with something that'll never improve.

There's more to a disgruntled post than meets the eye and the more people who add their voice the more likely it'll become a priority.

As I said, it's a funny old world.
Why do your complaints turn into threads without facts?
Why am I seemingly talking to myself in bug report threads? How come I always get to close such a thread with "fix confirmed"?

Its a funny old world indeed.
Anyway. Enjoy being bitter. Or rather, if everything except for Live is stable.. Enjoy something else.
Just for fun, try to make clear which issues you are experiencing yourself. Pointing to others bug reports doesn't really help. How do you count the difference of people having no problems and no desire at all to frequent on this forum? Less than 1 in every 2000 Live users actually visits this place on a regular basis.
But you already knew that, right?

sijarvis

Post by sijarvis » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:12 pm

necho wrote:
sijarvis wrote:
necho wrote: mate - you're WEIRD.
Weird is a very strong word and quite insulting to be honest, so I'd prefer it were you to use something else unless you actually believe it to be true. Seeing as this is an on-line forum and you have no idea about my life, I don't think you can honestly back that word up with anything substantial.
exhibit A: this thread
the title of the thread is Bitwig - anyone know the ins and outs

What's so weird about that? or is there some hidden meaning in it that only you know?

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:23 pm

...a potential Ableton stalker...
I bet OP is right across the street from the Abe offices right now...
scary shit... :|

re.mark

Post by re.mark » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:56 pm

sijarvis wrote:Now don't get me wrong, you can be as disgusted by my posts as you like but I love Live 7, it really is incredible and I would really love to say the same about Live 8, I just don't think I can yet.
How the F can you go on and on about L8 being buggy, unstable and just a dissappointment to all Ableton customers when youve not had any first hand experience of it. All you can reference on is peoples posts on a forum, if you havent brought the software or used it in Demo/Trial mode youve got no frigging right to go criticising it asif your the king of all.
Your really are a hyper-critical negative nancy, arent you. Maybe one day you'll be on the other side of the fence and be able to see things from a differnt perspective and have some empathy for the employees of Ableton etc.

sijarvis

Post by sijarvis » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:24 am

re.mark wrote:
sijarvis wrote:Now don't get me wrong, you can be as disgusted by my posts as you like but I love Live 7, it really is incredible and I would really love to say the same about Live 8, I just don't think I can yet.
How the F can you go on and on about L8 being buggy, unstable and just a dissappointment to all Ableton customers when youve not had any first hand experience of it. All you can reference on is peoples posts on a forum, if you havent brought the software or used it in Demo/Trial mode youve got no frigging right to go criticising it asif your the king of all.
Your really are a hyper-critical negative nancy, arent you. Maybe one day you'll be on the other side of the fence and be able to see things from a differnt perspective and have some empathy for the employees of Ableton etc.
I seemed to get right up your nose didn't I?

I was beta testing 8 before it was released officially, so I do have some firsthand experience of the software. I'll be quite honest and say by the end of the beta, it rarely crashed my system, but that's not to say I had explored it fully. However, I can say that it was still crashing, so me saying it was released early is a perfectly valid comment.

I disagree with you when you question how I can make posts based on others experience. Of course their experience is worthy of basing judgement on, we all listen out for advice when we are unsure, it's a great way of understanding.

BTW, you can call me as many names as you like, Negative Nancy is fine if I can call you a Fanboy Faggot. It's water off a ducks back when you think about it.

If you want to know, I do have plenty of empathy for Ableton and their employees, they're actually very human and appear to listen to all users, even negative nancies like me. Not once have they been rude and even if they don't like something i've written, I at least know it's been understood.

If people didn't get upset over failings, it would spell the end of progress, then it would be you complaining about Ableton losing their edge.

Long may users want the best.

astromass

Post by astromass » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:35 am

man, this board is full of a bunch of fuckin weird fanboys.....i love it!!! =)
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:53 pm

astromass wrote:man, this board is full of a bunch of fuckin weird fanboys.....i love it!!! =)

:mrgreen:

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:08 pm

re.mark

Post by re.mark » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:17 pm

Well, I wasn't saying 'Negative Nancy' to be rude or call names like 12 year olds, but just to affirm my point that all the posts I seem to have read from you under your current username seem to be of a very negative calibre, specifically towards Ableton. To be honest, seeing as I don't own Live 8, nor do I own an APC40 (nor intend to) I wouldn't really class myself as a 'Fanboy Faggot', but if you want to brandish me with that logo, go for it. Although I feel there'd be many-a-few more people who'd revel the chance to be honored with the official title of 'Ableton Fanboy Faggot' over myself.
Seeing as you say you have had first hand experience with the software - albeit beta testing - I take back my comments as to your lack of experience with the software.
However, as to your latter comments, there is a big difference between constructive criticism with the aim of bettering the situation and plain old winging. The former being a far more pleasant episode for both parties.
(IMO)

sijarvis

Post by sijarvis » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:45 pm

re.mark wrote:Well, I wasn't saying 'Negative Nancy' to be rude or call names like 12 year olds, but just to affirm my point that all the posts I seem to have read from you under your current username seem to be of a very negative calibre, specifically towards Ableton. To be honest, seeing as I don't own Live 8, nor do I own an APC40 (nor intend to) I wouldn't really class myself as a 'Fanboy Faggot', but if you want to brandish me with that logo, go for it. Although I feel there'd be many-a-few more people who'd revel the chance to be honored with the official title of 'Ableton Fanboy Faggot' over myself.
Seeing as you say you have had first hand experience with the software - albeit beta testing - I take back my comments as to your lack of experience with the software.
However, as to your latter comments, there is a big difference between constructive criticism with the aim of bettering the situation and plain old winging. The former being a far more pleasant episode for both parties.
(IMO)
Ok, that's a good answer. "Fanboy faggot" comment withdrawn although it wasn't actually fired at you, merely implied that it would be my response. (if you want to call me that, then i'll call you this etc).

Yeah, I can see your difference between constructive criticism and whinging. Yes, I have stated my case with some vehemence so understand why you view it as being a whinge, perhaps it is, however, I think the outcome is generally better when a certain amount of ire is shown. You can be too easy going and the message is diluted and put in the "we'll get round to it in time" tray, which isn't always so good.

Anyway, I can't finish this message now as I have someone calling round shortly. Will add more later.