Komplete 5 399 .. is it worth it?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
theophilus

Re: Komplete 5 399 .. is it worth it?

Post by theophilus » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:22 pm

check ebay and google..... you can get komplete 6 for $299 if you look around (just scored a copy of komplete 6 for $260, sorry, they are out now). i would go with komplete 6 over komplete 5, many things are the same but you get kontakt 4 instead of 3, with a bunch of extra instruments including the nice VSL strings. i don't really need everything that's new in komplete 7 so it was a better deal for me.

if you get a decent deal on komplete 5 (a copy went on ebay for <$200 a month or so ago), i've also seen cheap ($50-100) updates from komplete 5 to 6 on there too.

STRATEGY_510

Post by STRATEGY_510 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:57 pm

Joefro wrote:Bump! Still a good deal... a year and a half later? Komplete 5 still seems to be selling for $399...
you can get Komplete 7 for a hunnid more, why bother?

In fact, I *think* it was onsale for Christmas for even less...

I recently went with Komplete Elements 7 for about 80 bucks. With the $60 voucher I will likely be picking up "The Mouth" as included in the price so to speak.

STRATEGY

mrdelurk

Post by mrdelurk » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:59 am

Guys, I just had it up to here with Native Instruments, their hare-brained copy protection schemes that register one thing and trip up three others. I'm kicking everything NI outta my studio. Komplete, Kore, major sound libraries, you name it. it's so going, it will leave condensation trails in the air. If you want a note when I got around to dump the whole stuff on eBay, just message me.

On to find a Kontakt successor pronto to play my EXS24 multisamples... cheers
(30 minute later edit: I just found it, it's Ableton's Sampler. I even have it, as a part of the Suite. Man, I should have switched to using it years ago.)

Joefro

Post by Joefro » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:52 am

I figured I'd answer my own question in case anyone else was wondering and its still near the top. I did a lot more research after getting the replies from here and the Komplete 5 for $399 is definitely NOTworth it. I can't believe some people are still selling it for that much. If you want to save a little money from buying Komplete 7, or dont need everything it has... you can buy Komplete 6 for $263 right now on buy.com. There is even an extra $10 off checkout code you can get on retailmenot.com.

Joe

MattGreer

Post by MattGreer » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:44 pm

Zzounds and Amazon have Komplete 7 for $499. Small discount, but a discount nontheless.

There's probably a benefit from buying it directly from NI, however.
Onwards,

Matt

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:02 pm

mrdelurk wrote:Guys, I just had it up to here with Native Instruments, their hare-brained copy protection schemes that register one thing and trip up three others. I'm kicking everything NI outta my studio. Komplete, Kore, major sound libraries, you name it. it's so going, it will leave condensation trails in the air. If you want a note when I got around to dump the whole stuff on eBay, just message me.
:? - never had any problems with their auth system.
Nothing to see here - move along!

dinaiz

Post by dinaiz » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:48 pm

Khazul wrote:
mrdelurk wrote:Guys, I just had it up to here with Native Instruments, their hare-brained copy protection schemes that register one thing and trip up three others. I'm kicking everything NI outta my studio. Komplete, Kore, major sound libraries, you name it. it's so going, it will leave condensation trails in the air. If you want a note when I got around to dump the whole stuff on eBay, just message me.
Yep, me neither

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:20 pm

Khazul wrote:
I think he typed that back in 2007, slipped into a coma before hitting submit, and woke up a few weeks ago and finally hit submit.

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:57 pm

Ah - grave robbers...
Nothing to see here - move along!