Live 8 on Mac with Windows?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
loftman

Live 8 on Mac with Windows?

Post by loftman » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:25 pm

Looking to buy a Mac because they are so beautiful, either Mac Book or Imac . Would like to "dual boot it" and install Windows XP on it because I have so many VST plugins for Windows. If you have any experience with Windows/Live 8 on a Mac please share your knowledge. I would also like to get your advice what kind of Mac you suggest (proc, RAM and so on).

Many thanks,
Christian

Dj-Grobe

Re: Live 8 on Mac with Windows?

Post by Dj-Grobe » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:57 pm

Check new post i started only dedicatedto what yoo ask:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=118895
Last edited by Dj-Grobe on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:59 pm

tw1nstates

Re: Live 8 on Mac with Windows?

Post by tw1nstates » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:02 pm

It works just fine,

Well v6 or 7 or whatever the last one I had on my dual boot was.

If you just use ableton stuff it should be fine, 3rd party stuff is where the crashes start occurring, esp the warez stuff.

Donno how stable the latest version of Live (8) is but I had no problems with live, just mich preferred the mac Ui in the end and totally switched about 2 years ago.

i still occasionally use the windoze partision on one of my machines but it's like 4 times a year. . .

By the way my suggestion would be but a refurbed mac pro from apple, esentially it's a brand new machine and the octocores will spank the current laptops, I paid £1500 about 3/4 of a year ago for mine so i's not much more than a specced out macbook. .. If you don't need the portability the extra cash is def worth spending.

If money really is an issue then go for one of those mac mini's they basically a macbook (IIRC)
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave