Who has really checked his e-mail while performing?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
funky shit

Re: Who has really checked his e-mail while performing?

Post by funky shit » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:45 pm

jeskola01 wrote:When i first got Live 5 or 6 years back i recorded some vinyls onto my laptop for my first ever ablton live dj set ! As i was recording in i was mucking about on the internet checking emails and MSn friends etc etc... So i'm in the club Djing that night all going well till i hear the MSN youve got a message chime really loud over the PA - so i think fuck i must have opened it by mistake, then i hear the got email sound, then the send email sound and it slowly dawns on me that when i recorded in the vinyls i had also recorded all the system sounds :oops: :oops: :oops: Never made that mistake again.

OMG :lol:

LeifonMars

Post by LeifonMars » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:50 pm

In the late 90's, when I was doing "techno" I used to burn a cd and do the whole thing playback. I had no equipment that would look good on stage, so I used to bring fax machines, xerox and whatever stuff was available. So I spent my shows basically copying and sending faxes.
MBP OSX 10.6.8, Live 8.4, MFII, Evolver, Monomachine, Octatrack, APC40, Launchpad

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:16 am

LeifonMars wrote:In the late 90's, when I was doing "techno" I used to burn a cd and do the whole thing playback. I had no equipment that would look good on stage, so I used to bring fax machines, xerox and whatever stuff was available. So I spent my shows basically copying and sending faxes.
OMG x 2 :lol:

drumrak

Post by drumrak » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:17 am

i have plenty of times. and ive posted on this forum before. 8)

:|

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:08 am

i check my email onstage via blackberry while playing with a rock band. does that count?

i've posted on the forum while driving on the highway. I've replied to threads while on break at the rock gigs, but never while actually onstage. unless i was taking break onstage.
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

LeifonMars

Post by LeifonMars » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:08 am

funky shit wrote:
LeifonMars wrote:In the late 90's, when I was doing "techno" I used to burn a cd and do the whole thing playback. I had no equipment that would look good on stage, so I used to bring fax machines, xerox and whatever stuff was available. So I spent my shows basically copying and sending faxes.
OMG x 2 :lol:
Looked sexierthan those skinny dudes with their electribes, especially if you wore asbestos protection suit and goggles.
MBP OSX 10.6.8, Live 8.4, MFII, Evolver, Monomachine, Octatrack, APC40, Launchpad

Imaulle

Post by Imaulle » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:37 am

a few months ago Paul van Dyk checked his e-mail in the middle of a gig at Beta in denver. Brad Roulier (founder of beatport) yelled at him. it was pretty funny

aisling

Post by aisling » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:03 pm

funny, I used to bring a vacuum cleaner, a blender (inspired after seeing ministry perform live), and a few other senseless objects on stage as well back in the 90's....
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

wildknees

Post by wildknees » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:20 am

one time i checked in for a flight during a gig, does that count?
i was particularly poorly received....so...i just got a bunch of loops going and then checked into my flight and then got back to work.
++++++++++++++++

to initialize harddrive, reboot, or strike any key

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:30 am

Who has really performed while checking his e-mail?
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, guitars, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

sk8board

Post by sk8board » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:04 pm

pepezabala wrote:worst moment ever: my mate's laptop crashes on stage and after a while he comes back with the windows start-sound. grrrr.
hahaha.. that's funny and embarrassing as all hell!

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:10 pm

sk8board wrote:
pepezabala wrote:worst moment ever: my mate's laptop crashes on stage and after a while he comes back with the windows start-sound. grrrr.
hahaha.. that's funny and embarrassing as all hell!
we're considering putting this on a cd for when something crashes on us, we press play on the cd and it starts with this :)
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.