Setting That Would Reverse L/R Channels?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TekMonki

Setting That Would Reverse L/R Channels?

Post by TekMonki » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Actually been experiencing this for a while, but finally getting around to sorting it out. Seems only in Live (first in v7, now in v8) that L and R channels are reversed. That's to say if I pan L, it comes out of the right monitor and vice versa.

I've checked playback in iTunes and played with panning in my soundcard mixer (Firebox), no issue there, it pans correctly. No plug ins on the master channel or elsewhere (i.e. Utility doing phase reverse or something). Panning Live L or R via the soundcard mixer, it's fine (though obviously only the master channel). In Live, it's still reversed though.

Any ideas?

ethios4

Re: Setting That Would Reverse L/R Channels?

Post by ethios4 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:01 pm

I haven't experienced the behavior you're describing, but you can put a Utility plugin at the end of your master with the 'Swap' setting instead of 'Stereo'

TekMonki

Post by TekMonki » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:03 pm

Just tried. That works, thanks (and duh me). Suppose I can just save that in my template, though a bit odd that the default is flipped.

R.A.W.

Post by R.A.W. » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:10 pm

i had that once and it was the asio driver.. so i'd say update your drivers and perhaps that fixes it. the utility solution is just a work-around that doesn't cure the issue itself.
ThinkPad T500,Core 2 Duo T9600 (2x2,8GHz)/3GB RAM/Radeon HD3650/FireWire 410/WinXP SP3 32bit
AMD Phenom II X4 3.2GHz/4GB RAM/GeForce GTX460/ESI U24 XL/Win7 x64
Ableton Live 8/energyXT2/APC40/MPKmini/LaunchPad/TriggerFinger
http://www.bitmud.com

TekMonki

Post by TekMonki » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:14 pm

Hmmmm, ok. Good call. I've had firebox driver issues forever now that I think of it. Updating renders it unusable for some reason, though it's been a while since I've messed with it. Reverting back to the 1.20.0.0 version, it works fine, though maybe that's the issue right there.

I'll give it an update when I have time to backtrack/troubleshoot/deal with Presonus' lame support and just use Util for now.

Thanks again guys.

TekMonki

Post by TekMonki » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:46 pm

Felt brave for a minute and decided to update. Before the drivers failed still/again, I was able to test the L/R. No change, still reversed.

Now to revert drivers. Fun!