All times are UTC

Post subject: Problems with Sampling to and from Ableton/Electribe ESX
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:58 pm 

Hi everyone, I'd like some help in solving a problem that's been driving me kinda crazy.
I just bought a Electribe ESX (the red one) to act as my main hardware sampler. One of the workflows I'm interested in is being able to send my loops made in Ableton to the ESX in order to manipulate them there, and then record them back in Ableton. I've been having some trouble with it because sometimes all I get is unbearable feedback, and other times it works like a charm and I've no idea why. Hope you guys can help me out. Here's my setup:

Macbook Pro and Ableton 10
Presonus Audiobox USB
Electric ESX

I have an Audio track in Ableton with the loops being routed to Outputs 3/4 of Ableton, which in turn are routed to the Audiobox. The outputs of the Audiobox are then routed to the Audio In of the Electribe. I then output the ESX back into the Audiobox input.
When I try to use the normal outputs of the Audiobox, the ESX doesn't pick up anything. When I use the phone outs all I get is some crazy feedback looping. The Audiobox is working as an integrated device together with the Mac's built-in output as well.

The strange thing is, I got this exact same setup working nicely a couple days ago, and now all I get is feedback. I don't know exactly which step I'm getting wrong. Of course I could bounce the loops to WAV and then sample them on the USB by playing them back from my phone or sth, but that'd be a massive pain in the ass compared to sampling directly to/from Ableton.
Any ideas?