What favorite NFL Team?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
happy chilld

What favorite NFL Team?

Post by happy chilld » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:19 am

I use to love the Dalla Cowboys until the fired TO. Now I have to pick new team this year. I will pick during the preseason games and couple on months. 8)

hereschenes

Re: What favorite NFL Team?

Post by hereschenes » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:28 am

I'm a Bengals fan, because I drafted Carson Palmer for my first year of Fantasy NFL and he was awesome, and I just kinda got interested in the whole team from there. Unfortunately, I've now learned that that was the only successful year they're likely to have in the next 20, being one of the losingest franchises in league history! (I'm Australian, so location/city had nothing to do with my choice. I could care less about Cincinnati otherwise.)

If you like TO, obviously you like jerks :), so the Bengals could be your style as they have Chad Johnson/Ochocinco. But I'd say whoever you pick, make it one of the non-massive-franchise teams that everyone else already goes for, like the Cowboys/49ers/Packers etc. And don't go for the Patriots because Bill Belichick is evil.

/$0.02.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:39 am

happy chilld wrote:What favorite NFL Team?

Spikee

Post by Spikee » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:08 am

hereschenes wrote:I'm a Bengals fan, because I drafted Carson Palmer for my first year of Fantasy NFL and he was awesome, and I just kinda got interested in the whole team from there. Unfortunately, I've now learned that that was the only successful year they're likely to have in the next 20, being one of the losingest franchises in league history! (I'm Australian, so location/city had nothing to do with my choice. I could care less about Cincinnati otherwise.)

If you like TO, obviously you like jerks :), so the Bengals could be your style as they have Chad Johnson/Ochocinco. But I'd say whoever you pick, make it one of the non-massive-franchise teams that everyone else already goes for, like the Cowboys/49ers/Packers etc. And don't go for the Patriots because Bill Belichick is evil.

/$0.02.
I'm from Cincinnati and the buzz around town as well as national media is that the Bengals have a solid chance to surprise everyone this year. The Bengals had a great draft, Carson Palmer and Chad Ochocinco look to be healthy and regaining their chemistry, the 12th-ranked defense looks to be as good or better this year, Cedric Benson is returning and poised to have a great season and the Wide Receivers corps look as good, if not better than they ever have. A WR trio of Ochocinco, Laveranues Coles and Chris Henry is going to be absolutely deadly, especially when you consider that Chris Henry has scored 19 TDs out of only 107 catches and Coles has put up similar numbers to Houshmandzadeh for a number of years now. Andre Caldwell also had a great offseason working out with Palmer so if any of the starters don't work out, he can come up and compete.

The only drawback to the Bengals is a shaky offensive line, and the fact that the Bengals front office is as usual a toxic quagmire. But if all goes well then me, you and the 10 other Bengals fans in the world will have something to cheer about in December. WHO DEY?!?!

hereschenes

Post by hereschenes » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:25 am

Hey Spikee... good to hear all that from a local! WHO DEY indeed! :)

Between my NFL-loving friends and I, I've been quietly confident of a much-improved effort this year (although that wouldn't be hard!) If they go 8-8 or better I'll be pretty pleased, to be honest. True though, if Henry can get back to his '05 numbers, Coles is solid, Ochocinco brings his old-self back and Benson can keep the ball moving at least, the Bengals should be able to put up a pretty-good show. Be interesting to see what Rivers and Andre Smith can do to shore-up the defence as well.

(By the way, by "I could care less about Cincinnati", I don't have anything against it - I'm sure it's a lovely place! :) I just don't have any more reason to like it than I do any other arbitrarily-chosen US city. Although I will certainly be visiting PBS if I ever make it to the States!)

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:28 am

I've met Carson Palmer. He used to go to the Islands Restaurant in Mission Viejo. I had some friends that used to work down there and they pointed him out to me one day, having a burger with his mom. Waited until he was done to say hi and congrats. It was right after the draft. Pretty nice guy.. seemed really humble and down to Earth.

Spikee

Post by Spikee » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:45 am

hereschenes wrote:(By the way, by "I could care less about Cincinnati", I don't have anything against it - I'm sure it's a lovely place! :) I just don't have any more reason to like it than I do any other arbitrarily-chosen US city. Although I will certainly be visiting PBS if I ever make it to the States!)
No worries man, the city of Cincinnati sucks to be honest. :D But if you make it to town to see the Bengals play get in touch with me and I'll meet you for a cup of coffee and some football/Ableton talk. :)

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:11 am

49ers all the way this year (I say the same crap every year).. but hey, Singletary gonna shake things up.. Hopefully they don't move to Santa Clara..

greta

Post by greta » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:07 am

Seahawks.

If they stay healthy i'm hoping for a return to the playoffs this year.

reset

Post by reset » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:26 am

SAINTS
http://rclique.org
Little Phatty, MonoMachine, SH101/09, Xbase09, Micromodular, Moebius.

PEAVLEY

Post by PEAVLEY » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:28 am

Over 20 years a Bengals fan.I started supporting 'em when they were the Bungals and pussycats.Looks like there becoming tigers.

bpatton

Post by bpatton » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:35 pm

Falcons

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:40 pm

bpatton wrote:Falcons
isn't Vick getting out soon? did the falcons drop his contract?

myxomat0515

Post by myxomat0515 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:49 pm

definitely lookin forward to see what jay cutler can do here this year.
da bears

jamester

Post by jamester » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:19 pm

My hometeam, Baltimore Ravens.

Still in shock about Steve McNair...
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge