possible to select multiple breakpoints in envelopes?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
memetic

possible to select multiple breakpoints in envelopes?

Post by memetic » Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:14 am

is there any way to select multiple breakpoints in one pass, i.e. to rubberband all the points in a curve, so that they can be deleted or repositioned as a group? i'd even settle for shift-click or ctrl-click to select multiples.

i've done several searches within the forums to see if this has been covered, and, alas, came up dry. has everyone else just dealt with altering envelopes one point at a time, or have i overlooked something obvious?

thx

:: | m e m e t i c | ::

memetic

Post by memetic » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:00 pm

okay, so i answered my own question, thank you very much. :)

went back and re-read the manual . . . seems that the trick to multiselecting is that you must rubberband around the whole clip, not just the envelope points . . . didn't get that at first.

however, while this does make deletion of multiple points a non-issue, it seems that it is still not possible to move a group of breakpoints in one stroke . . . this would be a good "nice to have" feature, imho.

Gerhard

Post by Gerhard » Fri Aug 23, 2002 8:45 am

You are right, and it will be done. By the way, you can delete multipe breakpoints in one go using the Delete Envelope command from the Edit menu. There are more .. Envelope commands to be found there.

Gerhard
ableton

memetic

Post by memetic » Fri Aug 23, 2002 10:41 pm

thanks Gerhard, glad to know it's being taken care of.

and i did find the Delete Envelope command - thanks! just wish i'd found it sooner!

cheers