Alt+Tab between Live 8 and Cubase is sluggish

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Midilizard

Alt+Tab between Live 8 and Cubase is sluggish

Post by Midilizard » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:35 am

Hey Everyone:

I have had Live 4 for years and used it regularly as a Rewired slave to Cubase SX. I finally downloaded Live 8.0.4 and really like it. It is the trial but it says it's the full blown version. My issue is speed. I alt+tab between Live and Cubase all the time and Live 4 was fine. Well, Live 8 is sluggish and from when I alt+tab to Live, the screen will take about 5-10 seconds to be accessible. Everything plays but Live just sits on more or less a blank screen and i can't click on anything. So I have to wait for it to "tab over" and then I can click things. It works fine other than that. Any clues? thx.

ultra

Re: Alt+Tab between Live 8 and Cubase is sluggish

Post by ultra » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:40 am

sounds like the typical behavior of a computer that doesn't have enough memory.
LiveAPI programmers: join my google group
http://groups.google.com/group/ableton-liveapi

Midilizard

Post by Midilizard » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Thanks for the reply. I actually have 3 gig of RAM in my P4 3.2 PC and the problems begins with no instruments loaded. Also, the audio all plays just fine, it's just that when alt+tabbing to Live, it switches but you can click anything for like 5-10 seconds. SWitching back to Cubase, is instant. Past that, with Ableton 4, it switches fine. THX. mj

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:57 pm

Live 8 is still in it's infancy imo. They need to go at least 4 or 5 more revs before I would consider it stable for most people. Just going by my past experience.