OT: We The People

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
hurlingdervish
Posts: 1242
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:06 am
Location: The New England Colonies

Re: OT: We The People

Post by hurlingdervish » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:52 pm

GrooveNinja wrote:
starving student wrote: so then you believe that martin luther king chose the wrong route?
He is dead. It didn't really work for him very well, now, did it?
thats pretty ignorant.
his cause was greater than his life. he understood that. Harvey Milk understood that. Every civil rights activist knows they will be targeted by repressed angry men

Tone Deft
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: OT: We The People

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:53 pm

GrooveNinja wrote:
starving student wrote: so then you believe that martin luther king chose the wrong route?
He is dead. It didn't really work for him very well, now, did it?
it worked amazingly well, his words, his spirit, his movement still goes on strong. every single major black neighborhood in the US has a Doctor Reverend Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard, and most of them spell it out in a long 8 foot street sign when most are 2-3 feet, no abbreviating that shit. pride.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

stringtapper
Posts: 6276
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: OT: We The People

Post by stringtapper » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:55 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
GrooveNinja wrote:
starving student wrote: so then you believe that martin luther king chose the wrong route?
He is dead. It didn't really work for him very well, now, did it?
it worked amazingly well, his words, his spirit, his movement still goes on strong. every single major black neighborhood in the US has a Doctor Reverend Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard, and most of them spell it out in a long 8 foot street sign when most are 2-3 feet, no abbreviating that shit. pride.
"You know what's sad? Martin Luther King stood for non violence. And I don't care where you are in America, if you're on Martin Luther King Boulevard, there's some violence going down." - CR
Unsound Designer

smutek
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:30 pm
Location: Baltimore,United States

Re: OT: We The People

Post by smutek » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:01 am

GrooveNinja wrote:
The greatest folly of liberals is "if we show them that we mean them no harm, then they won't hurt us."
Then of course this would exclude Barak Obama from being a liberal, and, well, I suppose about 99.9% of the rest of the Democratic party, correct?

I mean, can you name me a few prominent "doves" in the democratic party?

(assuming you are talking about Democrats here, for most people liberal and Democrat are inter-changeable terms)

Tone Deft
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: OT: We The People

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:05 am

smutek wrote:
GrooveNinja wrote:
The greatest folly of liberals is "if we show them that we mean them no harm, then they won't hurt us."
Then of course this would exclude Barak Obama from being a liberal, and, well, I suppose about 99.9% of the rest of the Democratic party, correct?

I mean, can you name me a few prominent "doves" in the democratic party?

(assuming you are talking about Democrats here, for most people liberal and Democrat are inter-changeable terms)
Obama in office - check
US troops in two wars - check


it Clinton's military that Dubbya went into Iraq and Afghanistan with. you think he built up those forces in 9 months after a Democratic President let the defense forces dwindle?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

GrooveNinja
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: We The People

Post by GrooveNinja » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:06 am

Tone Deft wrote:
GrooveNinja wrote:
starving student wrote: so then you believe that martin luther king chose the wrong route?
He is dead. It didn't really work for him very well, now, did it?
it worked amazingly well, his words, his spirit, his movement still goes on strong. every single major black neighborhood in the US has a Doctor Reverend Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard, and most of them spell it out in a long 8 foot street sign when most are 2-3 feet, no abbreviating that shit. pride.
But he isn't able to enjoy it, is he? The original point was that if you can't or won't defend yourself, then you will die. Ironically, defense is the one responsibility of the Federal Government as outlined in the Constitution that it actually does fulfill.

hurlingdervish
Posts: 1242
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:06 am
Location: The New England Colonies

Re: OT: We The People

Post by hurlingdervish » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:07 am

he doesn't have to enjoy it...that's the point of SELFLESSNESS

Tone Deft
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: OT: We The People

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:10 am

hurlingdervish wrote:he doesn't have to enjoy it...that's the point of SELFLESSNESS
+1

you're OK ninja, it's a tough time to be a conservative on a music forum. ;)
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

GrooveNinja
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: We The People

Post by GrooveNinja » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:10 am

smutek wrote:
Then of course this would exclude Barak Obama from being a liberal, and, well, I suppose about 99.9% of the rest of the Democratic party, correct?

I mean, can you name me a few prominent "doves" in the democratic party?

(assuming you are talking about Democrats here, for most people liberal and Democrat are inter-changeable terms)
Hehe, that seems to clearly demonstrate the lying and hypocrisy of the democratic party, doesn't it?

GrooveNinja
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: We The People

Post by GrooveNinja » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:11 am

Tone Deft wrote:
hurlingdervish wrote:he doesn't have to enjoy it...that's the point of SELFLESSNESS
+1

you're OK ninja, it's a tough time to be a conservative on a music forum. ;)
Actually, you are wrong on that one, too.

Tone Deft
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: OT: We The People

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:13 am

GrooveNinja wrote:
smutek wrote:
Then of course this would exclude Barak Obama from being a liberal, and, well, I suppose about 99.9% of the rest of the Democratic party, correct?

I mean, can you name me a few prominent "doves" in the democratic party?

(assuming you are talking about Democrats here, for most people liberal and Democrat are inter-changeable terms)
Hehe, that seems to clearly demonstrate the lying and hypocrisy of the democratic party, doesn't it?
no, it shows how centrist the Democratic party is and how it's not a good example of liberalism. contrast that with the GOP and you can see how far right you weirdos are. :P
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Tone Deft
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: OT: We The People

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:14 am

GrooveNinja wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
hurlingdervish wrote:he doesn't have to enjoy it...that's the point of SELFLESSNESS
+1

you're OK ninja, it's a tough time to be a conservative on a music forum. ;)
Actually, you are wrong on that one, too.
:lol: OK then, you're not OK, you're a dookiehead.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

GrooveNinja
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: We The People

Post by GrooveNinja » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:17 am

Tone Deft wrote:
GrooveNinja wrote:
smutek wrote:
Then of course this would exclude Barak Obama from being a liberal, and, well, I suppose about 99.9% of the rest of the Democratic party, correct?

I mean, can you name me a few prominent "doves" in the democratic party?

(assuming you are talking about Democrats here, for most people liberal and Democrat are inter-changeable terms)
Hehe, that seems to clearly demonstrate the lying and hypocrisy of the democratic party, doesn't it?
no, it shows how centrist the Democratic party is and how it's not a good example of liberalism. contrast that with the GOP and you can see how far right you weirdos are. :P
Well considering how closely the objectives of the communist movement coincide with the democratic party's platform and what they have actually done this year, I would not consider them centrist by any stretch of the word. Unfortunately, the republican party is not really much different. The two-party system is the biggest problem with America.

GrooveNinja
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: We The People

Post by GrooveNinja » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:18 am

Tone Deft wrote: :lol: OK then, you're not OK, you're a dookiehead.
Umm, I don't know what that means. :oops:

Tone Deft
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: OT: We The People

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:25 am

GrooveNinja wrote:Umm, I don't know what that means. :oops:
I take it you meant that it's not a bad time to be a conservative on a music forum.

I twisted that around to imply that you meant you weren't an OK guy.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Post Reply