Trying to find best sound card for using Guitar Rig in Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aburgener

Re: Trying to find best sound card for using Guitar Rig in Live

Post by aburgener » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:46 pm

I think the USB thing you speak of is already all the interface you need (even though I'm trying to sell you mine, I'll be honest here) - and you just have your buffer settings wrong.

Take a screenshot of your Live Preferences window, on the Audio tab... there are plenty of people here that can help. Latency/buffer settings and all that stuff = common questions already asked and answered many times on here.

Hold onto that cash. ;-)

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:18 am

Is this "USB device" you speak of the interface that comes with Guitar Rig Session? If so that's already an interface/sound card and is all you need. I have a friend who uses one for performing live and gets very little latency, and he uses two instances of GR with two channels on the interface inside Garageband.
Unsound Designer

Atomikat

Post by Atomikat » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:24 am

You said you want the "best" soundcard to use Guitar Rig but don't want to spend more than $200... :mrgreen: with that money you won't find a very good soundcard.

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:43 am

stringtapper wrote:Is this "USB device" you speak of the interface that comes with Guitar Rig Session? If so that's already an interface/sound card and is all you need. I have a friend who uses one for performing live and gets very little latency, and he uses two instances of GR with two channels on the interface inside Garageband.
Yep - that's what I asked too. He got it all straightened out. 8)

Kilroy

Post by Kilroy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:44 pm

I play my guitar in exactly the same way, using Guitar Rig as a VST in Live. I input my guitar through a Presonus Firebox to a prev-gen Macbook and get 8ms of latency. It works perfectly. You should be able to do the same thing with your PC since you have a firewire port.

You can get a Firebox for $249.