All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Control selected track \w keyboard shortcuts
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:16 pm 

@Ittai: which MIDI command are you sending? You need to use "fire next scene", which is Note 40 (E1).

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:25 am 

It´s really a shame that ableton has not figured out a way to solo selected track by keyboards commands.
I came from Logic monday. Installed Live 9 suite and Push. This and other flaws makes (among them no swipe-solo/swipe-mute several tracks)
- for me - ableton Live 9 a fun tool. No serious mixing contender. And thats it.

Great that you guys are helping out the community where ableton failed.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:39 pm 

Hey, I finally turned the alpha-preview into a full version 1.2.9, which is available for download now und compatible with Live 9.

http://stc.wiffbi.com/download/

Hope you like it.

P.S.: A litte user-requested feature made it into the release as well: master volume control. MIDI CC 80 (rel2comp) or CC 81 (absolute).

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:38 pm 

the download file is still numbered 1.2.8. I think will cause a bit of confusion.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:36 pm 

@Emerah: Ah, thanks for pointing that out! It was actually the wrong link. I fixed the link to the correct version 1.2.9.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:44 pm 

Hi, I'm testing this in Live 9. It's cool. Got it working with kmidi. Don't know if I want to mess with the rest just yet. One thing puzzles me. It says use ctrl plus the arrow keys to select tracks and scenes, but the arrow keys do that on their own anyway, so what's supposed to be different?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:04 am 

@Funk N. Furter: depending on what has focus in Live, the arrow keys do different things. E.g. if you click in the browser, you can use the arrow keys to navigate the folders/files. Having the ctrl-arrow keys available, you can navigate Session view without having to think about what has focus in Live’s GUI.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:39 am 

wiffbi wrote:
@Funk N. Furter: depending on what has focus in Live, the arrow keys do different things. E.g. if you click in the browser, you can use the arrow keys to navigate the folders/files. Having the ctrl-arrow keys available, you can navigate Session view without having to think about what has focus in Live’s GUI.

Did I tell you you're a genius??!! Image

It also doesn't interfere with my little custom trick of using alt plus arrow keys to keyboard scroll in Live. With this too you don't need to focus but you do have to hover over the part of Live you want to scroll in.

2 of your shortcuts do clash with my left hand version of keyboard scrolling, but it's easy (2 second job) to switch off that option (of mine) when you are not using it. People who do need it will have to modify either my script or yours. It uses the left ctrl key plus QAWS to scroll. There's always gonna be clashes when you get into a shedload of custom shortcuts. Fortunately I don't use ctrl much, most of my stuff in Easy ways to control Live Part 3: A higher state of mouselessness is alt shortcuts, and for universal ones like launching apps I tend to use cmd ones.

Please note the smallprint: MacAbleton's Easy ways to control Live Parts 2 and 3 are Mac only. You need KeyRemap (free) and iKey (discount coupon at MacAbleton brings price down to £13 while offer is on. I do NOT get any money for promoting either product.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:47 am 

Hello

I have brc2000 controller which I pretty much just want to use as a device control in Ableton. I was wondering if it would be just a matter of adding 16 cc controls in order to have a total of 32 knobs per bank. I see that there is a list that goes from 33 to 48 on the settings.py file.

Thanks for your help

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:27 am 

@Peifco: yes, that is correct! You can simply add more CCs to that list in settings.py for device control. Technically there should not be a limit, but AFAIK from Live, 128 controls is the maximum.

If you add CCs that clash with existing ones, then you can deactivate any other actions in settings.py by adding a # at the beginning of the line.

Furthermore you can even define your own favorite mappings per device. Have a look at the top of settings.py, there is a short description in there. It is a lot of trial and error currently though.

If you need help with settings.py, let me know. I can do the changes for you, if you let me know how many and which CCs you want to control the device.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:37 pm 

Victorypoint,
Would you be willing to post a few screenshots of your midi sync settings in Ableton, and the STC settings in the Softstep Editor?

LM6

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:31 am 

STC is great.

But the keyboard extension only works for Mac.
On the STC site, there is a note:

Not on Mac, Check out Windows integration

But the link does not lead anywhere.

How can I have selected track control shortcuts for a Windows environment?

Thanks

live 9.1.2, OS mavericks, push, stray's script, MPD32/LD8, stc, access virus kc, but no elektron octatrack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:50 pm 

@The Finn: Thanks for pointing that out! I fixed the link on the homepage. The thing is, there is currently not a simple solution for Windows. You need some utility that converts keyboard shortcuts into MIDI – I have been told that Bome’s does this, but I cannot test it myself. If someone knows a way on Windows, please let us all know!

Btw. here is the not very useful (sorry!) text you will find regarding Windows integration:

Notes for Windows integration
Adding keyboard shortcuts to Windows

You need to install the SelectedTrackControl MIDI Remote Script.

To turn you computer keyboard into a MIDI-controller just like Kimidi does on Mac OS X, Bome’s Midi Translator Pro should be a good starting point. If you have created a configuration for it (or have another solution for turning keyboard input into MIDI on Windows) I would be happy, if you share it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:48 am 

I'm using STC all the time now when I use Live, as far as I'm concerned it's a must-have no-brainer. I just use a limited number of the keyboard commands at the moment, eg ctrl FV for the fader, the arrow keys and so on.

So how does STC work when using the computer keyboard? If I press ctrl D, what's the chain of events? I know it uses KMIDI and Bomes. How does ctrl D end up with Live knowing what to do? Or the ctrl arrow keys thing? How is it talking to Live?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:12 pm 

Yeh STC rocks.

At the moment I have managed to get my AKAI LD8 edited so that it can handle most of the most common active track commands *not* catered for by Push. So I can limp along without Kimidi / Bomes for now.

live 9.1.2, OS mavericks, push, stray's script, MPD32/LD8, stc, access virus kc, but no elektron octatrack

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 27  Next