APC40 is dead

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
timothyallan

Re: APC40 is dead

Post by timothyallan » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:58 am

It's good to see some PRO's on this board for once... too many noobs!

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:35 am

boomtchik wrote:I don't like to wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait
for a product... Ableton customer since live 3 I am disappointed to see noobs having APC40...
Its not good for the music business
Why are you posting this on the Ableton forum? They collaborated to create it. They give support on how to use it. What they don't do is SELL IT. But you're a pro and you knew that already, right? :roll:
Unsound Designer

boomtchik

Post by boomtchik » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:41 am

cmon guys, if you are happy & satisfied to wait 2 months more its up to you
yes I am stupid because I pre-ordered mine and have to wait till end august
and the preorder list is huge.

my mothertongue is french so i prefer to say beginners and not noobs

if you got one apc then shut up and dont call me noob
its not the # of posts on a forum that make you pro or not, I read the manual and dont have any problem.
i spend my time in my studio not behind this forum and like i said my mothertongue is french

I said i am disappointed thats all

Marre de devoir lancer des fleurs de faire des phrases qui plaisent à tout le monde, moi je dis ce que je pense un point c'est tout.
Stealth Bomber PC - Vista 64bit - FF400 - Moog Voyager Lunar - Little Phatty Tribute - Korg ESX1 - Live 8 uninstalled

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:43 am

boomtchik wrote:Marre de devoir lancer des fleurs de faire des phrases qui plaisent à tout le monde, moi je dis ce que je pense un point c'est tout.
Bien vu!
Entre passer son temps sur le forum ou passer son temps sur ableton live en train de composer, il y a une grande différence.
Le nombre de post n'est pas vraiment significatif!

Ne t'occupe pas de ce que les autres racontent et amuse-toi.

Tout "pro" a bien du commencer quelque part un jour.
De plus pro c'est quoi? l'expérience? le fait de gagner de l'argent avec ses créations? ou un peu des deux ou ni l'un ni l'autre?

16ans que je fais de la musique, je pense que les dépenses en matos sont largement plus élevées que les rentrées d'argent.
Je bosse en journée et je m'éclate en soirée + partage de ma musique quand je joue en live.

Se dire pro et râler jalousement car des ptits jeunes ont reçu l'apc avant eux... c'est risible et bien loin du comportement d'un pro.
Be cool. n'oublie pas que ce controleur vient tout juste de sortir. C'est normal qu'en pré-commande l'attente soit longue.

Perso, j'attend de voir d'ici quelques mois pour voir l'avis des utilisateurs.
Et sans doute voir via mes relations si je peux me le procurer à la source.
C'est ça aussi être dans le milieu musical>> connaitre des gens et se rendre service.

Et au fait... bienvenue sur le forum, ça fait plaisir de voir d'autres francophones.

OlafOverDJ

Post by OlafOverDJ » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:51 am

OMG ...

it's like the same with the DJ's ... "I'm a better one" ... Thats totally "Kindergarten"...
So - are you a better producer because you use a specific product ? No

1. Pro's will not talk about something like this and they keep calmed - because they can laugh about things like this
2. Dogs who are barking, are not biting ?

Whats the difference beetween NI's Maschine and Ableton+APC40 ? I think they had to go this way!

CerebralNektar

Post by CerebralNektar » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:58 am

Hello,
I don't earn money with my music so I'm a big noob in digital audio world, however I'm smart enough and I called EVERY little reseller in France, and boom... despite the "Out of Order" I found the last APC in my country a few day after its release :lol:
Pro needs to learn how to use a phone maybe...

PS : pour les français, j'ai pu tester l'APC en condition réelle à la fête de la musique d'Aix en provence pour un live Hardtek, ça a fonctionné comme un charme, et en plus il y avait du monde 8O
Live 8 Suite Box, Max/MSP | APC 40, PadKontrol, BCF+BCR, Keycontrol 49, Intuos 3 Wide A5 | Mac Pro Nehalem Octo 2,26Ghz, 12Gb, Radeon 4870, Raid 0 drives | Mindprint Trio S/Pdif | Blue Sky Media Desk 2.1 | MBP Core I5 2.4Ghz, 4Gb

boomtchik

Post by boomtchik » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:33 am

oh man I did it allready, have spend more than 2 hours on phone in switzerland for nothing
only 2 pieces pro shop - all gone - wait till end august
and on ebay there are 0 = nada
ableton shop = only ableton products
Stealth Bomber PC - Vista 64bit - FF400 - Moog Voyager Lunar - Little Phatty Tribute - Korg ESX1 - Live 8 uninstalled

sdmiddleton

Post by sdmiddleton » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:51 am

Just called 2 shop in the UK, one laughed at me and said all out of stock, the other said we have 5 coming in on tuesday and 3 have been pre-ordered...I just bagged the 4th!!! Back of the net!!!

drchoc

Post by drchoc » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:58 am

The idea of superiority is not cool, but to be fair its a great thread title and I'm frothing at the mouth for my apc. If push comes to shove I fear for the steps I will take if mine does not arrive next week :twisted:

boomtchik

Post by boomtchik » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:10 pm

[quote="drchoc"]The idea of superiority is not cool, but to be fair its a great thread title [quote]
It is exactly what I mean, to be fair with customers - its not a question of superiority - but I see with the APC its first come, first serve - they dont care about customers loyalty
why it is not possible to buy the APC through Ableton Shop ?

omg

Post by omg » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:00 pm

boomtchik wrote: It is exactly what I mean, to be fair with customers - its not a question of superiority - but I see with the APC its first come, first serve - they dont care about customers loyalty
WHAT???
they did not ask YOU if you want to get one of the first devices?
Ableton basterds...
:roll:

if you could copy/paste hardware you would already have yours.
unfortunately, hardware needs time get built...
boomtchik wrote: why it is not possible to buy the APC through Ableton Shop ?
because it is an Akai product.

i am sure you will get yours...
in the meantime read this again and again:
http://vi.sualize.us/thumbs/08/09/01/in ... d63b_h.jpg
:wink: