My laptop with Live 4 is of the hook

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
FaX-01

My laptop with Live 4 is of the hook

Post by FaX-01 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:41 am

1 * Crytsal
1* Superwave
1* Synth 1
1* CM303
1* SR202
2* IMPULSE
1* SIMPLER
3* AUDIO TRACK
6 Ableton effects + Buffer Overide + 2 * DFX Transverbs
CPU useage Total 19-24%

Still no pops or crackles without hyperthreading disabled either.
Well done Ableton 12 hours solid use and zero crashes.
This thing totally rocks.
That said all the routing options are a headfuck 8O :lol:
I can't believe I got this for $49 USD as an upgrade.
Well done.
I'm havin' a blast :D
Still ALOT to get my head around but the FOLLOW ACTION A/B functions are an absolute Godsend as are the handful of midi processing effects.
Definately better CPU useage than 3.0.4 .
All PC users you must download Superwave if you don't have it .
I thought CRYSTAL was great this is like having a JP8080 ( I used to own one) for absolutely nothing.
Next two purchases are definately gonna be Ravity S and Ravity R for some rompler style goodness.
Reason is gonna be very lonely - thank heavens for Maelstrom , and NNXT which still come in really handy actually I love the Subtractor for digital subtractive textures also .....
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:09 pm

Where do you get the Synth 1 ?

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:14 pm

i was just appreciating my own machine. up late tweaking a few things for some live acts i'll be doing soon, and i dont think my live set is gonna go above 15% CPU at all during an entire set. 12 channels, eq4's on each, 4 of which are VSTi (pro-53, light reaktor stuff, fm7), couple delays / reverb/ filters. Certainly not all 12 channels going at the same time... more like 8 simultaneously, but it does make me happy to have all the headroom. Its nice having 15% on stage rather than 85%. definitely keeps the blood pressure down.

does your 17" have a screen resolution above 1280 horizontally? i've got 1280x800 and being able to view 15 channels plus master is nice too.

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:46 pm

Hi Rikhyray :D .......

I don't have the websites bookmarked but if you do a Google search for Synth 1 (which is modelled on a NordLead II and Superwave 8 is modelled on the Jp8080 comes damn close too).

Superwave8 and Synth 1 should have direct download links from
http://www.kvr-vst.com

The same with Greenoak Crystal (I've just downloaded Triangle I and II also and tranfered to my LIve 4 laptop) .

I swear some these freeware synths are off the hook.
Also go to http://www.luxonix.com and download the freeware
LFX-1310 effects processor you wont regret it (very CPU efficient) up to 3 simultaneous effects in series with lots of greta delays ,ambient verbs ,phasers ,flangers ,bit crushers ,overdirve ,distortion ,eq and compression algo's .

Have fun and enjoy and they're super stable with Live 4 (LinnPlug Free Alpha is a bit dodgy though with a few denornal issues depending on the patch programmed) .
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

Human Koala

:? a question

Post by Human Koala » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:05 pm

sorry just a question how do you work with buffer ovveride ???
cause since Live 4 , it seems have prob with clock synchronisation
and i love this plug ...

Hk

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:38 pm

Thanks,
Google didnt help, found manual for it but some sites including Kvr give 404
Anybody knows where could I find the Synth 1 ? I like my NL but it will be very practical to use some less prominent tracks with the softsynth.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:44 pm

OK found it through the Ochiro Toda`s name.

cperezzzz

Re: My laptop with Live 4 is of the hook

Post by cperezzzz » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:51 pm

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX