new akai controllers

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dave999z

new akai controllers

Post by dave999z » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:10 am

mpk61
http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM09 ... With-MPK61

and new little controllers for laptop use or whatever (one piano keyboard, one pad controller):
http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM09 ... ontrollers

Willyum

Re: new akai controllers

Post by Willyum » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:18 am

Man, they still don't even have dedicated usb drivers for the MPD32 yet, and it took them forever to start fixing firmware problems... everybody talking about tons of problems and humming noises comming from the apc40. Not to mention that it's too little too late... Korgs mini controllers are fire! especially if you add the 'nativeKontrol' for Live apps.

I'm afraid Akai is turning into another Novation (before the buy-out).

(that little keyboard might be interesting though.)

I'll pass until Akai gets thier act together and start living up to what Akai used to be.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:29 am

dammit... why can't a company just make a controller with 24 fucking knobs.. 3 rows of 8 knobs or even 4 rows... is that so difficult? there isn't one single controller on the market now that will function as a DJ-style EQ for 8 channels. it would make a perfect companion to the APC40. they'll make a million fucking pad controllers but not one single knobby controller. how the fuck am i supposed to turn down the gain on the bass with a fucking pad? and yes i understand that the APC40 can switch to different devices. but what if you wanted to kill the bass one two channels at the same time? you'd have to have really quick hands!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:35 am

McQ714 wrote:dammit... why can't a company just make a controller with 24 fucking knobs.. 3 rows of 8 knobs or even 4 rows... is that so difficult? there isn't one single controller on the market now that will function as a DJ-style EQ for 8 channels. it would make a perfect companion to the APC40. they'll make a million fucking pad controllers but not one single knobby controller. how the fuck am i supposed to turn down the gain on the bass with a fucking pad? and yes i understand that the APC40 can switch to different devices. but what if you wanted to kill the bass one two channels at the same time? you'd have to have really quick hands!
are you serious?

In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:37 am

nano 2 electric boogaloo

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:43 am

McQ714 wrote:dammit... why can't a company just make a controller with 24 fucking knobs.. 3 rows of 8 knobs or even 4 rows... is that so difficult?
Dude, you made 400+ post on this board and you are seriously making this comment! That BCR2000 is one of the most popular controllers on this forum!

dru

Post by dru » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:54 am

UC33e has 3x8 knobs too.

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:37 am

McQ714 wrote:dammit... why can't a company just make a controller with 24 fucking knobs.. 3 rows of 8 knobs or even 4 rows... is that so difficult? there isn't one single controller on the market now that will function as a DJ-style EQ for 8 channels. it would make a perfect companion to the APC40. they'll make a million fucking pad controllers but not one single knobby controller. how the fuck am i supposed to turn down the gain on the bass with a fucking pad? and yes i understand that the APC40 can switch to different devices. but what if you wanted to kill the bass one two channels at the same time? you'd have to have really quick hands!
EPIC FAIL.

<facepalm />
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

Bazaaa

Post by Bazaaa » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:23 am

I would love that keyboard one if it is Velocity sensitive and usable. Have been waitig for one of those forever. That Korg one is pure shite.

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:57 am

I greet this with a big fat 'Meh'. I don't see any bank switching on that there pad controller, which does make it pretty redundant in my eyes. And, knowing Akai, they'll be over-priced.
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:09 am

Akai Meh...

the pad thingy is not meat and not fish... to few pads and not enough rotaries... fail.

the key thingy might be better then the Korg ones, though... if they manage proper driver support.
*** Image GAFM ***

trevorc

Post by trevorc » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:17 am

McQ714 wrote:dammit... why can't a company just make a controller with 24 fucking knobs.. 3 rows of 8 knobs or even 4 rows... is that so difficult? there isn't one single controller on the market now that will function as a DJ-style EQ for 8 channels.

Ed J

Post by Ed J » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Is there an equivalent to the BCR2000 that has clicky buttons built into every knob? (not the technical terms but waay more amusing)

It'd be good to be able to switch each band on an EQ3 on and off simply by pressing it's relevant encoder!
Some stuff, and some other stuff. Honest.
Currently on a huge and mostly pointless promotion drive, come play:
Soundcloud!
Facebook!!
Twatter!!!

ghostly

Post by ghostly » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:08 pm

Willyum wrote:Man, they still don't even have dedicated usb drivers for the MPD32 yet, and it took them forever to start fixing firmware problems... everybody talking about tons of problems and humming noises comming from the apc40. Not to mention that it's too little too late... Korgs mini controllers are fire! especially if you add the 'nativeKontrol' for Live apps.

I'm afraid Akai is turning into another Novation (before the buy-out).

(that little keyboard might be interesting though.)

I'll pass until Akai gets thier act together and start living up to what Akai used to be.
The nanokey is a bundle of shit so I'm interested in the LPK25.