deadmau5

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
amon2365

deadmau5

Post by amon2365 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:35 am

if you like deadmau5 i highly recommend u check out "boys noize" the album is called "oi oi oi" and sum songs would be "down" "lava lava" and "oh!" u can check em out on youtube.

Trip Downtown

Re: deadmau5

Post by Trip Downtown » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:45 am

Lol Deadmau5 thread number 5000.

Let it begin again... :twisted:

Soundscapemusic

Post by Soundscapemusic » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:02 am

+1 for deadmau5

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:16 am

amon2365 wrote:if you like deadmau5 i highly recommend u check out "boys noize" the album is called "oi oi oi" and sum songs would be "down" "lava lava" and "oh!" u can check em out on youtube.
Did you work on some of the tracks?

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:50 am

'guerilla marketing' attempts aside, deadmau5's music is OK by me.

amon2365

Post by amon2365 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:25 am

uh oh. i think i started a new thread by accident. i was supposed to be replying to someone who liked deadmau5 and wanted to know new good artists.....

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:42 am

amon2365 wrote:uh oh. i think i started a new thread by accident. i was supposed to be replying to someone who liked deadmau5 and wanted to know new good artists.....
got it.. i'll check out ur link.. thanks, i'm new to the this genre..

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:11 am

:roll: how many more gratuitous suck up to DM5 threads do we need?.

Guerilla marketing - yes. Seriously, this dude whose music is, at best, very average and certainly brings nothing new to the table, is hyped up so much here that I am starting to believe that his marketing department is paying people, or in fact, many of the thread starters are just dm5 aliases set up by his record label/management team.

Everyone knows about this dude already - he does not require any more ass kissing from any forum anywhere, long lost civilizations rooted deep in the Amazon rainforest could tell you all about this dude because of the continuous blanket media bombing we have to endure. This guy is only second to Michael Jackson's death in media exposure now. We might as well just elect the dude as president because he gets more coverage than Barack Obama ....

Or give the guy a freaking sticky so we don't have to have 2 dozen tribute threads per month ....
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:57 am

leedsquietman wrote::roll: how many more gratuitous suck up to DM5 threads do we need?.

Guerilla marketing - yes. Seriously, this dude whose music is, at best, very average and certainly brings nothing new to the table, is hyped up so much here that I am starting to believe that his marketing department is paying people, or in fact, many of the thread starters are just dm5 aliases set up by his record label/management team.

Everyone knows about this dude already - he does not require any more ass kissing from any forum anywhere, long lost civilizations rooted deep in the Amazon rainforest could tell you all about this dude because of the continuous blanket media bombing we have to endure. This guy is only second to Michael Jackson's death in media exposure now. We might as well just elect the dude as president because he gets more coverage than Barack Obama ....

Or give the guy a freaking sticky so we don't have to have 2 dozen tribute threads per month ....
look, dewd, I don't think you are grasping what's going on here: he's like, this computer music dewd that wears a big freakin mouse thing on his head but his eyes are not where the mouse's eyes are, they are, like' where the mouse's mouth is.

Dewd, FFS, lighten. He'd probably make a pretty good president if he wasn't Canadian and shit.

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:13 am

leedsquietman wrote::roll: how many more gratuitous suck up to DM5 threads do we need?.

truthfully, I've heard of him a few times only in this forum but never really listened to him until recently.. I might be in the minority of people in this forum that don't produce or listen to electronic music on a regular basis.. I just like music period so I listen to all styles.. whether he deserves his credit or not; I don't know but he must be doing something write.. I don't know, I just can't hate on anyone.. I'd love to be where he is at some point where I am getting paid to do music, and nothing else.. but back to the point, i don't work for deadmau5.. and honestly, i am so new to the electronic scene that I like Tiesto.. please don't hate me.... :oops:

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:27 am

no hate - just tired and low blood sugar ;) This makes for a very cranky guy ...

Trolling then becomes very easy ... like what you like, it's all good, admitting to liking Tiesto might catch you a few bullets here though :lol:

There are 30 pages of Deadmau5 inspired commentary in the search index. This shows how much he polarizes people's opinions, but from his point of view, so long as people are talking, good or bad, it's all publicity and there's no such thing as bad publicity ....
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

loquat

Post by loquat » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:44 am

Deadmau5 seems to come up a lot. I heard of Boyz Noize loooooong before I heard of Deadmau5. His costume looks like a 3D version of the DrumKat and it seems like a rip off to me.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:30 am

personally, I think he does bring a lot to the table. not necessarily new but his production is unbelievable. every kick, every drum, every synth patch, programmed to perfection. I listen to him just to be inspired from a production point of view. he ahs the skillz.

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:42 am

I only bought the Deadmau5 album t'other day. Usually, I can't stand that 4-to-the-floor dancefloor stuff, but I really quite enjoyed it.
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:51 am

UKRuss wrote:personally, I think he does bring a lot to the table. not necessarily new but his production is unbelievable. every kick, every drum, every synth patch, programmed to perfection. I listen to him just to be inspired from a production point of view. he ahs the skillz.
sometimes i get capped on (maybe i should) by friends and stuff because I listen to a wide variety including pop, electonica, rap, r&b, metal, even country, and some other genres.. I try to really learn from great tracks, even some that i don't necessarily like.. i admit i even listen to britney spears sometimes.. is it for her vocals, no... but some of her songs really have some sick ass beats and nice production IMO.. This deadmau5 is inspiring to me also from a production point of view. he is also a very smart business marketing man. as corny as it is to dj with props like a mask, he is branding his name.. anyways, i guess i listen to songs not to only for enjoyment, but i like to see what makes a track hot and connect to people regardless of my preference. every song has a story and again, i just love music in general. i think i learn more that way instead of being closed minded to one genre or something. but i think i went off on a tangent.. but yeah, i find deadmau5 along with other artists inspiring also..